[REMOVE ADS]

New "Back To Class" Single w/ Eddie Willis of The Funk Brothers, Sept. 1st

Hey SDF!

I'm proud to announce that on September 1st, the "Back To Class" benefit project will continue with "Take It Slow," a single featuring Mr. Eddie Willis of The Funk Brothers. As with the original album, 50% of the profits from the single will be donated to the music programs of the Detroit Public Schools.

My group from NYC, The Funk Machine, provides the backing track. The song also features Delbert Nelson and Brian Asselin who both toured extensively with the Funks after the "Standing In The Shadows of Motown" movie, and are now working together in Delbert & The Commotions.

Many of you know that Uriel Jones of the Funks was an early inspiration and mentor to me, and I couldn't be happier to work with Eddie and Delbert to try and capture the spirit of the music that influenced me so much!

You can help spread the word by sharing the following link to the official press release:
    http://prlog.org/12179135

There's a short promo video on the song here:

Thanks everyone, I hope you like it!
    -Drew

Thanks for posting this Drew.

Sounds like a great track, done as you say, in the spirit of the music we all know and love. And for a worthwhile cause too.

Great to hear Eddie's guitar playing, and good to know he's still going strong as a session player.

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by bradburger; 07-23-2013 at 05:46 AM.

I would have mixed the drums up much louder.

Haha Thanks Soulster, I'm glad to know someone out there has some faith in my drumming!