[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

"Dreams do come true........Dare to dream.."! Thanks Luke LOL!!!!!

Amen Marv!!

You really had the headline/ post of the day for the Motown Forum buddy!

I think that this is great news, look like florence ballard wiill be back in the news again, i can't wait , to see what happens.
    Please stay positive

Who do you think should play Berry?

At the end of this clip, Faith confirms she will be play Florence Ballard:

topdiva1 Guest
    While it may be confirmed - will it get financed? The book itself was basically self published - the story well known by a few remaining hundred thousand at best who remember or care. Without major funding and publicity - and big name stars this movie - sad to say will not be done.

And while Faith Evans does have a look alike thing going with Flo Ballard - she is not a BIG NAME STAR - and does not have a huge following - being endorsesed by the Ballard Sisters, means nothing to the hollywood finance machine, or Gordy's golf buddies.

After all this time has nothing been learned.
    Last edited by topdiva1; 10-09-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Well let's see about the money and music rights...

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    While it may be confirmed - will it get financed. The book itself was basically self published - the story well known by a few remaining hundre thousand at best who remember or care. Without major funding and publicity - and big name stars this movie - sad to say will not be done.
    This is how they are going to position it [[or should). "You've seen Dreamgirls, now are you ready for the REAL story? Can you handle it?"

Now, once the hurdle of financing has been cleared, any roadblocks to licensing the music in an effort to prevent the completion of the film will be a PR NIGHTMARE for whomever is responsible for trying to stop it.............

TopDiva, I beg to differ. There are whole LOT of folks that know of the story of Florence Ballard. They may not know all the details, but there are a very substantial number of people that are interested and it has only grown since the release of the film "Dreamgirls" and Jennifer Hudson winning the Oscar for her portrayal of "Effie" [[Florence Ballard). I note it that way because a lot of the younger generation believe that Effie was really Flo.

I don't know about all of that, Marv. Flo's story and Effie's story, while related in some degree, doesn't really indicate that they actually knew about Flo or the Supremes in general. *shrug*

When I hear Florence Ballard mentioned in hip-hop recordings by young artists that weren't even born when she passed it leads me to believe that they know. I get comments from young adults on Youtube that let's me know that they are more aware of the Florence story than we would imagine. Youtube is a great educational tool as well entertainment. How does millions of paperback books on the Supremes get sold? How does a video of "Baby Love" get something like 4.2 million views? The majority of the members/viewers on Youtube are under 35years old.

Midnightman, did you notice in the clip above at 4:35 when Faith mentions the biopic, just only mentions "Florence Ballard", not "the Supremes". Also note the audience's reaction. They definitely did not give the "Who? " reaction.

^ Not to argue but yeah I think people "know" who Florence is. But they have some wrong idea about her. I wonder if they watched her "Unsung" episode.

I don't know how many saw "Unsung" we don't even have TVOne as one of our cable offerings here on Long Island where there are 3.8 million people! The Supremes and their legend is so big that it is just a part of our culture now. Same with the Beatles. Flo passed just 4 years before John Lennon and both are still very much remembered. Right now, they are discussing Flo on her taped interview clips on Youtube just like she was a current star.

Interesting comments being made about a film in the "making". I will only add that just like you cannot have a Supreme Reunion without Diana Ross, you can not do a Florence Ballard story without a Diana Ross character. I want to see how they get that off.
    Last edited by captainjames; 10-10-2010 at 07:36 AM.

topdiva1 Guest
    The Flo Ballard story is such a strong on - that - told from her saide in flashbacks or hindsight - it does not ever need the actual songs to be played - the Billie Holiday movie is just as good if you take out the songs - it is the story line that is important - and if the writers and producers are wise thet will stick to the Flo Ballard Story - and not have to worry about the music - and all the rest of the major players in this story are public figures - so legally they shoukld not in the end have a difficult time - if they are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Interesting comments being made about a film in the "making". I will only add that just like you cannot have a Supreme Reunion without Diana Ross, you can not do a Florence Ballard story without a Florence Ballard character. I want to see how they get that off.
    You cannot have a Supremes Reunion without Mary Wilson either! That's been proven! LOL!!!!!! The other part of what you just said did not make any sense whatsoever......"you can not do a Florence Ballard story without a Florence Ballard character. I want to see how they get that off"

What does that mean? What are you trying to say Capt'n'?

