[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Nightflight" Tue Oct 12, 9P-12M ET: A "Nightflight" Celebration of.................

Attachment 1503

Tonight...on "Nightflight"! We are celebrating, in Provincetown, WOMEN'S Week. So I thought that I would play 3 hours of the great female singers of the past 80 years...and this includes our great Motown Ladies. I'm going to try to play one song per songstress...so that will be quite a few different, remarkable female artists. So...join me tonight....your bound to hear someone you like! On "Nightflight" tonight....on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown/WFMR 91.3 Orleans and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org

Thanks!
    John

Looking forward to one track each of Mama Cass [[Make Your Own Kind Of Music?), Barbara Lewis [[Thankful For What I've Got?), and Hone Cone [[Sittin' On A Timebomb...?). And please, no Laura Nyro unless you provide a head's up. Fred the wonder dog will be listening.

Thanks,
    Jim

Now, Jim....you KNOW I must play at least one Laura track....but it will be a non-screaching one.

Cool sounds like a fun show JP! I hope to be here on time this week.

Johnny... great theme. I will be taping tonite. Probably get a chance to listen to portions live. This mite seem a strange request from me, but the Bangles' Eternal Flame is a quiet emotional firestorm to me. Of course that's a request only if you have it available. I'm sure our usual favorites will be included... that's a GOOD thing.

Maybe a rarer, but still recognized gem from Gladys would be great. Nina Simone has several great selections to choose from including the soulful "I Put A Spell On You". Ditto for Dionne. Can't forget the Motor City's Martha & her ladies! Valerie Simpson offers great solo selections from her Motown days including her hit "Silly Wasn't I". Another hard to find deeply emotional selection is the Marvelettes' "Tie A String Around Your Finger". Another surprisingly [[to many) soulful performance is Patsy Cline's "Crazy", "I Fall To Pieces" and actually many choices by her.

Okay, I guess that better be enough suggestions, cause the more I type, the more keep coming to mind! PS... I FOUND that lost item today! I knew it was somewhere safe lol. Have another great show.

Three hours of female vocalists! Music heaven! You know how much I love my girls, John! One each of Ella, Billie, Sarah, Rosemary, Judy, Dinah, LaVerne, Etta, Peggy, Julie, Brenda, Lesley, Connie, Aretha, Dusty, Diana, Nina, Tina, Carly, Carole, Laura, Dolly, Patsy, Kitty, Tammy, Janis, Gladys, Donna, Whitney, Cyndi, Cher, Brenda, Kim, Mary, Tammi, Valerie, Carla, Patti, Lena, Eartha. . .and on and on and get with the gettin'! Great idea John! Looking forward to The Girls, here. Here on WOMR streaming live, worldwide in digital stereo!

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    Cool sounds like a fun show JP! I hope to be here on time this week.
    Hey Tone! See ya later!

Quote Originally Posted by positivesoul View Post
    Johnny... great theme. I will be taping tonite. Probably get a chance to listen to portions live. This mite seem a strange request from me, but the Bangles' Eternal Flame is a quiet emotional firestorm to me. Of course that's a request only if you have it available. I'm sure our usual favorites will be included... that's a GOOD thing.

Maybe a rarer, but still recognized gem from Gladys would be great. Nina Simone has several great selections to choose from including the soulful "I Put A Spell On You". Ditto for Dionne. Can't forget the Motor City's Martha & her ladies! Valerie Simpson offers great solo selections from her Motown days including her hit "Silly Wasn't I". Another hard to find deeply emotional selection is the Marvelettes' "Tie A String Around Your Finger". Another surprisingly [[to many) soulful performance is Patsy Cline's "Crazy", "I Fall To Pieces" and actually many choices by her.

Okay, I guess that better be enough suggestions, cause the more I type, the more keep coming to mind! PS... I FOUND that lost item today! I knew it was somewhere safe lol. Have another great show.
    Positivesoul....you'll be missed...hope you enjoy the playback...and thanks for the suggestions....

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Three hours of female vocalists! Music heaven! You know how much I love my girls, John! One each of Ella, Billie, Sarah, Rosemary, Judy, Dinah, LaVerne, Etta, Peggy, Julie, Brenda, Lesley, Connie, Aretha, Dusty, Diana, Nina, Tina, Carly, Carole, Laura, Dolly, Patsy, Kitty, Tammy, Janis, Gladys, Donna, Whitney, Cyndi, Cher, Brenda, Kim, Mary, Tammi, Valerie, Carla, Patti, Lena, Eartha. . .and on and on and get with the gettin'! Great idea John! Looking forward to The Girls, here. Here on WOMR streaming live, worldwide in digital stereo!
    Joseph.....all such great ladies....I LOVE that you reminded me to play something by Donna Loren [[*wink)!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Joseph.....all such great ladies....I LOVE that you reminded me to play something by Donna Loren [[*wink)!
    Who else could I have been possibly thinking of when I said Donna!? lol

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....I love the ideas...sugestions. It never occurred to me that I would open up such a Pandora's box of possibilities! Oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......

