[REMOVE ADS]

Johnnie Taylor and Maceo

Hi,
    sax genius Maceo Parker reported his first own band [[Maceo And All The King's Men), at the end of that experience, backed Stax artist Johnnie Taylor [[1971-1972 circa).
    Please who knows details about it wake up and post it here.................

Sorry, blast, I don't know anymore than you do but reading that in Maceo's autobiography
    which 1) I assume you did too and 2) I highly recommend to all funkateers, I think Maceo meant onstage at individual gigs and he didn't say where. As much as I love reading musician's autobiographies to get a picture of their lives in their own words [[more or less)
    a comprehensive biography written by someone else after much research and interviews
    like say, John Szwed's excellent book on my beloved Sun Ra, is often closer to the truth. ..
    Not doubting Maceo. He along with the lates Jr Walker and King Curtis are my favorite
    saxophonists outside of jazz and he, not only was I lucky enough to meet is a beautiful, real
    and still inspiring cat...