[REMOVE ADS]

Jackie Wilson Question

Hello, I was just wondering if there has ever been a C.D. release that included ALL of Jackie Wilson's Brunswick singles A & B sides? If not I hope we will one day see such a release.

Quote Originally Posted by tlg30 View Post
    Hello, I was just wondering if there has ever been a C.D. release that included ALL of Jackie Wilson's Brunswick singles A & B sides? If not I hope we will one day see such a release.
    I am unaware of any C. D. including All of his Brunswick singles. In case you are under the impression he had a limited number of releases, think again. He has at least 69 documented Brunswick singles equaling 138 A/B sides. This would be a massive C. D. to get these all onto one C. D. Personally, I doubt there is that much demand for his Brunswick singles. Check out the Ace/Kent releases as they have a decent representation of Jackie Wilson songs released.

YOU MIGHT also WANT TO check out a British reissue company called Jasmine. It releases music in the public domain in the UK and I believe there is a JACKIE WILSON release of A&B sides from 1953 to 1958. It's not all of his A&B sides, but it's a start.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 05-03-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Because I knew Jackie I collected about 40 CD releases and the boxed set "The Titan of Soul" plus still have some of his vynal albums. Of course, all the Dominoes material too. One of my BFF's who was his girlfriend for 9 years has all his vynal given to her when Jackie told his manager to give her all the albums at the office. They were first introduced by Roxie Roker. They first met when she was 14 years old when Roxie took her to a show backstage after she asked my BFF what she would like as a gift. She is now 68 years old so she has quite a collection of vynal from him, plus video clips, photo's etcetra..........

Kamasu, do you have a link to that company? If they are starting with 1953 they must also have the records he released on Dizzy Gillespy's label Dee Gee under his family call name Sonny [[Sonny Wilson).

Photo I took circa 1967 at the Brooklyn Paramount ~

Name:  Jackie Wilson best 1.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  38.2 KB

S.S.

Soul Sister, here's the link to the CD I mentioned. You can Google Jasmine. They have a website. http://www.amazon.com/Here-Comes-Jac...=jackie+wilson

Thanks Kam.
    I just checked it out, I believe I already have all those songs.

S.S.

See, that's why I'm glad Soul Sister is back. I'm just so nosey and love her stories. LOL

LOL@Nosey! Thanks Nosey, I missed you too!!

S.S.