[REMOVE ADS]

Diana's is now Mary's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45BHr...eature=related

Could this be an example of Mary inheriting Diana's costume?

It's been well documented that after Diana left the Supremes and Jean joined, all of Mary's gowns went to Jean and all of Diana's gowns went to Mary. [[This must show how skinny Mary was?)

I LOVE this clip, but never cared for the fact that Mary is in green while Jean and Cindy are in blue. Jean should have been in the green, or in the very least, Mary should have been in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    It's been well documented that after Diana left the Supremes and Jean joined, all of Mary's gowns went to Jean and all of Diana's gowns went to Mary. [[This must show how skinny Mary was?)

I LOVE this clip, but never cared for the fact that Mary is in green while Jean and Cindy are in blue. Jean should have been in the green, or in the very least, Mary should have been in the middle.
    I agree....at least put Mary in the middle to 'balance the colors'! Actually, they should have spent a couple of bucks and altered the green so Jean could have gotten into it. Most of the other gowns/costumes were the same, so it didn't matter. But this one is so obvious something is out of kilter.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post

Thank you - It has all been said before!!!!!!!!!!!

Great clip - thanks for sharing! All three ladies look and sound wonderful!

phyl Guest
    thats just gerat mary jean and cindy were supreem and its a dman shame we dont have those good groupw liek that anymore we nened to get bakc to the day when stars liek the suprmees and smoekey robinsin were on tv enterating and showing it how it wass done.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    I agree....at least put Mary in the middle to 'balance the colors'! Actually, they should have spent a couple of bucks and altered the green so Jean could have gotten into it. Most of the other gowns/costumes were the same, so it didn't matter. But this one is so obvious something is out of kilter.
    There is a new gown that Jean, Lynda and Mary wore where Jean had purple up top and Mary and Lynda were pink. It was a beautiful gown but, I didn't like the look on them because they were suppose to be back to more of a group and this separated them again as a lead with two background singers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29B4o...eature=related
    Last edited by captainjames; 10-19-2010 at 07:45 PM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Motown was just being cheap - Diana got all new gowns - The New Supremes should have not stood for less from the beginning.

There were some gowns that Diana continue to wear that she wore as a Supreme like the one from the back of her first LP looks identical to the one that was worn on the Hollywood Palace whereas Cindy and Mary wore black.