[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Wonder clip "I Don't Know Why I Love You"

Just when I thought I was going to post that I like The Jackson 5 version better, I hear this. Wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d48n...eal_rn-1r-4-HM

Fabulous version. One sign of a truly great artist is how they sound live and this clip answers any questions rather clearly. Awesome stuff.

This is one of Stevie's best, showing that he had matured into an amazing singer. It reached #14 in the UK.

PS. Shouldn't this in be in the Motown forum?

I don't post much in the Motown forum. This forum works but if you want a repeat over there, I can post it there, too.

* Tune should've been a lot higher than No. 14 and higher than what it was in the states, too, in my opinion. It's a classic.

I have always loved this song. I would play this along with "You" and "Chained" by Marvin Gaye in my love struck days. Jill Scott and The Brand New Heavies do great covers of "I Don't Know Why". I like The Jackson 5's version but a kid singing a love song don't move me as well. What a kid he was though.

Candykool, I second that Emotion. This composition by Stevie made me stop referring to him as Little Stevie Wonder. One of my all time favorites ! I wore this 45 out......

Good points, Stevie's version is a bit better than Michael's, and I have the Brand New Heavies version on CD, too, it's outstanding. I think that it's just such a good song it's hard to ruin. Stevie's is tops. I haven't checked the liner notes, I'm assuming he wrote it, right?

It was written by Stevie Wonder, Paul Riser, Don Hunter, Lula Hardaway.

Good clip i'm surprised i haven't seen it til now...darn hooch!!

An amazing song and performance!

The backing track sounds much more powerful than the stereo versions of the song on various compilation albums. I guess it must be the mono mix which I have never heard before. Need to track this version down!

this was a b side track uk tmg.i think it was my cherie amour.
    its raw soul, breathless,brilliant! its one of his and motown's best imo.