[REMOVE ADS]

Remastered sylvester "best of" released on cd & pink double vinyl

We got a copy at the radio station. It has some of the 12 inch mixes. I had not heard a lot of his music before, but I always liked Dance [[Dance Heat). I listened to his live album Living Proof and thought it was very good, possibly one of the best Live Disco albums ever.

Interesting to see that this set doesn't include this groovy little number ..

Perhaps it hasn't been included as it is virtually instrumental with SYLVESTER only singing a few lines here and there. In the U.K. it came out on a 12" with his mellow duet with JEANNIE TRACEY "Here Is My Love" on the other side.

I saw SYLVESTER "Live" when he visited the U.K. on the back of his Top 10 hit "You Make Me Feel Mighty Real" and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to, I can still visualise him and the "Two Tons" singing and hugging each other on stage. The backing musicians were very "Cuban"/"Latin" and I've never seen so few people play so many percussion instruments before .. it took my hearing about two days to recover ...

Roger

Living Proof is one of my favorite live albums: I can never get enough of that intro of Body Strong when the Two Tons start to sing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    We got a copy at the radio station. It has some of the 12 inch mixes. I had not heard a lot of his music before, but I always liked Dance [[Dance Heat). I listened to his live album Living Proof and thought it was very good, possibly one of the best Live Disco albums ever.
    That "Living Proof" is actually my favorite recording of all time, if I had to choose one. It had it all. Roger, I agree "Give It Up" would have been a great addition to the collection