Didn't that television movie on the Temptations [[based on Otis' book), include the Temptations music? I believe they can get the music for the Florence Ballard movie if the price is right. They may also be able to sue to get it if it had to go that far. If whomever the producers are that would be willing to pay the cost and are still denied, the reason for the denial may have to be explained in court. I hope it never has to go there because as I said early, it would be a PR NIGHTMARE for whomever would be trying to de-rail things.

Well Motown45 with Kelly Rowland was a disaster without Diana and thats all I am going to say about it. DREAMGIRLS character of Mary Wilson would have been better if they left it out. A Supreme reunion without Florence [[as much as I love Cindy) is ridiculous, however Mary will quickly admit it ANI'T GONNA HAPPEN without Diana. Heck a Labelle Reunion didn't really happen in my opinion.

Which brings me full circle to the Flo Ballard story----[[without a Diana character ?) pleasssssse !!! This is not wonderland and without some big BLITZ to drum up some interest I just don't see it on the Big Screen. With all due respect to Flo's girls and their love for their mother I would hate for them to put all their "money" into something that will fizzle quickly. However, perhaps they have the connectivity to get Diana's blessing but I am not sure about Berry's. You could probably write around Mr. Gordy's character but, you can not do a Florence Ballard story without The Supremes and their music and Diana and Mary.

topdiva1 Guest
    Nobody is looking for Diana or Berry to bless this project or expecting it - be for real. This will be done if it is PROFITABLE - and the Ballard sisters do not have any money to pour into a project of this magnitude - Let us hope that in some form it gets done - nicely.

Well Motown45 with Kelly Rowland was a disaster without Diana and thats all I am going to say about it. DREAMGIRLS character of Mary Wilson would have been better if they left it out. A Supreme reunion without Florence [[as much as I love Cindy) is ridiculous, however Mary will quickly admit it ANI'T GONNA HAPPEN without Diana. Heck a Labelle Reunion didn't really happen in my opinion.

Which brings me full circle to the Flo Ballard story----[[without a Diana character ?) pleasssssse !!! This is not wonderland and without some big BLITZ to drum up some interest I just don't see it on the Big Screen. With all due respect to Flo's girls and their love for their mother I would hate for them to put all their "money" into something that will fizzle quickly. However, perhaps they have the connectivity to get Diana's blessing but I am not sure about Berry's. You could probably write around Mr. Gordy's character but, you can not do a Florence Ballard story without The Supremes and their music and Diana and Mary.
    Exactly. And I don't think Diana cares about how she would be portrayed if it comes down to that. Of course Mary will be all on it like she was with Dreamgirls lol we know that. Anyway we'll see what happens.

phyl Guest
    i cannt wati to see this moviie about flo this movies going to tell the turht about what berery and dianna ross did to her.

Actually, a movie like this would tell what Flo did to herself, and how those she thought were "REALLY" her friends turned their backs on her. I hope they produce the note that said "Stick By Flo.....because it could happen to you"", because in reality NO ONE did.

Maybe they can bring out the the things we never hear about like how Diana tried to save her home and when Blondie said she felt like she messed things up and wanted to make it right afterwards. Just maybe they can dig really deep and show how perhaps even her family know or knew so little about what was going on. Perhaps even the trust fund that Diana set up for the girls that somehow went to someone else in the family. Let's see if they show Flo and Diana fighting and hair pulling all over the place when Flo has said out of her own mouth that they just had sister arguments.

Yeah, I can't wait to see how many folks they get to agree to protray their image like the ones who backed out of The Temptaions movie when its almost ready for production.

