[REMOVE ADS]

MOTOWM THE MUSICAL,The Original Cast Album,Brandon Victor Dixon is a GREAT singer

Yes I went to the premiere of Motown The Musical,and LOVED it,now i'm in love all over again,the original cast cd is really good,but the best song on the cd is the original song Can I Close The Door[[On Love),Brandon Victor Dixon sang his you know what off,he get's a standing ovation every night he sings it in the show,i think it should be released as a single,i can't stop playing it,don't get me wrong I like the whole cd,but Brandon Victor Dixon's Can I Close The Door[[On Love)wow,this song has all kinds of feelings and emotions in it,THE BEST. Please stay positive

Has anyone here ever seen Brandon Victor Dixon do a show solo,just singing, if so,how was it?Please stay positive

The first time and even now , that I played the song on the cd I bawled my eyes out . It just really hit a spot . I fb'd Andy and suggested that either Kem or even Sam Harris get this song out quick as a single . Not to lose any momentum and also tio have the Motown connection .I JUST LOVE THIS song . Hands up to B.G - this song proves that he still has the writing power [[ with Michael Lovesmith )

Mr. Dixon was also in the original Broadway cast of The Color Purple, playing Harpo. He has a couple of good tracks on that cd as well. Extremely talented man.

No one can touch Brandon Victor Dixon singing Can I Close The Door[[On Love),I just hope the world get's the chance to hear him sang it,yes Thommg,Extremely Talented Man,Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    No one can touch Brandon Victor Dixon singing Can I Close The Door[[On Love),I just hope the world get's the chance to hear him sang it,yes Thommg,Extremely Talented Man,Please stay positive
    It looks like quite a few people are hearing him sing it - LIVE! The Broadway show just broke its own box office record.

http://www.boneaubryanbrown.com/blog...broadway-ever/

Thanks Thommg for the info,that's GREAT NEWS,who cares about the TONYS, Motown The Musical is breakin' records lol Please stay positive

Any New Yorkers out there, come see Brandon - along with Valisia LeKae [[Miss Ross), Ryan Shaw [[Stevie Wonder) and Raymond Luke, Jr. [[Michael Jackson) - perform songs from the show at the Apple Store in SoHo on Prince Street, this afternoon starting at 5 PM. I will be hosting.

Scroll down to end:
    http://www.apple.com/retail/blackmusicmonthlive/

In Canada, but would have gone down to thank you personally for the music you brought Motown fans. Did see MTM in May and it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    Any New Yorkers out there, come see Brandon - along with Valisia LeKae [[Miss Ross), Ryan Shaw [[Stevie Wonder) and Raymond Luke, Jr. [[Michael Jackson) - perform songs from the show at the Apple Store in SoHo on Prince Street, this afternoon starting at 5 PM. I will be hosting.

Scroll down to end:
    http://www.apple.com/retail/blackmusicmonthlive/
    I'll still be tied to my desk uptown when you start, Harry. Wish I could be there to cheer everyone on. They do the Motown sound proud!

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    For those who couldn't make it, some photos from the event - including one of Harry!

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Pho...Store-20130628

Great info,thanks everyone for sharing

I will be attending the show September 25th. Looking forward to it.

I can't wait until the show starts on tour, would love to see it!

The cast did a medley on the PBS July 4th Concert tonight. The Diana Ross singer was great, no doubt about it. Looked and sounded like her. The Temptations didn't sound like the Tempts and the Vandellas didn't sound anything like the Vandellas, though.

They are obviously very talented, but one thing I didn't like. I found the use of some of the classic songs turned into duets between Gordy and Ross [[in the medley it was "Get Ready") more than a little creepy...! I don't want to think about Berry and Diane when I hear those songs!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    The cast did a medley on the PBS July 4th Concert tonight. The Diana Ross singer was great, no doubt about it. Looked and sounded like her. The Temptations didn't sound like the Tempts and the Vandellas didn't sound anything like the Vandellas, though.
    I missed it. It did not know that it would have Broadway performances until I read an article this morning about it [[posted below)

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    They are obviously very talented, but one thing I didn't like. I found the use of some of the classic songs turned into duets between Gordy and Ross [[in the medley it was "Get Ready") more than a little creepy...! I don't want to think about Berry and Diane when I hear those songs!
    They are not creepy in the context of the show.

Very nice article on Brandon Victor Dixon . http://broadwayworld.com/article/InD...-More-20130704

I enjoyed readin' this,i'm looking forward to Brandon Victor Dixon album.Please stay positive