[REMOVE ADS]

Denzel Washington

[[Some pictures went with this but I couldn't post them with this).

Remember this next time you walk up to the ticket window of your local movie theater with $10 in your hand.

The Media [[Accidently?) missed this one!!!!

Please read this: The troops oversees would like you to send it to everybody you know.

Subject: Denzel Washington, and Brooks Army Medical Center.

Don't know whether you heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brook Army Medical Center , in San Antonio , Texas, [[BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers who have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the United States , especially burn victims. There are some buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot.

The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it. The question is - why do:

Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise and other Hollywood fluff make front page news with their ridiculous antics and Denzel Washington's Patriotism doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the Local newspaper in San Antonio .

A true American and friend to all in uniform.

Picture of Denzel to go with the above post.

It's always great to see someone famous giving back,to see and-actor-athlete think of others is always heartwarming i'm not surprised by denzel's thoughtfulness he's one of the real people in movieland a great actor and a great human being.

this is a great story of somebody giving something back.
    i think some of these celebs think supporting troops,airmen and sailors is supporting war[[s).when in fact these people have no choice in where they go once they sign on.
    when they get injured in the service of their country they should be rewarded/rehabilitated to the best of that country's ability.a debt is a debt and we in the UK and in the US owe them.
    i'm ex service,didnt have to fight.nobody owes me.but there are some horror stories of veterans [[vietnam)being left to fend for them selves,post traumatic stress and gulf syndrome UK and US. [[gulf war1 and 2) and amputees and widows being let down [[afganistan)
    we have remembrance sunday,closest to 11th [[uk and commonwealth) november,poppy day, give what you can,nothing gets wasted.i think you have a vets day in US?
    Last edited by tamla617; 10-24-2010 at 10:50 AM.

They have Memorial Day, I think; but I don't think it's in November. In Canada, it is always November 11 and called Remembrance Day and is a holiday.

That post above was sent to me "as is" with more pictures; I didn't add anything to it.

hi jobeterob - What a nice thread - It made me remember someting which I thought I would share - when Michael Jackson was in new Zealand in 96 he privatley visited the childrens Starship hospital and wrote a cheque there on the spot for a new wing -Im talking millions - he just did it,no publicity I only know about it because I met someone on the hospital board who told me..My nephew died in that hospital I put two dollars as a cover charge on the door of one of my dj gigs I got 900 plus people thru the door and raised two grand for starship hospital,not huge but I tried to do my bit so this thread has started my day feeling good cheers

That was a good article MadLad. I loved the last line or two............about Will Smith.

The article highlights one of the problems with the Internet and the movement of distorted news.

Denzel Washington sounds like a very good man.

topdiva1 Guest
    You are so right - something like this should have been ALL OVER THE NEWS for days - it is a shame we have to hear nightly programs on stars and rehab and cheating and other crap and NEVER nothing like this.

Thanks for posting - let us all start to spread this story around.