[REMOVE ADS]

George Jackson has passed on

One of my favorite songwriters and vocalists has left us. I hope he did so in a painless way. My thoughts go to friends and family. He certainly left a mark, and much thanks to Ace Records, we can appreciate that mark. Without Ace, I he might have slipped past my radar.

Fittingly, Tony Rounce of Ace Records, has written a beautiful obituary. You can read it here: http://acerecords.co.uk/news/2013/george-jackson

Yesterday was a very sad day for me. He was one of the true great ones.

Hi!

My tribute to George with earlier interviews at
    http://www.soulexpress.net/georgejackson_tribute.htm

Best regards
    Heikki

He was a heckuva songwriter. He was southern soul. I'm Just A Prisoner, Snatching It Back, One Bad Apple.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 04-15-2013 at 02:18 PM.

So, so sad to hear this. George was without doubt my favourite southern soul singer. He was truly different and unique with that gentle plaintive delivery - I have listened to something by him just about every day for many years. So many favourites, here's one which exemplifies his style... Macking On You. In what is shaping up to be a very difficult year, I feel every loss, but I have a special soft spot for George.

Here's another of my absolute favourites....Walking The City Streets - has always moved me to this very day...

Sir Shambling's outstanding bio on George

http://www.sirshambling.com/artists_...kson/index.php

About a year ago, I posted this clip of George with Harrison Calloway ..... what a sweet man, and lovely humour...

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 04-16-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Heidi,
    Thank you for getting to George back in 1994 and giving him the exposure he deserved. Your initiative is much appreciated. Have to confess I should have liked his passing to have been more honored. Thanks also to Keith Hughes and Tony Rounce.....
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 04-18-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Hi Mike!

Thank you for your kind words.
    George really was underrated and people just don't realise, how many great songs he has written. When you start listing all those songs to more or less uninitiated, they're usually amazed. They know the songs, but not the composer.
    Still add to that his gentle and soulful vocal style, soft voice and a nice, laid-back personality; a rare character indeed, and immensely talented.

Best regards
    Heikki