[REMOVE ADS]

View Poll Results: do you like my sound?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love it

1 50.00%
  • Not really

1 50.00%

Thread: So Gone

Thumbs up So Gone

Hey guys, i'm new here and basically wanted to test the water with a track i've wrote and had produced.

It's called So Gone and you can hear it right here.

taken from my forthcoming EP called Life.Love.Dreams - promo clip here...

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-01-05 at 7.36.32 AM.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  18.1 KB

i dont wanna look like a spammer, and therefore would welcome any feedback you have to offer.

please leave me some feedback [[right here) after hearing the track, but make sure you like/share/join on my site IF you want to hear my future tracks as well.

many thanks
    Sean

thomas96 Guest
    I'm not so much into rap/hip hop but I think it's pretty good. I can't really give feedback because I don't know what makes a rap song good or not, but it sounds pretty good to me. Good luck with your career. One more thing, this board isn't really for rap music so maybe not the best place to look for feedback. There must be some rap boards out there that would be better for that. Regardless, welcome to the site!

Is that all there is?

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Is that all there is?
    Took me a while to figure out how to find it. You have to click where it says "right here" to find the song.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Took me a while to figure out how to find it. You have to click where it says "right here" to find the song.
    I have no hyperlink to it. It's just text.

OK, here's my opinion:

There's nothing unique about it. There's nothing there musically or vocally to keep my attention. The vocal itself is too loud, and the backing music is generic. Instead of the rap pulling you in, it just annoyingly rambles on. You think it's going to be a mellow R&B song when it starts out, but are then assaulted by this annoying rap. It just runs down all the things we already see on the news every day with no slant on it.

Maybe if you can find a way to make the rap personal, spice up the music, and turn down the vocal a bit, you might have something. You know what ear candy is? Put some unique musical bits in there. Break up the rapping into smaller bites. Make the track memorable.

Good luck.

Hey Sean,
    Welcome to the forum. I'm not much into Rap and Hip Hop but I wish you all the best with your productions. Keep us posted on your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    OK, here's my opinion:

There's nothing unique about it. There's nothing there musically or vocally to keep my attention. The vocal itself is too loud, and the backing music is generic. Instead of the rap pulling you in, it just annoyingly rambles on. You think it's going to be a mellow R&B song when it starts out, but are then assaulted by this annoying rap. It just runs down all the things we already see on the news every day with no slant on it.

Maybe if you can find a way to make the rap personal, spice up the music, and turn down the vocal a bit, you might have something. You know what ear candy is? Put some unique musical bits in there. Break up the rapping into smaller bites. Make the track memorable.

Good luck.
    Well stated. I cosign on this. I'm not much into rap, but there has to be something in any type of song that makes you want to listen to it AGAIN. I had no problem listening to it the first time to form an opinion, but in honesty, I wouldn't buy it or bootleg it because it didn't have "oomph", in my opinion. It's not to criticise the effort, but you have to try to do more than everyone else and it kind of sounded like Sean tried to be everyone else. We're all unique and we need to embrace that when/if we get the chance.

The funny thing is that what started out as a basically black urban sub-genre utilising a
    common technique in R&B is now a global "art form". Rap, now "hip-hop" is something I
    enjoyed in it's first, second, third and some of fourth generation. From the goofy bullsh*tting fun of The Sugarhill Gang, Kurtis Blow and The Fat Boys through to the hard
    hitting political commentary of Public Enemy up to the sheer inventiveness of The Jungle
    Brothers, A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul I dug the mess outta a lot of rap for many years. Still I consider it now a music I've mostly outgrown and most of what I hear today
    either annoys me [[Lil Wayne) or does absolutely nothing for me [[too many to name). Not only that but much of it sounds like the most ugly, ignorant, banal sh*t ever recorded. It's not even a case of one out there track on a cd release it's practically all of it. Why waste my
    time when there is so much other things that fit nicely in my ears...

Once in a while, someone comes up with a really good rap song. I don't have a problem with sexual content, which is now 99% of the rap I hear.

thomas96 Guest
    Now don't heckle me for this, but I have always liked DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince's raps. [[Will Smith) They're nice, humorous raps without the need for vulgarity that entertain me a lot of the time. Not my favorite music, but my favorite type of rap. Have also liked CL Smooth and Das Efx. Other than those not much rap has ever appealed to me and these are just okay every once in a while. Wouldn't mind hearing it on the radio now a days, though I probably wouldn't choose it over a lot of other material.

No knocks from me for anyone who liked Will Smith, he continued the fun vibe in hip hop
    and as someone who grew up with Funkadelic I could never say I was bothered by sexual
    content, it's just that most of these "acts" have nothing else to say. The sheer ignorance of
    for instance Lil Wayne's lyric "I beat that p***y up like Emment Till", I mean how do you even reference a tragedy in American racial history like that for your stupid booty track????
    What I hear from these cats tells me a lot about how they really think and behave and I don't
    want that sh*t around me or those I care about...

Wow. I heard that a sponsor dropped Lil Wayne for something that he said, but I never imagined something so ignorant. I can't even put into written words my level of disrespect for that sorry son of a b+tch.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    No knocks from me for anyone who liked Will Smith, he continued the fun vibe in hip hop
    and as someone who grew up with Funkadelic I could never say I was bothered by sexual
    content, it's just that most of these "acts" have nothing else to say. The sheer ignorance of
    for instance Lil Wayne's lyric "I beat that p***y up like Emment Till", I mean how do you even reference a tragedy in American racial history like that for your stupid booty track????
    What I hear from these cats tells me a lot about how they really think and behave and I don't
    want that sh*t around me or those I care about...
    I have no use for Lil Wuss...er...Wayne. That jack-ass clearly crossed the line with the Emmitt Till remark.