[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Attachment 6520

Here is a picture of Cindy Birdsong, from Scherrie Paynes Facebook page, just in the last hour or so. Not sure how old the picture is.

revvy Guest
    Great pic! Thanks for sharing. This looks like this might be from Scherrie's recent play in Los Angeles. Since when is Cindy shorter than Scherrie? Cindy was always one of the tallest Supremes. Time is running out ladies. PLEASE get together for a photo shoot before it's too late! That's all we ask.
    Last edited by revvy; 04-16-2013 at 01:47 PM.

i think Cindy is sitting on the back of a chair leaning forward. btw, that is Joyce Vincent on the left.

Id assume Cindy needs/values her privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Can you blame the woman?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Roberta,
    I read that Esosa, the costume designer for the show actually designed Dr. Reeves dress for the opening night. [[Emilio Sosa, who was on Project Runway is Esosa.) He evidently tweeted that Martha sent him a thank you message that made his night!

Thom

Martha is pure class thommg and never forget her fans or anyone who does anything for her. She is real gracious and giving and beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with me.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

revvy Guest
    In any event, Cindy looks like a million bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Of course. I wasn't asking for the results of medical tests, just if she is sick and how sick.

Been smiling for days about the Diana and Mary reunion! A reunion for the history books! Hopefully the bickering and sneering fans will finally be able to take a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Been smiling for days about the Diana and Mary reunion! A reunion for the history books! Hopefully the bickering and sneering fans will finally be able to take a hint.
    Some said that it would never happen. I knew it would.......

Great video on the red carpet at BET.com
    There is an annoying video on the right side of the screen that you will have to pause so that it doesn't play at the same time.

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/...e-musical.html

There was another Supremes reunion we all missed; watch this video til the end.

And doesn't Gladys look great these days; she looks better now that 15 years ago.

I have read reports that Diana was so touched during the performance that she could be seen wiping her eyes and hugging Berry. In the interviews I have seen, she was very excited to get to see it. When she saw it she said she loved it. Remember all that talk that she wouldn't like it and that she wouldn't go see it?

smark21 Guest
    Here's a bunch of pics from Curtain call Sunday night

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Pho...-Call-20130415#

revvy Guest
    Didn't anyone think to invite Cindy or any of the Jackson clan to represent Michael? I heard Suzanne DePasse was in attendance, but there doesn't seem to be any pics of her, either. Maxine Powell would have also been a lovely addition. She was also very instrumental in the development process.
    Last edited by revvy; 04-16-2013 at 09:37 PM.

I saw a picture of Suzanne.

Incredible number of pictures in the article listed by Smark above. Basically shows each of the Motown stars brought on stage after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by revvy View Post
    Didn't anyone think to invite Cindy or any of the Jackson clan to represent Michael? I heard Suzanne DePasse was in attendance, but there doesn't seem to be any pics of her, either. Maxine Powell would have also been a lovely addition. She was also very instrumental in the development process.
    The Jackson family are in court in court in LA trying to squeeze some money out of AEG and Suzane De Passe was there. Mrs Powell is almost 90 years old and may not be fit to travel or stay up late. She look good last time I saw a video of her a few weeks ago but that dont mean she's fit to travel to New York and stay up till midnight. I bet you Cindy was invited but she may not be fit to travel either. you seem real intent to turn this thread sour. Why?

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    The Jackson family are in court in court in LA trying to squeeze some money out of AEG and Suzane De Passe was there. Mrs Powell is almost 90 years old and may not be fit to travel or stay up late. She look good last time I saw a video of her a few weeks ago but that dont mean she's fit to travel to New York and stay up till midnight. I bet you Cindy was invited but she may not be fit to travel either. you seem real intent to turn this thread sour. Why?

