[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You can thank Paladin for the great photos !

I still like looking back on them myself Marv - we had a great time. The Chicago peeps are cool peoples. I look forward to returning there.

Dam y'all going to make me get all sentimental up in here, but revisiting this thread certainly rekindles the fond memories of this event. Those photographs actually tell a part of a story themselves, however the friendships and camaraderie that evolved from this event was something special. The commentary within this thread is a perfect compliment to the fun we had and its something I'll never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Dam y'all going to make me get all sentimental up in here, but revisiting this thread certainly rekindles the fond memories of this event. Those photographs actually tell a part of a story themselves, however the friendships and camaraderie that evolved from this event was something special. The commentary within this thread is a perfect compliment to the fun we had and its something I'll never forget.
    ME either KDub and I look forward to coming back to OakBrook Mall and having you meet me/us there at BLOOMINGDALES. LOL!

Excuse me baby girl thats "Boom-in Dales" to you.......

LOL ! Well I'm happy to announce that our next event will be April 2011. [[Stay tuned ........)

Quote Originally Posted by GeeTee[[HPK) View Post
    LOL ! Well I'm happy to announce that our next event will be April 2011. [[Stay tuned ........)
    Skipping January? Just let me know so I can clock that time in ahead of time...

PJ and I had a talk a few days ago, and we decided to wait until the weather is better. As soon as I know the exact date, I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeTee[[HPK) View Post
    PJ and I had a talk a few days ago, and we decided to wait until the weather is better. As soon as I know the exact date, I'll let you know.
    Cant exactly surprise you this time, but I can still pull a rabbit out of a hat, so to speak....

I'm keeping my eyes wide open ! [[especially on my Chi-town people)

LOL @GeeTee...Maybe, we'll need to keep our eyes on YOU

BTW, great idea to postpone the next Dusties Party to a later date...Unless, of course, y'all want to have an excuse to celebrate my birthday [[February)...LOL!

Well the Dusties Party will never be postponed,but our Peabody's event has. [[and you know that the month of Feb can be just a brutal than January)

In regards to keeping you eyes on me .....[[lol) well, I may have a few tricks up my sleeves musically speaking.

arr&bee,
    Where are you ? lol

Slight correction: G., I meant to say all that about the next Peabody's Event. Was just joking about my birthday And, what I trying to say was that maybe we'll keep our eyes on YOU, as you may be the next one with the secret about when Renee's coming back.

This was easily my FAVE thread on SDF in 2010....for so many reasons.

And as my niece in New York would say....it was "mad crazy" that Dyva Showed up and Showed out.

A Ton of Nicely Done's......

See yall before 2011 is over.

I saw that you checked in my brother and well........ ya know !

Well since this thread has resurfaced, maybe it's too early to announce [[or maybe it isn't) that the next event at Peabody's will be April 23rd. I know that's a few months away,but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Yay! Great news You're sending invites, right? You know FB now serves as my calendar, right?...LOL

Well Cat, i just sent the first invite here on SDF. I'll keep you posted on further details.

Excellent. Just in time to celebrate my birthday

Behave yourselves now, you know that's Easter weekend.

So uh, what you trying to say Chris, you gonna bring some loaves and fish ?

I'm just sayin', keep it repspectful.

Loaves and fish are a bit passe. How 'bout some blackened salmon with chipotle squash puree and mango rice and a nice merlot?

Ruby andrew is still fine,have mercy!!!

well,well arr&bee, you finally got around to seeing this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by geetee[[hpk) View Post
    well,well arr&bee, you finally got around to seeing this thread.
    hehehehe,thanks guys you know me,one drop of the hooch and i'm just waking up...danm ruby andrews is fine!!!

The month of February is almost over,but I just want to remind the folks in Chicago [[and the lurkers too ) that our Soul Reunion event at Peabody Records is still scheduled for Saturday April 23rd from 12 noon 'til closing. [[whatever time that will be)

I can't say who will show up this time,but it;s going to be better than our last event!

For those that might be traveling to Chicago during that time, come out and have a great time with us. It's FREE ! We will be spinning some great classic soul music and we will have free food.

April, eh? Can a white dude from Cleveland join the festivities? I might be able to get it together in time for that event!

Best,

Mark

HOLY HELL!!!!!

GeeTee, how in the world did I miss this thread?!?!?!?

GeeTee, Paladin, Cat, and Chi Drummer in the house & even Ms. La Dyva made a roadtrip & do I detect the cover of The Mary Jane Girls!!!

