[REMOVE ADS]

I'm sorry theboyfrommxtown,

I didn't see your thread. Vonnie Eli just asked me to post the news, and I did.

~~Mary~~

No problem. These things happen.

I'm sorry to learn of this. I didn't know Vince personally, but his name was always solidly connected to the success of the Philly Sound. A real pro.

Oh no. This year has been so bad with great people passing.

"Come on Vince play your vibes" [[Runaway)

R.I.P.

So sad to hear this. A great loss. Condolences go out to his family and loved ones. May you RIP Vince.

RIP, Vince...RIP....

"One More Time, VMJ"

One and a million more times. Casualy, the other day I was walking in the mountain and hearding my mp3 headphones where among 712 tracks I have the fantastic "One More Time, VMJ", "Put It In Motion", "Heavy Vibes" and the masterpiece "A Dance Fantasy", apart from Salsoul Orch. and MFSB tracks where Vince is an essential ingredient in strings arrangement and / or vibes playing and / or composer [[i.e. MFSB's "Freddie's Dead" or Salsoul Orch. "Ritzy Mambo"). A well respected Radio DJ in Radio Nacional de España / radio 3, Antonio Fernández, many times said "Vincent Montana Jr., the underrated hero of the Groove and the Disco - Jazz Fusion field".

Condolences and a great embrace on these sad moments to all his family and friends and many thanks for those great music and arrangements [[from MFSB to Fania All - Stars passing trough The Modulations!) from a very Philly Soul Lover from Spain.

Another sad loss of a great musician and someone who had major influence on and involvement in the music that we love.

For me, "Storm Warning" by The Volcanoes is the recording that established The Sound Of Philadelpia and Vince Montana's vibes were a huge part of its success. RIP Vince.

Jim

So sorry to hear of him ,
    Or anyone that passes away.
    My well wishes to the family.
    My working with him was not a pleasent one.
    R.I.P.
    Ceasar
    The
    Original
    Tymes

Being from Philly, Storm Warning was one of my favorites. Now I'll have to re-listen to it. Thanks. RIP Mr. Montana.