READY >>>>>>>>>SET >>>>>>>>>>> uh no wait a minute no yet said many Motown stars.

Nobody is looking for Diana or Berry to bless this project or expecting it - be for real. This will be done if it is PROFITABLE - and the Ballard sisters do not have any money to pour into a project of this magnitude - Let us hope that in some form it gets done - nicely.
    That's true. Really Berry and Diane would be just an afterthought. They are not important at all in regards to this particular project. You are right, the keyword is profitable! No cares about what Diane and Berry thinks anymore to be blunt. They are retired.

Actually, a movie like this would tell what Flo did to herself, and how those she thought were "REALLY" her friends turned their backs on her. I hope they produce the note that said "Stick By Flo.....because it could happen to you"", because in reality NO ONE did.

Maybe they can bring out the the things we never hear about like how Diana tried to save her home and when Blondie said she felt like she messed things up and wanted to make it right afterwards. Just maybe they can dig really deep and show how perhaps even her family know or knew so little about what was going on. Perhaps even the trust fund that Diana set up for the girls that somehow went to someone else in the family. Let's see if they show Flo and Diana fighting and hair pulling all over the place when Flo has said out of her own mouth that they just had sister arguments.

Yeah, I can't wait to see how many folks they get to agree to protray their image like the ones who backed out of The Temptaions movie when its almost ready for production.

READY >>>>>>>>>SET >>>>>>>>>>> uh no wait a minute no yet said many Motown stars.
    It's interesting. The whole time I think that's what they expected, that the original Supremes threw down when that wasn't the case. Plus three young ladies with struggles of their own. I think if the film is made, it would focus on Florence's personal struggles and how she tried to overcome that through her music.

Capt' n', don't play yourself, everybody knows that if this film gets made, Berry Gordy and Diane Ross are going to be Public Enemy NUMBER ONE! and no one else! LOL!!!

To be perfectly honest the only people getting played is the ones that are drawing attention to Faith Evans with hopes of building sales to her new CD. Diana Ross could care less how a movie, play, short story or bio like this says about her. As far as Mr. Gordy is concern I have no idea how he would feel but, I am sure he will let us know. In fact I remember at the time I heard that he was the one who actual paid for her funeral which I thought was odd at the time.

Lets see if this makes it out of the house or if Faith will keep up abreast as to the how things are progressing. I mean I have heard some singers talk about a new CD coming out for two years that never seem to get pressed.

.............and Marv can you please tell how we can go from No One cares what Diana and Berry thinks because they are retired to when its over they will be Public Enemy Number # 1 ?
    If No One cares then No One would care if they became Public Enemy Number #1 unless your the one who cares.

Hi Ya Ya I tell you some days you should stay in the shell.

Paying for Florence Ballard's funeral was not odd. He was paying it with basically HER money! Think about it. Oh and Diane cares, she cares a LOT now that she is a grandmummy! LOL!!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 10-10-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Let me clarify something for you Capt'n'. I personally do not care because I know the story, the truth since 1976 of what happened. I also don't care what Diane and Berry think about this movie, nor will any producers or backers care about what they think.

NOW, the public already has their ideas about Diane and Berry and their part in the destruction of Florence Ballard. Once a film is released, the thoughts of the them as "public enemy number one" will just start all over again. Understand now? Capece? I hope that helps your understanding of what I was saying earlier. If it doesn't, I don't care. LOL!!!!!!

Well let me just add .........yawn.

You can add whatever you like. You just can't add [[or take away) from the truth!

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Capt' n', don't play yourself, everybody knows that if this film gets made, Berry Gordy and Diane Ross are going to be Public Enemy NUMBER ONE! and no one else! LOL!!!
    ROTFLMFAO. You need boots on to wade through your fabricated BS.

The truth is that no amount of books or movies or CD's or plays or Lies will ever bring Flo back to us nor will it blackball or destroy Motown or Diana or Berry. It is what it is, The Supremes as we knew them are gone. Let her rest in peace.