Hi John,
    Sounds like a good show. I'll be listening.

I did use my copy of the Rhino 5CD box set "Respect: A Century Of Women In Music" as a reference:-)

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    Hi John,
    Sounds like a good show. I'll be listening.
    Great, MotownSteve!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I did use my copy of the Rhino 5CD box set "Respect: A Century Of Women In Music" as a reference:-)

Oh my GOD! Sabotage!!!

It's not sabotage, it's 'sabatoogee" - if you like The Three Stooges, and I do. Curly is my favorite and he was fond of using that word.

I gotta work tonight and have been having trouble with Itunes so I haven't been able to tune in.

Play Dream A Little Dream of Me by Cass and Til I Get it Right by Tammy Wynette.

So, what's happening with all the swearing and craziness on the Forum? It's making us insane regulars sound normal.

I'm reading Tammy Wynette's biography and it is interesting to hear them talk about Bessemer, Alabama and tell how Tammy got the name Tammy [[ second husband got it from Debby Reynolds and the Tammy movie or movies; her real name was Wynette Pugh). Thirdly, they talk about the funeral of her first husband; Tammy was not on good terms with the family. She attended the funeral anyway; swept in down the aisle; the place went totally quiet and you could hear a pin drop; and she went right to the front to be with the "family".

Haven't we heard all this before?

Anyway, have a good night and catch you soon if I can hook up again.

Donna Loren's "It Only Hurts When I Cry": One of my all-time favorite recordings.

My favorite Tammy Wynette tracks are "Til I Can Make It On My Own" and "Crying In The Rain."

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I gotta work tonight and have been having trouble with Itunes so I haven't been able to tune in.

Play Dream A Little Dream of Me by Cass and Til I Get it Right by Tammy Wynette.

So, what's happening with all the swearing and craziness on the Forum? It's making us insane regulars sound normal.

I'm reading Tammy Wynette's biography and it is interesting to hear them talk about Bessemer, Alabama and tell how Tammy got the name Tammy [[ second husband got it from Debby Reynolds and the Tammy movie or movies; her real name was Wynette Pugh). Thirdly, they talk about the funeral of her first husband; Tammy was not on good terms with the family. She attended the funeral anyway; swept in down the aisle; the place went totally quiet and you could hear a pin drop; and she went right to the front to be with the "family".

Haven't we heard all this before?

Anyway, have a good night and catch you soon if I can hook up again.
    Thanks, Rob....come back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBagley View Post
    Donna Loren's "It Only Hurts When I Cry": One of my all-time favorite recordings.

My favorite Tammy Wynette tracks are "Til I Can Make It On My Own" and "Crying In The Rain."
    Hey there, Jim!

Hello again, guys....in the studio...

Hi John,
    Going to sit back, listen, and relax.
    Motown Steve

Sounds perfect, Motown Steve.....

Jackie Ross, take me away.

"I Don't Want To Hear It Anymore" a song that I always want to hear! Thanks Johnny.

Glad you are liking them guys.....me too...

Hey John,
    Any chance for Jackie Trent and/or Sandie Shaw?

Wow SD finally let me log in lol

Great show so far JP!

Glald you got in Tone! I was just going to let the folks know you were having trouble getting in! You can't keep a good man down [[or out):-)

Thanks Soph you know I had to keep on trying until it happened. actually I think it was a ploy by you and the admin. to keep me on the phone and let the 15 mins go by without trying to log in again too soon. lol just playing my friend

OMG Thank you sooo much for choosing this TINA track JP.
    I love it!

Busted! You're on to us! LOL!

Tonyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....welcome!

Great to be here... and great beginning!!!

Thank you Johhhhhhhhhnnnnnn.....

Speaking of Lulu, Oh Me Oh My is my favorite, tho "If I Were You" and "To Sir..." are tied closely behind at #2! Gotta mention Dinah & Aretha. Of course it's Old News that Tammi's my all-time favorite tho I enjoy SOOOOOoo many great ones.

ps.....positively great to see you!

Janis! Takes me back to my longhair and bell bottoms. Janis was something else, I feel fortunate to have seen her perform live [[three times).

Thank you for my hometown girl Brenda and her Tabulations.

Thank you for my hometown girl Brenda and her Tabulations.
    You're welcome!

"One Girl Too Late" a fabulous song I some how missed the first time around and discovered many years later on Nightflight! What a find! Thanks John.

Tabulations may come and go, but you will never go wrong with Brenda Payton.

Thanks for not saying the A-word [[Anita) out loud.

How about equal time for "the Dr Pepper girl" Donna Loren and her "It Only Hurts When I Cry?"

How about equal time for "the Dr Pepper girl" Donna Loren and her "It Only Hurts When I Cry?"
    Okee Dokey!

Awesome choice from DIONNE

Thanks Johnny. Classic song from a classic film.

Donna Loren for Laura Nyro? Fair tradeoff. Thanks. And Fred is tucked away.

aww poor Fred

No worries. Fred is back!

Wow, loved the extended ending on Tammi!