[REMOVE ADS]

Frederick Knight - i've been lonely for so long

Just been playing my [[UK) 45 of this, and notice that the single mix is different to the versions i've come accross on cd [[at least the UK mix is - I don't have the US 45) - not significantly so, but some subtle differences with the guitar more prominent on the cd.

Does anyone know if the original 45 mix is available on a cd, and which one?

thanks

Apparently the late Oli Woodson played drums on this cut.

This is the template for Larry Grahams intro track on the first GCS album. It bugged the shii out of me for the longest time back then ,because I knew I heard somthing like it somewhere before. Larry worked the hell out of it for his intro int the world as GCS and it was respectfully done. I finally got a copy of the original track on an old vinyl Stax compilation LP. It shows that there was old school influence in the sound of GCS and Sly and The Family Stone ,other than and in addition to J.B.