[REMOVE ADS]

R.I.P. VINCE MONTANA Original Member of MFSB

Hello Everyone,

Vonnie Eli asked me to post the following:

Vonnie Eli

34 minutes ago near Philadelphia, PA

"With sadness in my heart I report the death of MFSB original member Vince Montana. Vince's vibes can be heard on MFSB recordings as well as Sal Soul Orchestra. R.I.P. Vince you put up a good fight, now you are safely home."

Vonnie is having trouble getting on SDF. Vonnie said Vince passed away this afternoon. She and Bobby Eli just talked with Vince a week ago. He's been very ill for some time. Vonnie will let us know of further developments.

My condolences to Mr. Montana's family and friends. Thank you for all the wonderful music.

May he Rest In Peace...

~~Mary~~

Very sad news. I just heard that Vincent Montana Jr passed away today, right as I was putting my show together. By co-incidence I was programming a whole heap of the new Tom Moulton Philly Re-Grooved Vol 3 remixes, virtually all of which featured Vincent, so he was running all through the show anyway. This news adds a lot of poignancy to today’s show, so we’ll be running a Vincent Montana Jr tribute throughout the whole show as a mark of respect to one of the greatest arrangers in dance music history. He could play mean vibes too! RIP Vincent. We love you.

On the show this week, we have a whole heap of exclusives including some previews of several brand new Tom Moulton remixes from the forthcoming Philly Re-Grooved Vol 3 which is the best one yet and, of course, the usual odyssey through the last 5 decades of glorious Soul music with some killer songs for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Obviously today’s show is gonna feature a lot of Philly OK!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 14th April 2013 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Ron Hall & The Motherfunkaz feat Marc Evans * Vincent Montana Jr & the Philly Sound Orchestra feat William Howard * Blue Magic * Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes * Gene Chandler * The Modulations * Universal Mind * Bettye Swann * The Philly Devotions * Fluorescent Smog * Cooking On 3 Burners * Gwen McRae * Ronnie Dyson * William DeVaughn * The Spinners * Fat Larry’s Band * The Salsoul Orchestra feat Loleatta Holloway

See you @ 2.00pm LIVE!

Ian D X

Last edited by Ian Dewhirst; 04-13-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Vonnie,
    I am sorry I missed your call this afternoon. Still very sorry to hear of Vince's passing. My Condolences go out to You, Bobby, & Vince's Family. May he rest in peace.

{{{HUGS}}},
    Jeanie & Jimmy

Rest in Peace Vince! those vibes in Philly Music were Pure Joy!

....rest in peace....thanks for the music....