[REMOVE ADS]

Soul Jam Motown and R&B Reissues

http://www.systemrecords.co.uk/advan...urers_id=24350

Needle drops from vinyl sources of out of European copyright material I assume????

Any feedback from members on these?

Probsably not the best sound if there are not from original masters held in the label's vaults....the Motown stuff has already been released in legitimate versions.

Quote Originally Posted by 762rob View Post
    http://www.systemrecords.co.uk/advan...urers_id=24350

Needle drops from vinyl sources of out of European copyright material I assume????

Any feedback from members on these?

Probsably not the best sound if there are not from original masters held
    legitimate versions.

Wells, Mary - Bye, Bye Baby, I Don't Want to take a Chance + bonus tracks - CD

bonus Tracks
    11 I’ve Got A Story 2:48
    12 Strange Love 2:43
    13 The One Who Really Loves You 2:30
    14 She Don’t Love You 2:33
    15 [[you Can) Depend On Me 2:56
    16 Operator 2:49
    17 The Day Will Come 2:10
    18 You Beat Me To The Punch 2:46
    19 When Your Lover Comes Back 2:33
    20 Old Love [[let’s Try It Again) 2:47

Looking at the Mary Well's bonus track listing, It's evident that tracks #11 and 19 are not from a needle-drop as they were first released in 1993 on cd and cassette and not on vinyl.
    I wonder if this constitutes a copyright infringement as those songs might not fit the copyright domain even in Europe.

Carole is right. These are not needle drops and the sound is better than you would think.

And Carole is right about tracks 11 and 19. This is a bootleg CD.

Of coutse it's a bootleg from the UK where many pre 1964 recordings are being bootlegged. But these are really high quality for boots. I've never seen a boot put together as well as this disc, much better than discs produced by Hallmark.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 06-21-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    And Carole is right about tracks 11 and 19. This is a bootleg CD.
    I just noticed that I forgot to include #15 as a vaulted track only released in 1993. In Europe is copyright based on year recorded or year released?
    But whatever the case, these bootleggers most likely reproduced/copied the 1993 versions either from cassette or cd as I doubt that acetates were available for all 3 songs.

CDs using 'Public Domain' recordings are not bootlegs. They are completely legal. At present in Europe any recording made on or before December 31st 1962 has fallen 'out of copyright' and - as I understand it - can be used without getting permission from the originating artiste/record company. However the CD producer still has to pay other licensing costs, for example paying the songwriter. Up until now the European copyright law gave protection on a recording for 50 years. This is now about to be extended to 70 years and this extension is likely to take effect in November. Bootleggers don't pay anything and produce illegal CDs. Public Domain CDs may be considered 'dubious' in a moral sense by some people, but the facts are that they are produced within the law and payments are made accordingly like any other CD apart from for the recording.