[REMOVE ADS]

Red face The Cosby Show vs The Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Hi All: I don't know why my comment didn't post, but can you tell me which one you liked the best? I myself will have to think it over as I loved both shows.

Hi this is Kev-Lo

Definitely The Crosby Show Hands Down! The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air was good, But I only watched it because of Hillary, She was fine.

I can't stomach much of what Cosby does, so I'll take Fresh Prince any day over the Cosby Show.

The Cosby Show was the last television show I watched on a weekly basis. I've only seen a few episodes of Fresh Prince and Martin on youtube...

Although I liked the Fresh Prince, I have to go with the Cosby Show. I still watch reruns and my favorite episodes were when the family performed Ray Charles "The Night Time is The Right Time" and when Kenny sang the blues with B.B. King...hiliarious!!!!!

So many musicians that are no longer with us have appeared on the Cosby's show and I thank Mr. Cosby for that.

They were both solid shows but like someone said...Hillary was foine !
    @ NY Sister, no argument there, outstanding observation.......

I enjoyed both shows but the Cosby show was in a class all by itself. The Fresh Prince seems to have the lead here with bonus points for Hilary. Well Lisa Bonet was my girl.

I liked the Cosby show a little better than Fresh Prince..I thought it was cute when Cosby did the show where he spoke at
    his old college...and they showed all the old graduates who marched with their year of graduation signs...

Cosby Show..Lisa Bonet was a super cool minx..and the Mother was great..but I cant remember any of the episodes or story lines now..yet Sam and Diane fighting on Cheers I remember much more vividly...

I agree Karen Parsons [[Hillary Banks) was a beauty, as was Lisa Bonet early on in Cosby. I'd kill to be as pretty as Karen though.

While I can appreciate some aspects of the Cosby Show after the fact, damn near every script sounded like it was pre-approved by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. I personally like my comedy a little more hard edged.

pshark Guest
    Yeah it was a little too goody goody for my taste. Mrs Huxtable started getting
    on my nerves after awhile. Hey Tim, there was this one episode where Vanessa &
    her guy friend were listening to Cosmic Slop on the radio. Wasn't expecting that.
    I prefer Fresh Prince. Less preachy and more funny.
    Taxi, Barney Miller, Sanford & Son, What's Happenin, Cheers are more to my likings.
    And as for Lisa Bonet & Karen Parson goes, I wouldn't mind be the the jam between
    that sandwich

The Cosby Show for me. So many great memories attached to that particular show for me.

Two different shows,cosby was more family orientated while fresh prince was just stupid..and yes cos could be a bit much with his perfect kids[i could stomach it for the most part]while the fresh prince was pure buffonery,even today i can't take will smith seriously as an actor!

The Cosby show did it for me. There was so much black culture wrapped in so subtly. There was the art in the house, the references to HBCUs [Black colleges & universities], musical icons taken from their major element to "acting" on the small screen. One of my favorites had Nancy Wilson playing a family friend who with her husband, Cliff & Clare were dancing in the basement to a Walter Jackson groove shortly after his death. This was a very quiet tribute that many did not get. Mavis Staples jammed on "Wholy Holy" in an episode where the family attended a celebratory church service. BB King was a family friend. Don't forget Rudi as a Raelette.

Fresh Prince could get pretty serious - I think this might be Will Smith's best, it gets me every time I see it:

I never saw that Fresh Prince episode til this morning. Dang, that was deep...

Which Cosby Show? There have actually been two of them. There was one in the early 70s where he played a basketball coach.

soulster's got jokes...
    Actually, The Cosby Show and The Bill Cosby Show despite the fact they both starred
    William Cosby himself, were two different programs...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    soulster's got jokes...
    Actually, The Cosby Show and The Bill Cosby Show despite the fact they both starred
    William Cosby himself, were two different programs...

I know that. I was around back then.

Thanks for posting "Will and Hid Father's Farewell" drewschultz88. It gets me when I see it too. That is one of my favorite episodes.