[REMOVE ADS]

Chrysler commercial - Martha's "! Can't Wait 'Til Summer Comes"

Am I hearing things or is that the Martha Reeves' song "I Can't Wait 'Til Summer Comes", from the Lost & Found Disc on the new Singles Collection, in the background of a Chrysler commercial?

I am particularly aware of it at the end of the ad when I hear the background chorus of "hours and hours". I never seem to catch the beginning of the commercial to hear if more of the song is used during the TV ad.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Am I hearing things or is that the Martha Reeves' song "I Can't Wait 'Til Summer Comes", from the Lost & Found Disc on the new Singles Collection, in the background of a Chrysler commercial?

I am particularly aware of it at the end of the ad when I hear the background chorus of "hours and hours". I never seem to catch the beginning of the commercial to hear if more of the song is used during the TV ad.
    John....can you link us up so we can see what you mean? Thanks. John

I just saw the commercial and they do play "I Can't Wait Till Summer Comes" toward the end of the commercial. I believe it's for the 2013 Chrysler Summer Clearance Sale. I couldn't find the commercial on youtube, but they definitely play "I Can't Wait Till Summer Comes." So cool to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    John....can you link us up so we can see what you mean? Thanks. John
    I wouldn't have a clue. I thought about youtube after I posted but I was in kind of a rush. I wanted to post asap hoping someone else saw it and could confirm. I heard it about 3 times but only at the tail end of the commercial so I don't even know what to watch for or what program I was watching. Most likely it was an evening news program. bradsupremes seems to have been more attentive than I.

There's also a version by the Marvelettes. Which one is in the advert?

Does anyone have an idea of this is a local or a national commercial? There are several "2013 Clearance Sale" clips on YouTube, all of them for local dealerships, and I haven't heard this song yet. Obviously interested to know if this is national or not as we could certainly draw attention to where people can get the tune!

Harry, it appeared to be a national commercial. I live in the Cleveland area. I tried looking all over for it on YouTube but no such luck.

I'm in the Boston area.

It sounds like Martha's version as her's is a bit faster in tempo than Wanda's.

well, the usage/license had to be cleared by Universal/Motown..

Just saw the commercial in full on the Portland, Maine 10:00 PM newscast. I figured it was a newscast when I saw and heard the commercial previously on Boston stations.

The ad shows a black sedan driving slowly through a city. People stop their activities to appreciate the vehicle. The voiceover is talking about the sounds of summer.

When the vehicle parks alongside other similar cars the driver presses the button to turn on the radio. That's when "I Can't Wait 'Til Summer Comes" by Martha is heard until the commercial ends. Lasts about 15-20 seconds, if even that. Unfortunately the narration continues over the song.
    Last edited by johnjeb; 07-19-2013 at 11:25 PM.

I finally saw this commercial, at least I think it is the one, during today's TIgers game. First the "black car" shown is the Chrysler 300. By the time the driver changed the channel to the song in question, the narrator was babbling away, pushing the product, so it was hard for me to make out the song details. I'll continue to watch for this commercial so as to try again. -Jeff

Well it's not on Chrysler's YT official video channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/chrysler/videos