It was an amazing ride and it was fun to watch a black owned company groom and present so many stars. The history books will say that Diana Ross was the lead singer of one of the greatest girl groups of all time and she went on to become a great Superstar. As Mary and many Motowners have said Diana knew what she wanted the minute she stepped into that group. Florence was pushed aside by a lot more people than what has been said but there are always two ways to fight to get what you want. Unfortunately, Flo was destructive in her fighting. It was Berry's company and he was the boss.

throwing a drink in the face of your boss at 20 grand was probably her undoing..I think her days were numbered after that..

The truth is that no amount of books or movies or CD's or plays or Lies will ever bring Flo back to us nor will it blackball or destroy Motown or Diana or Berry. It is what it is, The Supremes as we knew them are gone. Let her rest in peace.

It was an amazing ride and it was fun to watch a black owned company groom and present so many stars. The history books will say that Diana Ross was the lead singer of one of the greatest girl groups of all time and she went on to become a great Superstar. As Mary and many Motowners have said Diana knew what she wanted the minute she stepped into that group. Florence was pushed aside by a lot more people than what has been said but there are always two ways to fight to get what you want. Unfortunately, Flo was destructive in her fighting. It was Berry's company and he was the boss.
    No it can not bring Florence back. She is in the arms of the Lord. It will however teach younger people lessons when they make the decision to go into showbusiness . As for Diane and Berry, the most important judgement awaits them and us all.
    Last edited by marv2; 10-11-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    throwing a drink in the face of your boss at 20 grand was probably her undoing..I think her days were numbered after that..
    Nomis, it goes wayyyyyy beyond that. Flo throwing a drink in Berry's face after he insulted her in public was comic relief in terms of importance to this story.

NOW, the public already has their ideas about Diane and Berry and their part in the destruction of Florence Ballard. Once a film is released, the thoughts of the them as "public enemy number one" will just start all over again.
    Didn't you sing this same song when Dreamgirls was released and once again when the book by that Mark guy came out? Where's the "uproar"? LOL

LOL ............
    The only uproar is on this thread, Diana has definitely moved on, Berry I am not sure where he stands in any of this since he blasted DREAMGIRLS for twisting the facts. I think he did end up getting an apology eventually but, I can't remember. Flo's grils have even said to the press that they DO NOT blame Diana for anything that happen to their mother. So, why anything of this nature is being presented as a vehicle to "oust" Diana and Berry is silly. Its 2010 and Flo left us in 1976 [[wow was it really that long ago). She has been gone from us longer than she was with us.

Spiritually I believe Diana has moved on to higher ground about what happen as four teenage girls who had a dream. Diana wanted to be a star...she was and is !! Mary wanted to sing with her girlfriends for ever and get out of the ghetto. She did.

Flo's life was so short lived that it was almost her purpose in life was to bring Barbara, Mary and Diana together as a unit. I am glad she had the chance to make an album so folks could hear what she really sounded like instead of making up things about her voice. I love Flo but all those stories about being another Aretha Franklin.....uh no !!

Perhaps there will one day be a book about how Cindy Birdsong was fired from the Supremes and ohhhhhhhhhhh NO Mary and Pedro will be public enemy number 1 or 2 ? or maybe how Roz was fired from the Vandellas and Martha will be public enemy number 3.

There really is no hype here and Berry I am sure has done some things that were not right in his life but all the Motown artists seem to love and respect him for what he did so, whats up with that ?

on a sidebar; One of the Andantes said [[its in their book and I can't remember which one said it) that Diana has carried alot of hurt around with her for a long time). I believe that because I believe she got blammed for a lot of things that was not in her doing. Mary is even quoted in the new box set of "Meet The Supremes" as saying that it wasn't Diana that went back and told Berry that Barbara wreck his car. I could go on and on about the different stories that have been told that have been proven LIES like trying to hit a blind kid or changing clothes but I won't.

