[REMOVE ADS]

Kevin Goins interviews yours truly

I had a great phone conversation the other day with Kevin. Kevin has been around SD for several years and has been an invaluble contributor thanks to his extensive knowledge of the workings of the music biz. He now runs a very interesting music blog which you can check out.
    Many thanks, Kev. It was a blast.

http://www.kevingoinsmusicjournal.blogspot.com/

Very good, a great deal of fun to listen to.

Here's a copy of the "Fuck Hudson's" ad, taken from John Sinclair's book "Guitar Army". It ran in both the Ann Arbor Argus and Detroit's Fifth Estate. I'm pushing my memory here, but I believe the Argus was run by Kevin Kelley, who was associated with Sinclair and the White Panther Party. Sinclair controlled The Fifth Estate through Trans-Love Energies and The Artists Collective, besides being the MC5's manager.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonm1965/5365023412/

Gee, all of a sudden I feel old......
    Last edited by Doug-Morgan; 04-06-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Doug,
    DUDE! Thanks for the old ad. I'm not even sure if I ever saw it. Many thanks. Blew my mind here.

No problem, Ralph. I hung around the edges of "the revolution" from '68 through '72, and had a loose association with "the movement".

I'm listening to it now.

I am at the end of this interview. Great job. Ralph you are such a great storyteller. By the way Kevin should really interview Russ. Lastly I am going to have to go back and re read The Road Through Motown again.

Glad you liked the interview Mickey. But the credit goes to Kevin. He is an excellent interviewer, as you heard.