[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    topdiva1 Guest
    I wonder how much of the movie will be devoted to Flo's time in The Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    So I would guess this is your last post about it since from your perspective , there is nothing to talk about?

My last post on this thread will be one that says "I told you so" when this film is not made...just like the ones on Sam Cooke, Otis Redding and Marvin Gaye.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    My last post on this thread will be one that says "I told you so" when this film is not made...just like the ones on Sam Cooke, Otis Redding and Marvin Gaye.

And sad to say - you could be right. And I give you that!!!!

smark21 Guest
    Internet movie database is a site that has info on films made and films in production and projects in the pipeline. So far nothing on this supposed film about Florence Ballard.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Internet movie database is a site that has info on films made and films in production and projects in the pipeline. So far nothing on this supposed film about Florence Ballard.

Finally some informative and useful information - THANKS!!

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    And I totally loved Florence's duet with Diana on Manhattan and her strong background to the Diana voice on You Keep Me Hanging On and Nothing But Heartaches and many others.
    I think "Manhattan" is one of the worst things the Supremes ever did. Diana and Flo sing Rodgers melody just fine, but it's obvious that no one involved in the recording of the song understand the satire and irony of Hart's lyrics. A totally clueless performance of the lyrics. I think Florence's vocal talents are way overrated by those who think she has a great voice. Having a big loud voice is not the same as being a good singer. Diana and Mary are both better singers than Flo, especially Diana, as she has the gift for phrasing, while Mary is an outstanding group/harmony vocalist who can also do well on a smokey ballad.

Oh, so that's why you're here? I really hope they do complete and release this movie. If it doesn't happen like you are hoping, it will not add or take away anything from me personally. I know the story as they say "inside and out". I want this movie most for the younger generation that are under the impression that Florences true story was told in the film "Dreamgirls". Now some know the truth and with this film, more will know the truth!

topdiva1 Guest
    Oh, so that's why you're here? I really hope they do complete and release this movie. If it doesn't happen like you are hoping, it will not add or take away anything from me personally. I know the story as they say "inside and out". I want this movie most for the younger generation that are under the impression that Florences true story was told in the film "Dreamgirls". Now some know the truth and with this film, more will know the truth!

Amen - as Tina said to Ike - NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

useyourchucklemuscle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Amen - as Tina said to Ike - NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And you should know, Tony, as they're your parents!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by useyourchucklemuscle View Post
    And you should know, Tony, as they're your parents!

Damn you continue to grow more dense by the mere second - what are you in grammar school - grow up old maid

Enjoy!

Damn you continue to grow more dense by the mere second - what are you in grammar school - grow up old maid
    Make your mind up, Tony.
    Am I young and in grammar school or an old maid? Poor America, spewing out the likes of imbeciles such as you from the education system. It doesn't bode well for its future.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by useyourchucklemuscle View Post
    make your mind up, tony.
    Am i young and in grammar school or an old maid? Poor america, spewing out the likes of imbeciles such as you from the education system. It doesn't bode well for its future.

then do not call us to fight your wars, since we americans are impeciles.

Whether this movie is made or not made it's still poetic justice for Flo and her family! The plan was to erase her from Supremes history and minimize her importance in the Supremes and in music in general. But here we are over 40 years after she was let go from the group and over thirty years since her passing still talking about Florence Ballard. Not bad for a background singer way behind Diana Ross [[I'm being sarcastic here!) We've had the Mysteries And Scandals, Unsung and now a movie is being talked about, not to mention lot's of vaulted material some of which should have been released. This is pretty good in my opinon. This just shows how things come around regardless of some of the negative things being said. In a sense Flo gets the last say! Of course Florence couldn't care less about any of this because she resting in peace but it must feel good for her girls to see they're mom's still out there. I bet this is a big shock and surely unnerving for those who played a part in this mess. Poetic justice is served again!They'll get to live long uneasy lives always watching and making sure that the truth doesn't get out [[especially while they're still alive)and protecting the image that most of us know now was just a facade. Florence get to be at peace and her light shines brighter here on Earth too!
    Last edited by soulballad; 10-16-2010 at 09:20 AM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    Whether this movie is made or not made it's still poetic justice for Flo and her family! The plan was to erase her from Supremes history and minimize her importance in the Supremes and in music in general. But here we are over 40 years after she was let go from the group and over thirty years since her passing still talking about Florence Ballard. Not bad for a background singer way behind Diana Ross [[I'm being sarcastic here!) We've had the Mysteries And Scandals, Unsung and now a movie is being talked about, not to mention lot's of vaulted material some of which should have been released. This is pretty good in my opinon. This just shows how things come around regardless of some of the negative things being said. In a sense Flo gets the last say! Of course Florence couldn't care less about any of this because she resting in peace but it must feel good for her girls to see they're mom's still out there. I bet this is a big shock and surely unnerving for those who played a part in this mess. Poetic justice is served again!They'll get to live long uneasy lives always watching and making sure that the truth doesn't get out [[especially while they're still alive)and protecting the image that most of us know now was just a facade. Florence get to be at peace and her light shines brighter on Earth!

