[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Reid, Inc.

Reid, Inc.

CD [[Item 660812) TK/Clinck [[Japan), 1977 — Condition: New Copy
    An obscure female soul project from 70s-era TK Records – one that features production by Clarence Reid, hence the group's name! The groove here is very much in the best Miami club mode of the time – upbeat, but still nicely gritty overall – more fast funk in the instrumentation, with slight touches of strings – and vocals from the quartet that slide nicely into the rhythms, which themselves bear plenty of TK touches! The whole thing's got a feel that's a lot better than you might guess from the cover – kind of a rougher take on the Gwen McCrae vibe of the time, almost set loose to do things with a more relaxed approach overall. And the vocals are surprisingly strong at points too – with one singer coming to the forefront with a deeper soul mode than you might expect. Titles include "I'll Be Damned If It's Me", "What Am I Gonna Do", "Push Me Back In The Corner", "More Of A Woman", "That's How It Is When You Are In Love", "New York City", and "This Time Tomorrow".
    I bought this CD several years ago. Could never find out anything on the group. Don't know if it was a real group or a studio put-together group. Whatever, it's a pretty good CD.
    Last edited by blueskies; 07-02-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Wink

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 07-02-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks for that info, Mike. Looks like purchasing from the Henry Stone site is the best deal. What caught my attention was from the 2009 posting....I don't think any of those folks post on here anymore? Still wonder about the group.

Blueskies,

definitely obscure. BOLD 304 is the record issue...... but it has no entry against that number in this discography of Bold Records......

http://www.bsnpubs.com/florida/bold/bold.html

So obscure I never heard of them. Just because they were a girl's group doesn't mean they weregood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    So obscure I never heard of them. Just because they were a girl's group doesn't mean they weregood.
    Where in the hell did that come from? I just stated I thought it was a good CD. Don't think I deserved that?

I did not direct anything at anyone personally. I just stated what I thought.
    I never heard of them. Dusty Groove even used the term obscure in its description of this record and group.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 07-02-2013 at 07:21 PM.

The Reid. Inc album is now on Spotify

You can listen to it on youtube just put in Reid, Inc. I don't recall any of the songs from radio back then.

I have this album that someone transferred to cd and gave to me about 15 years ago. I haven't listened to the entire thing in forever but I remember being unimpressed with most of it. However, I do somewhat often play "What Am I Gonna Do" and "More of A Woman", the latter of which I believe is the superior cut from the entire album.

here they are Donna Summering Aretha's RESPECT