Ruby Andrews...I like Ms. Ruby & she can sing 'I Guess That Don't Make Me A Loser' any old day of the week!!!

AHHHHH...brother Alphonso... I met him at Levi's funeral and...I'll leave it at that

AHHHHH...the smell of vinyl everywhere...I believe that I'm tearing up...Tito...get the tissue...Dyva...stop laughing

I see that we have a Malletizer in training in cahoots with Cat...HMMMM...Same ol' DyvaNaye!

And the beginnings of a new music group...Paladin & The Artistic!

AHHHH...Alphonso redux...perhaps it's best that you let what happened in Chi-town STAY IN CHI-TOWN. Ironically, I was just speaking about im the other day & just remember... the words of a great man...CAIN'T NOBODY SANG BETTA DEN EDDIE KINNNNG JR.

Better recognize da skills & you know this MANNNN!!! You oughta know what I mean

You guys look as though you had a ball & the next time that I get to Chi-Town, I hope that it's for more than a day!

I know that I was away from the forum for awhile, but OCTOBER & I'm just seeing this now?!!!

Great stuff, it's really nice to see you guys having a ball!

Great shots Kdub & damn...I'm jealous. You guys have all of the fun...Juice...Juice ain't got nuthin'

Tito..I SAID get me the tissue...Dyva, still stop laughing [[sniff, sniff)

Damn ruby andrews is fine-exclamation point

Mark,
    You are welcome to come along ! It's all about having a great time,with great people!

Juice,
    I know you were away from the forum,when this event took place. Like most threads,it was buried and I had to scroll and find it,instead of posting a entire new thread about the event.

In regards to Alphonse .....

Anyway, we had a nice time,and I strongly believe we're going to have a even better time in April.

Dyvanaye and her daughter came out,which was a huge surprise for yours truly
    A few of my friends on the forum knew about her coming,and did a great job of keeping their mouth's shut about her coming. lol

The owners at Peabody Records [[Mark and Mike) are some real nice people,and we thank them for allowing us to use their store to do such a event like this. You would have a field day just looking at the vinyl. [[ bring some cash or your plastic,because you will end up buying something. Trust me !)

We're trying to keep the music alive, partying with some great people,and giving respect to the artists that are still around. Just think, we started this event over a year ago with zero attendance,to what you see from the photos of October of last year.

If anyone on the forum is a member of Facebook, I will post a event notification the last week of March. [[it will be on our Facebook Dusties Party page)

We're looking for anyone,and everyone to come on out !

and arr&bee, you should try to come on out and meet the lady that you adore.
    Last edited by GeeTee(HPK); 02-26-2011 at 10:22 PM.

April is just around the corner. For those in Chicago, I'm throwing this reminder out here again.

Saturday April 23rd Mr. Peabody Records
    11832 S. Western 1-6 pm

Free food, local celebrities will be stopping by,and of course,we will spinning some great classic soul music.

The admission is FREE !

Just as a reminder, our Soul Reunion event April 23rd 1-6 pm. Free food, great music, special guests, etc;

Plus,we will Ustream this event,for those that are unable to attend.

This event is FREE !!!! This is for GROWN FOLKS only ! [[but you're welcome to bring the kids)
    Last edited by GeeTee(HPK); 04-08-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Just a few days away ....... We will have it available on Ustream,so you can see it live.
    I'm sure photos will be posted,so keep checking this thread.

Tomorrow is the big day ! [[I can't wait !)

If you're in the Chicago area, stop by,introduce yourself,and have a great time.
    Free food,so please get there early.

Soul Reunion
    1-6 pm at Mr. Peabody Records
    11832 S. Western

I will post the Ustream link tomorrow,so you can watch,and see the type of fun that we have.

Talk to you later ....

You what's funny? If you look at your original post, the same could be said about tomorrow Life is strange isn't it?

See you all sometime mañana!

Well folks I just got in from this event and as usual I had a great time........pictures and commentary to follow. Soon as I shake off some of these chains and things. Right now I'm pulling a Jai and listening to some vinyl I found today that had escaped my collection, The CTI California Concert featuring Hank, Stanley, Billy Cobham, George Benson, Freddie Hubbard, Hubert Laws.....wow ! I know its on CD now but dam I had to have it...........

Name:  Cali.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  11.1 KB

Photos from the Soul Reunion event from Saturday 4/23, will be posted on a new thread coming soon.

Later .....