[REMOVE ADS]

2 Years Ago - Remembering Barbara Gilliam of The Fuzz

I was going through some files, when I remembered that 2 years ago this week, we lost Barbara Gilliam of The Fuzz. Barbara is center in the photo below:

Name:  Fuzz.jpg
Views: 4671
Size:  37.5 KB

I just wanted to remember Barbara who along with Sheila & Val will always hold a special place in my heart. It's hard to believe that 2 years have passed.

Barbara Gilliam - R.I.P.

R.i.p.

Juice my Brother, you know how i feel about The Fuzz. May Barbara continue to R.I.P

Hi this is Kev-Lo

The Fuzz was a great female trio, Although they did 'nt make too many recordings they still rank with up there with other females groups. R.I.P Barbara

Thanks for this thread. Their one and only album has always been a huge favorite of mine. There is not bad song on it and I'm still waiting on a CD version. I wish they had gone on to make more recordings but God's will be done and I thank God for what they were able to do as I appreciated it very much.

GeeTee, SoleMann, Kev & Mr. June, I know where you guys stand where these ladies are concerned & it's good to know that they have many supporters here.

I believe that they should've had extremely successful careers. These girls had the sound & I would've loved to see what they would've accomplished had people handled them & their careers differently. From time to time I've wondered exactly what we've lost musically, that they could've given us.

Sadly, we never got to find out & there's something unfair about that.

Juice,

Thanks for starting this thread.

Marc

Marc,

It's definitely my pleasure. I'm in Oriental, N.C. with ZERO cell phone service & extremely limited internet connectivity, so, I hope that this message gets through.

You know how we both feel about The Fuzz & losing Squirrel, Ron, Ollie & then Al, reminded me that it's been 2 years since we lost Barbara. I said then that I'd never let her passing go unnoticed & I'm just trying to keep my promise.

Thank you for the acknowledgement

Definitely keep it on your calendar as a reminder for all of us Fuzz fans. I wish someone would try to get a story from Val and Sheila. I sure like to know more about them then and now.