[REMOVE ADS]

R&B Hall of Fame Museum inducts the Marvelettes...

http://www.rbhalloffame.com/2013-hal...ame-inductees/ Im confused between this and the R and B Hall of Fame. Anyone explain?
    Last edited by luke; 04-20-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    http://www.rbhalloffame.com/2013-hal...ame-inductees/ Im confused between this and the R and B Hall of Fame. Anyone explain?
    I cannot explain, however, I would suggest that you post something like this on the Motown Forum as many more members will see it. I normally only look at the Motown Forum and it seems as though that is where it belongs since a lot of it involved Detroit and Motown artists.

Ballplayer Lamont "Showboat" Robinson started a new "R & B Hall of Fame". Jimmy is one of the first in the group of Inductees on June 30 in Cleveland, which there is a long list of Artists.
    I'm not sure what he is doing since he has about 100 inductees in the first group. He doesn't seem to be doing it like the "R & R Hall of Fame" or the "R & B Foundation" in which both legit organizations inducts about 6 - 10 acts at a time each year, so they can have them attend live to receive their award, the R & B Foundation includes a cash reward with their honors. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out because at this time there doesn't seem to be any organization with him or an assistant making arrangements with the Artist's. I don't see how at this point with about 100 inductees planned at once, even with some no longer living, this is going to work.
    He wants Jimmy to attend and sure Jimmy would love to go home to Cleveland to see his family at the same time but at age 88 he'll need his 'special need' arrangements to be made at least over a month in advance and that would be cutting it close with booking flights, and special ground transportation that has wheelchair access. So far no one has contacted the Artist's about any arrangements or plannned events as the date grows closer. [[???) Lol, so it's anyone's guess how this will come off at this point.

*** BTW woodward, this is not a motown thing, this includes all black singers/musicians/recognized Recording Artists.

S.S.
    Last edited by Soul Sister; 04-21-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Actually I think it has been narrowed down to about 36 inductees now. Still a large group for first ceremony on June 30th in Cleveland ~
    Name:  21022_507675565949044_1451780569_n.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  18.4 KB

S.S.

Thanks Sould Sister! There's a facebook page that only shows about 11 inductees and the Vandellas nominated for 2014, so confusing.

You're welcome, Luke,
    On Lamont's FB page there is a new post with all the inductees for the first year, this year on June 30, 2013.
    Total of about 35 Artists.

BTW, people are confusing this "brand new" R&B Hall of Fame with the "R & B Foundation" which does serious business to help Artist's financially. The "R & B Foundation" had their first group of Inductees in 1989 which was when Jimmy Scott & other pioneers were inducted for the very first time.

What we are talking about here is all "new".

S.S.
    Last edited by Soul Sister; 04-21-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Yes I understand that, though on the face book page it doesnt include the Vandellas and lists them as 2014 candidates.

WHAT?? WHAT??? This is the first I've heard of this and I LIVE here....

[[Note to self: Destroy "cave/large rock" immediately)

I think this is fabulous! And SS and Mr. Jimmy need to come by my house and say hello! I think I still have one of his albums from my mom's jazz collection in the closet...Been meanin' to look for it ever since I read about his HIStory....Seem to remember Mama and Daddy talking about him too when I was a kid back in the 60's...

Nice.....VERY nice.....Congrats!
    Last edited by GrtGzu; 04-23-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Thank you GrtGzu.
    Maybe we will see you at the ceremonies if we make it out to Cleveland.

S.S.

Finally the Marvelettes are getting in some kind of Hall of Fame.