[REMOVE ADS]

Recommend Your Fav Artist Best Work to SD

What is it about your favorite artist you would like us to know or share with SD....Everyone around here has diverse and interesting artist you follow.......Of course mines is AB..This particular clip shows her sass and class....What makes your fav artist so special

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    What is it about your favorite artist you would like us to know or share with SD....Everyone around here has diverse and interesting artist you follow.......Of course mines is AB..This particular clip shows her sass and class....What makes your fav artist so special

I don't like telling other people to like what I like.

Motown_M_1056 Remember now this isnt the Motown threads i dont wanna fight.I simply said recommend a performance by your favorite artist we may like.Therefore I can enjoy what you enjoy........ hopefully

Motown_M_1056 if you don't like telling other people to like what you like, you should also not be telling other people to not like what you don't like.

abfan this is a nice performance, and a great band that backs her up. I appreciate that you share your favorite of Anita.
    I don't really have a favorite artists so i go with my present feeling. I feel like Angela Winbush today and this is one of my favorite duets. Hope you'll like it.

The Caravans.If this doesn't move you,call the undertaker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grhSDk6eKxo

This Aretha remix is a fav of mines

t
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie View Post
    Motown_M_1056 if you don't like telling other people to like what you like, you should also not be telling other people to not like what you don't like.

abfan this is a nice performance, and a great band that backs her up. I appreciate that you share your favorite of Anita.
    I don't really have a favorite artists so i go with my present feeling. I feel like Angela Winbush today and this is one of my favorite duets. Hope you'll like it.

Enjoying or listening to music is a personal experience to me that's why I don't tell others to like what I like. Most people are intelligent, let them discover what they like or don't like on their own. I don't believe I should lead people by the hand or nose and tell them to like something just because I like it.
    It's nice to find out that others might like the same music or artist that you do, but I don't dictate or recommend that others like what I like, because it's a personal thing to me, period. I don't listen to music with other people. No two people are going to have the same emotional reaction to the same music or singer. I listen to music by myself and I buy what I like. That's perfectly logical to me. I realize that everybody is not me and I'm not like everybody else.
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 10-20-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Everything is cool Motown_M_1056.
    Lot's of threads are based on the intention to share musical taste and other information.
    I personally learned a lot from reading some threads where SD members shared personal favorites.
    We have some very tasteful members here, with great musical taste and knowledge.
    But if someone don't like to listen to music with others, then he's probably in the wrong thread.

Motown_M_1056 dear you may be on the wrong thread.You dont seem to be into anything... [[sharing listening viewing). No where does it say lead or pursaude members to like anything...I've been here for years and I dont think I have changed anyone's mind on Anita...geesh....very simple

Quote Originally Posted by ollie View Post
    Everything is cool Motown_M_1056.
    Lot's of threads are based on the intention to share musical taste and other information.
    I personally learned a lot from reading some threads where SD members shared personal favorites.
    We have some very tasteful members here, with great musical taste and knowledge.
    But if someone don't like to listen to music with others, then he's probably in the wrong thread.
    The way technology and electronics are designed today...music playing equipment is designed to make music listening a personal experience. You have your own Ipod, your own headset, etc. to listen to what you want to. I don't listen to music with others. And, yes, I might get suggestions or learn about some artist or music from others, but I still make up my own mind whether Ii like something or not. I can't share my favorites with others because they might not like what I like. Listening to music, reading a book, watching a film are things I enjoy personally. I don't think everyone has to like what I like nor do need to provide sound clips or videos of what I like. It's that simple.
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 10-20-2010 at 02:28 PM.

I can't share my favorite simply because there are too many! And, a lot of the music I like falls out of the scope of this forum, like pop/rock.

I don't like linking youtube vids because I don't experience music visually.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I can't share my favorite simply because there are too many! And, a lot of the music I like falls out of the scope of this forum, like pop/rock.

Well put Soulster. I knew I was not the only one who felt the way I do.
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I never said people should not have favorites, I said it was hard for ME to list my own because I like so many different things, genres of music and artists and everyone does not like or should like what I like.

I understand your point about YouTube links too. I don't like using links because some contain viruses and might harm someone else's computer.