AT LAST - someone who spoke the truth in an elegant way. I thank you sir - Yes most of us know that the image the remaining Supremes and others from Motown are protecting is just a fake facade - but many do not want to look behind that facade - and thus spill hatred for those that have dared to pull the curtain back.

I thank you for your words for you speak the natural truth.

Flo Ballard's children desire a film to be made about their mother - that sets history - and hysterical people straight at last.

Flo is having the last laugh some 40 years later - and I hope will now find eternal peace.

Topdiva, someone wanted to pass along a message to you. Please check your private messages / notifications.
    Thanks.

topdiva1 Guest
    Thanks

Regards and Reflections
    Last edited by topdiva1; 10-16-2010 at 09:32 AM.

then do not call us to fight your wars, since we americans are impeciles.
    Impeciles? Again, your English Language tutor must be cringing, Topsy! The word you mean is 'IMBECILES'!
    And I have never, to my knowledge, called you to fight my wars, dear heart! As far as I am aware I am not at war. Well, I'm in a bit of a tussle with my runaway midriff, but I'm not about to show you that! It's too frightening for a young student [[LOLOL!!!) such as yourself!
    And, someone as intellectually inept as yourself would, if you ever did go to war, find yourself nothing but 'frontline fodder'.
    You need to try harder in your responses to me [[actually, I thought you had 'hit the ignore button' on me), young man [[again..LOLOL!!!!) as you are barely testing me.
    Please revise!!!!!

Whether this movie is made or not made it's still poetic justice for Flo and her family! The plan was to erase her from Supremes history and minimize her importance in the Supremes and in music in general. But here we are over 40 years after she was let go from the group and over thirty years since her passing still talking about Florence Ballard. Not bad for a background singer way behind Diana Ross [[I'm being sarcastic here!) We've had the Mysteries And Scandals, Unsung and now a movie is being talked about, not to mention lot's of vaulted material some of which should have been released. This is pretty good in my opinon. This just shows how things come around regardless of some of the negative things being said. In a sense Flo gets the last say! Of course Florence couldn't care less about any of this because she resting in peace but it must feel good for her girls to see they're mom's still out there. I bet this is a big shock and surely unnerving for those who played a part in this mess. Poetic justice is served again!They'll get to live long uneasy lives always watching and making sure that the truth doesn't get out [[especially while they're still alive)and protecting the image that most of us know now was just a facade. Florence get to be at peace and her light shines brighter here on Earth too!
    Soulballad, great post. I've known since 1976 that this story, Florence Ballard's story would never go away. It hit too hard and hurt too much for a lot of people. There was a real concerted effort to "erase"Florence and get the public to forget about here and more precisely, what happened to her. [[They cut her pictures out of some of the Supremes photos at the Old Motown Museum).

She may have left this World, but those responsible for her misery will never have any peace. When I was younger, it use to puzzle me how people could defend obvious corruption and wrongdoing. Today all that does is causes me to question the moral characters of people that do the defending. It's called bearing false witness I believe when I hear, "Florence did IT to herself". When people say that they are purposely telling only a percentage of the total story behind Florence Ballards' life and trying to cover for someone.

Poetic Justice is a good term to describe this phenomena regarding the public's fascination with the life of Florence Ballard. Her memory is giving fits to some.

topdiva1 Guest
    Soulballad, great post. I've known since 1976 that this story, Florence Ballard's story would never go away. It hit too hard and hurt too much for a lot of people. There was a real concerted effort to "erase"Florence and get the public to forget about here and more precisely, what happened to her. [[They cut her pictures out of some of the Supremes photos at the Old Motown Museum).