Roberta
    Roberta, Maxine Powell isn't almost 90... she's 96.

revvy Guest
    Roberta, you can't be serious? It's pretty clear now that YOU'RE the troublemaker on this site. By the way, this is MY thread! In another area, the Sunday show starts at 3 pm, so my guess is Mrs. Powell wouldn't be retired for the night. She also would have enjoyed the show immensely as would Cindy and any of the Jacksons.
    Last edited by revvy; 04-16-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Here's a bunch of pics from Curtain call Sunday night

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Pho...-Call-20130415#
    Great photos thank you for sharing smark21.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Roberta, Maxine Powell isn't almost 90... she's 96.
    Well lts no wonder the lady cant travel to new York. 96 my goodness what an great lady.

Roberta

Roberta, you can't be serious? I'm beginning to think you're the troublemaker here. By the way, this is MY thread! In another area, the Sunday show starts at 3 pm, so my guess is Mrs. Powell wouldn't be retired for the night.
    No dear this is a public thread and I am too full of love and light to argue with you.

Bless you my dear.

Roberta

I wonder if Jean Terrell or Lynda Lawrence or Sherrie Payne or Barbara Martin were at the opening? Anyone know.

Roberta

alexgarret Guest
    Revvy -
    Your thread on a public site? Guess we missed the copyright symbol. And for the record, Miss Roberta is no trouble maker. Did you miss the memo where Ralph asked that we play nice while he's away?
    Last edited by alexgarret; 04-16-2013 at 10:20 PM.

revvy Guest
    What I am emphasizing is that I started this thread, so why would I want to turn it sour as I have been charged? Let's get back to the subject of this thread. Geez!

Quote Originally Posted by alexgarret View Post
    Your thread on a public site? Guess we missed the copyright symbol. And for the record, Miss Roberta is no trouble maker. Did you miss the memo where Ralph asked that we play nice while he's away?
    Thank you dear alexgarret. Revvy may just be overcome with emotion from the beautifull reunion the other night of Diane and Mary. Its all good my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

This is Suzanne DePasse

What I am emphasizing is that I started this thread, so why would I want to turn it sour as I have been charged? Let's get back to the subject of this thread. Geez!
    Its all good my dear its all good.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Of course. I wasn't asking for the results of medical tests, just if she is sick and how sick.
    I dont know but someone whom is real close to Cindy posted on facebook that Cindy wasnt well enough to travel to New York. I offer up this prayer for my sister in Christ Miss Cindy Birdsong.

Merciful Lord and Father in Heaven, continue to visit and heal Sister Cindy Birdsong in her time of need and affliction. As you healed the pain between Mary Wilson and Diane Ross on Sunday night I humbly ask that you visit our sister in Christ Miss Cindy Birdsong and deliver her from sickness and pain. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, your son who died on the cross for our sins.

Amen.

Your faithful servant,

Roberta

revvy Guest
    I had a feeling she wasn't well enough to travel. May God bless her. The next time Mary is in Los Angeles, there should really be a photo shoot of the 3 of them to simply close the book on the legacy. When one of them passes, it will be a great keepsake for many.

I dont know but someone whom is real close to Cindy posted on facebook that Cindy wasnt well enough to travel to New York. I offer up this prayer for my sister in Christ Miss Cindy Birdsong.

Merciful Lord and Father in Heaven, continue to visit and heal Sister Cindy Birdsong in her time of need and affliction. As you healed the pain between Mary Wilson and Diane Ross on Sunday night I humbly ask that you visit our sister in Christ Miss Cindy Birdsong and deliver her from sickness and pain. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, your son who died on the cross for our sins.

Amen.

Your faithful servant,

Roberta
    Roberta-

Your prayer is so beautiful it made me cry. Cindy is the nicest of the Supremes and to think she is too ill to join Mary and Diana. It just breaks my heart.

Penny

smark21 Guest
    Also last summer, it was reported that Mrs. Powell had a stroke and that was why she was unable to attend Mary’s show in Detroit. I’ve read she’s doing better, but she’s 96 years old and it’s too much to ask a 96 year old woman in delicate health to travel to NYC to attend a Broadway show just so morbid Revvy can get a picture. Also, the show didn’t start at 3PM this past Sunday. It started at 6PM. A show is not going to stage its official opening as a matinee.