Kind of like The jukebox..just sharing good music I might otherwise overlook...also you dont have to link a youtube video ...you can just suggest a song.Anyway to those that want to enjoy here's another 1

Soulster this is just for you.JUST A AUDIO VERSION....

So u dont need visual

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    t

Enjoying or listening to music is a personal experience to me that's why I don't tell others to like what I like. Most people are intelligent, let them discover what they like or don't like on their own. I don't believe I should lead people by the hand or nose and tell them to like something just because I like it.
    It's nice to find out that others might like the same music or artist that you do, but I don't dictate or recommend that others like what I like, because it's a personal thing to me, period. I don't listen to music with other people. No two people are going to have the same emotional reaction to the same music or singer. I listen to music by myself and I buy what I like. That's perfectly logical to me. I realize that everybody is not me and I'm not like everybody else.
    You only listen to music by yourself? You never even go out to hear live music?

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post

A lot of youtube music clips just have a stilll picture or a caption as the song plays. And you can always just jack up the speaker and walk away from your computer if you don't want to watch a video.

mikey that's a funny song kind of like betty wright.......down home blues....
    Last edited by abfan; 10-21-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Great song. Reminds me of "Mr. Fix It Man" by Sisters Love.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6dYSl7qSPY
    Last edited by blueskies; 10-21-2010 at 08:58 AM.

Hey blueskies I always liked Angel... that was the 1st AB song that got me hooked

Another classic.History in the making....The king and Queen

Hey blueskies I always liked Angel... that was the 1st AB song that got me hooked
    Oh yes, me too! When I first heard "Angel" I fell in love with Anita. No one out there sounded like Anita. She put her stamp on that song for me. NO ONE could sing "Angel" like Anita!

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    You only listen to music by yourself? You never even go out to hear live music?

Like I said, listening to music is a personal thing to me. It's something I do alone for my own enjoyment. I do not go out to hear live music. Most of my truly favorite singers are dead. They aren't appearing anywhere and I used to attend concerts for a living. I don't do it anymore because it got boring and because it was my job. There's nobody Ii want to see in person that badly anymore.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    Like I said, listening to music is a personal thing to me. It's something I do alone for my own enjoyment. I do not go out to hear live music. Most of my truly favorite singers are dead. They aren't appearing anywhere and I used to attend concerts for a living. I don't do it anymore because it got boring and because it was my job. There's nobody Ii want to see in person that badly anymore.
    I can understand concert overdose, it happens to me and it's time for a break. But fwiw, you should seek out new music, new artists, or try out some other genres and not just listen to music of the past.

blueskies I found something just 4 u

One piece of music I use as a warm up track when Im djing is by an Australian band called Icehouse the song is called "Great Southern Land"..I only mention it because people come up to me when Im playing and ask what it is..its 80s atmospheric synth at its best....

Look at Anita showing out! She is something else. Thanks Abfan.

Motown_M_1056 Remember now this isnt the Motown threads i dont wanna fight.I simply said recommend a performance by your favorite artist we may like.Therefore I can enjoy what you enjoy........ hopefully
    Abfan, I think this is a good thread. I can't count how many good songs I've discovered by looking at someone else's likes and reccommendations. This is one I've always loved... and the video is wicked cool, too:

And this never appeared on record, but one of my fave groups of all time, Telma and Joyce throwin it down:

Last edited by jillfoster; 10-22-2010 at 01:20 AM.

blueskies I found something just 4 u

OMG......abfan.....you made my day! Thank you thank you!!!

Red face

jillfoster see u have the right idea.....And m watching ur videos now.real simple right

blueskies lol. I knew you would enjoy it

I got to say, that impromptu Antia performance was impressive and damn lovely. As far as soul ballads go, this is definately in my top 5... I don't know whatever happened to this group, but this is so beautiful it brings a tear to your eye:

Hey Jillf.indeed I've heard this b4....just never knew who sung it....Im more into live performances.I love the energy

here is Rachelle Ferrell and Ledisi Having a lil fun

And do you know I never knew some one did You Bring me Joy before Anita in 1980.Its pretty good