She may have left this World, but those responsible for her misery will never have any peace. When I was younger, it use to puzzle me how people could defend obvious corruption and wrongdoing. Today all that does is causes me to question the moral characters of people that do the defending. It's called bearing false witness I believe when I hear, "Florence did IT to herself". When people say that they are purposely telling only a percentage of the total story behind Florence Ballards' life and trying to cover for someone.

Poetic Justice is a good term to describe this phenomena regarding the public's fascination with the life of Florence Ballard. Her memory is giving fits to some.
    Great post from Marv and Soulballard.

ZI am sure just the talk of this movie is giving fits to some - and cash to their lawyers.

But, for the Motown Musuem to have cut out pictures of Flo Ballard and remove them from display 0 is plain silly and bearing witness to an old childhood vendetta - who could be so damn petty.

It still amazes me how people are so quick to shift all of the blame to Florence, completely overlooking the cause and what started it all. In my older age I understand that people need to believe whatever makes them most comfortable regardless of if it's right or wrong! It's like that uneducated white racist who lives in a shed deep in Mississippi who still believes that just because he's white he's better than every black person. In his heart of hearts he knows he's at the bottom of the barrel but he keeps holding on to that lie because he's nothing without it! Florence was not perfect and of course NO ONE is but a lot of the tactics and manipulations used on her and against her where just EVIL. After a while it seemed that some people where really getting off on trying to bring her down. That kind of hate is coming from a really dark place and it makes me wonder if she really did know something more. I don't know???
    I have to also mention that there where a lot of people on Flo's side the whole time but they also felt powerless and scared. A lot of them were careful about being around her or avoided her altogether fearing that the same might happen to them. Years later everyone "claims" to be one happy loving family. Yeah right!

They tortured that girl.

topdiva1 Guest
    It still amazes me how people are so quick to shift all of the blame to Florence, completely overlooking the cause and what started it all. In my older age I understand that people need to believe whatever makes them most comfortable regardless of if it's right or wrong! It's like that uneducated white racist who lives in a shed deep in Mississippi who still believes that just because he's white he's better than every black person. In his heart of hearts he knows he's at the bottom of the barrel but he keeps holding on to that lie because he's nothing without it! Florence was not perfect and of course NO ONE is but a lot of the tactics and manipulations used on her and against her where just EVIL. After a while it seemed that some people where really getting off on trying to bring her down. That kind of hate is coming from a really dark place and it makes me wonder if she really did know something more. I don't know???
    I have to also mention that there where a lot of people on Flo's side the whole time but they also felt powerless and scared. A lot of them were careful about being around her or avoided her altogether fearing that the same might happen to them. Years later everyone "claims" to be one happy loving family. Yeah right!

OUTSTANDING POST Just great - thanks so much for trying to enlighten us all.

What happened to Flo Ballard from what I have read - from Nelson George's book to most of the others was a crying shame - founding in EVIL WICKEDNESS,

You remember that movie "The Omen"? The nurse/nanny that would do anything it took to protect "Damien"? Elements of that film I get reminded of whenever I read what a few people write in defense of what happened, what was done to Florence Ballard. They sound like they would do anything to protect certain people......not short of throwing themselves out a window!

People laugh and shrug it off when the word "evil" is used nowadays, it sounds so old fashioned, but churren, let me tell ya it is very alive in this World right now..........
    Last edited by marv2; 10-16-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Someone has to be a voice of reason and logic on the thread.
    . Some fans like to start a commotion over something that really is nothing. I hate to tell you, but if you're looking for truth from a motion picture that is from someone else's point of view, you are terribly naive. You talk about great evil committed against Florence. What a bunch of bullshit. As if she was the only one to get moved or kicked out of something. The music business is full of such stories. What you've done is turn Florence Ballard into the patron saint of losers & victims...something she would have never have wanted.
    The younger generation, as you call it, cares very little about the Supremes or Florence Ballard. This story has very limited appeal because the audience for it [[fanatics like you) are aging and dying off everyday and you can't change that.
    Someone else said they checked IMDB and found no information on this proposed film. I check that database as well - no mention of a Florence Ballard film, at least not yet.
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 10-16-2010 at 11:01 AM.