It is what it is and its done and over.

topdiva1 Guest
    Flo Ballards story hopefully will one day be made into a movie, she deserves this and more. It will be a great way for her to be remembered for a long time. However, ti say this movie is CONFIRMED is premature - without funding, a studio, and a director. Studios may want to do this movie - with another leading lady in mind - at minimum you will need 50 million or more.

Flo Ballards story hopefully will one day be made into a movie, she deserves this and more. It will be a great way for her to be remembered for a long time. However, ti say this movie is CONFIRMED is premature - without funding, a studio, and a director. Studios may want to do this movie - with another leading lady in mind - at minimum you will need 50 million or more.
    Now this I will agree with !!!

LOL ............
    captainjames - The only uproar is on this thread, Diana has definitely moved on,

Moved on to where? Last I heard she was still alive and roaming the Earth.

captainjames - Flo's grils have even said to the press that they DO NOT blame Diana for anything that happen to their mother. So, why anything of this nature is being presented as a vehicle to "oust" Diana and Berry is silly.

I did not hear anyone talking about making a movie to blame Diane for anything. Besides, those girls weren't even around when their mother was in the Supremes. It sounds like to me that you personally are afraid of something? The story is already out there. Some people have already made up their minds about what they believed happened.

captainjames - Its 2010 and Flo left us in 1976 [[wow was it really that long ago). She has been gone from us longer than she was with us.

That's sad isn't it?

captainjames - Spiritually I believe Diana has moved on to higher ground about what happen as four teenage girls.........

I wholly disagree.

captainjames - Perhaps there will one day be a book about how Cindy Birdsong was fired from the Supremes and ohhhhhhhhhhh NO Mary and Pedro will be public enemy number 1 or 2 ? or maybe how Roz was fired from the Vandellas and Martha will be public enemy number 3.

Those stories are out there too, however Florence's story involved a lot more than just being fired...........hehehehehe.....

captainjames - There really is no hype here and Berry I am sure has done some things that were not right in his life but all the Motown artists seem to love and respect him for what he did so, whats up with that ?

Who told you that?

captainjames - on a sidebar; One of the Andantes said [[its in their book and I can't remember which one said it) that Diana has carried alot of hurt around with her for a long time).

and we care about Diane's hurt because?

captainjames - I believe that because I believe she got blammed for a lot of things that was not in her doing. Mary is even quoted in the new box set of "Meet The Supremes" as saying that it wasn't Diana that went back and told Berry that Barbara wreck his car.
    I could go on and on about the different stories that have been told that have been proven LIES like trying to hit a blind kid or changing clothes but I won't.

Those were not lies. They were in Mary Wilson's first book and have been coborrated [[sp?) by several eyewitnesses. Why would all those people make these events up?

captainjames - It is what it is and its done and over.
    It's not over.....trust me! LOL!!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 10-11-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: clarification in responses

It's not over.....trust me! LOL!!!!
    My My My
    I think you just called Mary a Liar.

My My My
    I think you just called Mary a Liar.

You wished. That could never happen. Read it again and if you need help understanding what I wrote, feel free to ask and I'll try to help you.

Thanks

I read very well and I undestand better than you know and I realize you need help to confront your bitterness and hatred that you have carried around for so many years. You are not a Supreme and you were not there !!

Anyway, I hope Faith will get more sales out of her new CD which is probably the intention behind this and as far a movie or Bio...................time will tell. Until then ..............Next !!

I read very well and I undestand better than you know and I realize you need help to confront your bitterness and hatred that you have carried around for so many years. You are not a Supreme and you were not there !!
    Excuse me? My bitterness and hatred? Heck! I am probably the happiest guy that I know! LOL! I had nothing to do with these peoples character and behavor LOL! I am sorry if I upset you in someway. I really was under the impression that you could handle it. My bad.

Insults will get you nowhere. Now have a great day! LOL!!!!!