[QUOTE=carlo;160921]Been smiling for days about the Diana and Mary reunion!

So have I, Carlo.

Oh Cindy, where were you when we needed you? Then I could die in peace!
    You guys had my my day with all those FABULOUS photos from the opening night of the Motown Musical, great see many of the old Motown stars looking fabulous, happy and healthy but the ones that really made my day was the ones of Diana and Mary together [[DEFINITELY THE REUNION OF THE NIGHT), never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would ever see those two so close together again. of course some fans would see faults/ flaws in this reunion but the fact that they were actually happy to stand together to have photos taken together is enough for me, cause I tell you guys now, no way did I think I would ever see Diana and Mary on stage together again.

Before this opening I was even doubting that Diana would attend at all, I knew that Mary would be there of course but I really thought that even if Diana attended, no way would she and Mary would be seen together and I am so glad just how wrong I was, I suppose I have read too much into the bickering among Supremes fans over the years [[especially fans of Mary and Diana).

As a long time fan of Diana and [[I am a huge fan of the original Supremes as well) seeing those close photos of Diana and Mary together 40 years later, looking happy, beautiful and healthy really made my day [[just a shame that Flo is no longer here and Cindy is not in such a good health), seeing all 4 together would have been a dream come true for me but I am sure Flo is looking down with a smile upon her girls [[Diana & Mary).

Thanks so much once again guys for posting all those FAB photos, hopefully this is the start of the healing process between the two original Supremes and about time too
    Last edited by David J; 04-17-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Also last summer, it was reported that Mrs. Powell had a stroke and that was why she was unable to attend Mary’s show in Detroit. I’ve read she’s doing better, but she’s 96 years old and it’s too much to ask a 96 year old woman in delicate health to travel to NYC to attend a Broadway show just so morbid Revvy can get a picture. Also, the show didn’t start at 3PM this past Sunday. It started at 6PM. A show is not going to stage its official opening as a matinee.
    Mrs. Powell was able to travel to Philly for Mary's Gown Exhibit.

Amen.

Your faithful servant,

Roberta
    Thank you. That's all I asked. Your prayer is beautiful and I appreciate the way you express your concern.

Here is a video of the Diana, Mary, Berry reunion.

revvy Guest
    That's incredible! Thanks for that video. They all seem to be OK with each other now and that is such a blessing.

revvy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This is Suzanne DePasse
    As of late, why does Diana always have this look on her face like she was just force fed a lemon?

As of late, why does Diana always have this look on her face like she was just force fed a lemon?
    She read your posts on this forum.
    I mean, come on. There has been more goodwill here on this thread than ever before. Why spoil it?

You should use all your lemmons and make lemonade dear.

Roberta

She read your posts on this forum.
    I mean, come on. There has been more goodwill here on this thread than ever before. Why spoil it?
    Exactly thanxal. It really staring to look like Revvy cant enjoy the peace and harmony and joy and happiness that the reunion on Sunday of Diane and Mary has given so many.

Come on revvy just go with the love my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

I'm just patting my foot, with my arms folded cross my chest, whistling a tune and waiting to see how long all this peace and love will last.

Thank you. That's all I asked. Your prayer is beautiful and I appreciate the way you express your concern.
    You most welcome thanxal. Miss Cindy birdsong has a real special place in my heart.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Roberta-

Your prayer is so beautiful it made me cry. Cindy is the nicest of the Supremes and to think she is too ill to join Mary and Diana. It just breaks my heart.

Penny
    Her Lord and Savior is watching over Cindy Penny. He wont give her any more than she can bear.

You take care of yourself my dear.

Roberta

What? No Lionel Richie? LOL!!!

alexgarret Guest
    Yea! There's the Marv we know and love...

You most welcome thanxal. Miss Cindy birdsong has a real special place in my heart.

Roberta

And while I am truly elated at seeing all of this love between diana, mary and berry, I truly hope that each one of the subjects will recognize how Cindy was a huge part of the Supremes in continuing their legacy, and hope they will check on the girl who was the most gracious of all the Supremes. Cindy we love youl in the name of love.