. Some fans like to start a commotion over something that really is nothing. I hate to tell you, but if you're looking for truth from a motion picture that is from someone else's point of view, you are terribly naive. You talk about great evil committed against Florence. What a bunch of bullshit. As if she was the only one to get moved or kicked out of something. The music business is full of such stories. What you've done is turn Florence Ballard into the patron saint of losers & victims...something she would have never have wanted.
    The younger generation, as you call it, cares very little about the Supremes or Florence Ballard. This story has very limited appeal because the audience for it [[fanatics like you) are aging and dying off everyday and you can't change that.
    Someone else said they checked IMDB and found no information on this proposed film. I check that database as well - no mention of a Florence Ballard film, at least not yet.
    Raw nerves are being exposed and it's still very early! Motown_M_1056.....THANK YOU!!!!!!

Go to Google.com , type in faith evans as florence ballard. Tell me what you see.

Go to Google.com , type in faith evans as florence ballard. Tell me what you see.

Bullshit put there by Faith Evans and other delusional fanatics like you!

topdiva1 Guest
    Bullshit put there by Faith Evans and other delusional fanatics like you!
    There is nothing DELUSIONAL about a movie on Flo Ballard. As good or bad this movie will make a ton of money.

Dear heart... if this movie truly is based on Benjaminson's book, then it is NOT a motion picture from someone else's point of view. Because his book is based on HOURS of interviews by FLO HERSELF. I'm sure everything in that movie will have words directly from Flo's mouth to back everything up. And that's what is scaring the crap out of Ross fans. Mary's book pretty much blew Diana's recording career out of the water, she's not had a top 40 hit in the United states ever since. This probably will indeed finish her career. I'm sure it's time for her to retire anyway. She's already playing some of the same Venues that Mary plays. And for HER, I'm sure that's a big step down. So get ready to cry in your beer, sweeties... it's time for the chickens to come home to roost.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Dear heart... if this movie truly is based on Benjaminson's book, then it is NOT a motion picture from someone else's point of view. Because his book is based on HOURS of interviews by FLO HERSELF. I'm sure everything in that movie will have words directly from Flo's mouth to back everything up. And that's what is scaring the crap out of Ross fans. Mary's book pretty much blew Diana's recording career out of the water, she's not had a top 40 hit in the United states ever since. This probably will indeed finish her career. I'm sure it's time for her to retire anyway. She's already playing some of the same Venues that Mary plays. And for HER, I'm sure that's a big step down. So get ready to cry in your beer, sweeties... it's time for the chickens to come home to roost.
    Frankly I don't care what a proposed film does to Diana Ross' career, Mary Wilson or Anyone else. I'm just waiting for cameras to roll. a director to yell Action" and Faith Evans to stagger into place as po' Flo. You got Tony Turner and his band of idiots keeping up drama about something that may never happen. Don't believe the hype!

Jill, I hadn't thought of that, but I believe you may have hit the nail on the head. After Mary totally destroyed Diane's recording career, now here comes Florence or the "Florence Ballard Story". It's like Diane's taking an one - two punch LOL! She's not doing that much anyway and hasn't in many years now. I believe most people think she retired years ago. Oh well......

Jill, I hadn't thought of that, but I believe you may have hit the nail on the head. After Mary totally destroyed Diane's recording career, now here comes Florence or the "Florence Ballard Story". It's like Diane's taking an one - two punch LOL! She's not doing that much anyway and hasn't in many years now. I believe most people think she retired years ago. Oh well......
    I
    If this film finishes off Diana Ross' career-- If it's the truthful story you claim it will be, then it certainly won't help Mary Wilson's career [[does she still have one without Diane?) either. She'll keep on playing county fairs, street carnivals, laundromat and bowling alley openings and making appearances at "Hi. I used to Be Somebody Famous" shows where fans pay her for autographs and other trinkets. nd where's this album she recorded back in the Nineties?
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 10-16-2010 at 02:46 PM.

jonc Guest
    You'd love to believe that people think DianE [[as you call her) retired years ago but Miss Ross is still selling out venues like Radio City Music Hall. You are twisted and bitter Marvie and you need to find a new obsession. Go finish your "hush hush"
    Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special and post some clip here. This Flo movie will neither hurt or help Diana Ross. Her legend is intact. I hope Mary comes off better than she did in Benjaminson's book. LMFAO

jonc Guest
    The only chickens that are coming home to roost are the ones crapping in your front yard Foster. Don't buy into Top"TonyTucker"Diva and Marfib's bullshit and hype. Neither queen one know the truth if it smacked them in their fat faces.

The 20 year old student [[AKA Tony Tucker) seems to think a script has been approved and cameras will roll in January 2011. It ain't gonna happen. There needs to be a studio, director, producers and full cast before one frame of film is even shot. I would bet the money hasn't even been raised to fund this movie.

I
    If this film finishes off Diana Ross' career-- If it's the truthful story you claim it will be, then it certainly won't help Mary Wilson's career [[does she still have one without Diane?) either. She'll keep on playing county fairs, street carnivals, laundromat and bowling alley openings and making appearances at "Hi. I used to Be Somebody Famous" shows where fans pay her for autographs and other trinkets. nd where's this album she recorded back in the Nineties?
    90 percent of Mary's gigs are in the 1,000 to 3,000 seat range, and I never thought there was anything wrong with that. But now that Diana is taking those type of gigs as well, nobody ever talks about THAT. and you know darned good and well that Mary Wilson doens't play any bowling alleys or laundromats.

jonc Guest
    90 percent of Mary's gigs are in the 1,000 to 3,000 seat range, and I never thought there was anything wrong with that. But now that Diana is taking those type of gigs as well, nobody ever talks about THAT. and you know darned good and well that Mary Wilson doens't play any bowling alleys or laundromats.
    90% of Mary's gigs are in the 200 to 1,500 seat range Mr. Foster and that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    90% of Mary's gigs are in the 200 to 1,500 seat range Mr. Foster and that's a fact.
    It depends on the prestige of the gig sometimes, and not the size... you do know that the Copa and the Flamingo Hotel in Vegas were gigs in that range, back when DIANA was still in the Supremes.

jonc Guest
    It depends on the prestige of the gig sometimes, and not the size... you do know that the Copa and the Flamingo Hotel in Vegas were gigs in that range, back when DIANA was still in the Supremes.
    Oh.............so now you are backtracking Mr. F. LMFAO

smark21 Guest
    They tortured that girl.
    During the GW Bush years, the United States adopted their torture and rendition practices on terrorist detainees by emulating how Berry and Diana tortured Flo. Poor Flo.

smark21 Guest
    Excellent post. Flo got a raw deal, no doubt, but she bears responsibility as well for how she ended up.

Jill you are right. I just think that Motown_M_1056 is a sore head because I, like everyone else in America has not heard a new "Diana Ross" song on the radio since Mary's book some 24 or 25 years ago.........

smark21 Guest
    Jill you are right. I just think that Motown_M_1056 is a sore head because I, like everyone else in America has not heard a new "Diana Ross" song on the radio since Mary's book some 24 or 25 years ago.........
    A few of Ross' singles in the late 80's and early 90's got some radio airplay in the US, just not much airplay.

Oh.............so now you are backtracking Mr. F. LMFAO
    No, I'm not... I never thought Diana Ross should be ashamed to play smaller gigs, her fans are the only ones who felt that way... that's why I like tweaking them.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    A few of Ross' singles in the late 80's and early 90's got some radio airplay in the US, just not much airplay.
    Really? I honestly don't remember any past 1984's Missing You the tribute song to Marvin Gaye.

jonc Guest
    Really? I honestly don't remember any past 1984's Missing You the tribute song to Marvin Gaye.
    Do Mary Wilson's post Supremes songs get much airplay in the US Marfib?

topdiva1 Guest
    If this film is made - people like you will make it millions.

It will of course begin and remain shrouded in drama., controversy, and ill will.

However, somebody's about to get paid, and it ain't ya'll.

jonc Guest
    If this film is made - people like you will make it millions.

It will of course begin and remain shrouded in drama., controversy, and ill will.

However, somebody's about to get paid, and it ain't ya'll.
    And it certainly ain't you Tony Tucker.

topdiva1 Guest

Florence Ballard via this movie - and even the Unsung piece still has Supreme Glamour and real GLORY.

I wonder if any former Supremes - FEAR THE DEAD

topdiva1 Guest
    If you are talking about Tony Turner - he won't miss the money, I assure you.