[REMOVE ADS]

Seriously, what's your opinion of...

...of Randy Taraborrelli's Michael Jackson, The Magic, The Madness, the Whole Story?

Good, Bad, a little of both?

topdiva1 Guest
    Another attempt by Randy to make even more money rehashing an already well known story - there is nothing new here - just more research and cut and paste - one big Star Magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by chidrummer View Post
    ...of Randy Taraborrelli's Michael Jackson, The Magic, The Madness, the Whole Story?

Good, Bad, a little of both?
    Taraborrelli was more compassionate than other biographers. Allegedly, Michael Jackson continued to talk to Taraborrelli after his book had been published.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Taraborrelli was more compassionate
    than other biographers. Allegedly, Michael Jackson continued to talk to Taraborrelli after his book had been published.
    Taraborrelli did exhaustive research & interviews with hundreds of sources for this biography. He was editor of Soul Newspaper so he had extensive source files and notes. He had interviewed Michael Jackson personally. Whatever one thinks of him, Taraborrelli is a professional biographer who does not insert himself into his books to try and make himself seem important. Like I said, Taraborrelli was probably more compassionate about MJ than others. At least, he had a familiarity with his subject. He even had pictures of he & MJ together.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-07-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Chidrummer, J. Randy Taraborelli is a professional LEECH and don't let anyone tell you different. He was not even there for 99% of the situations he writes about. He is ONLY doing it for the money. He is no better than the National Inquirer.

Taraborrelli did exhaustive research & interviews with hundreds of sources for this biography. He was editor of Soul Newspaper so he had extensive source files and notes. He had interviewed Michael Jackson personally. Whatever one thinks of him, Taraborrelli is a professional biographer who does not insert himself into his books to try and make himself seem important. Like I said, Taraborrelli was probably more compassionate about MJ than others. At least, he had a familiarity with his subject. He even had pictures of he & MJ together.
    I know of very few biographers who spend years researching a subject, interviewing sources, travelling, etc. just to have their work sit on shelves or write books to have no one buy them. So Taraborrelli has made money as a biographer. That's what many biographers do.
    There's a big difference between a professional biographer and one who writes books filled with lies, gossip and innuendo. Also Taraborrelli is sometimes approached by publishing houses to write a biography. He has written biographies on more than just Motown notables.
    Taraborrelli is resented by some because he has done well and HE looks down on them. You've got these so-called writers who would love to be as well off as Taraborrelli reportedly is. These glory hounds would love to rub shoulders with him, but they can't. He avoids them because of the way they wrote about their subjects . Yes, Taraborrelli has written some harsh things about some Motown notables , but he has not maliciously lied about anyone or conspired and wimped out to get back into anyone's employment after he wrote about them.
    You have these media or glory- seeking whores who have only written one or two books calling Taraborrelli a hack, or cut & paste king [[have you seen the documentation he supplies in his books0 when they can't even get a publishing deal these days.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-07-2010 at 07:00 PM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Kamasu_jr

How brown is your nose - good god!!! Soul Magazine was not the New York Times - and your quote 'HE looks down on them", oh really. I would rather my heart pump piss than rub shoulders with Randy T.
    Last edited by topdiva1; 10-08-2010 at 03:18 PM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Chidrummer, J. Randy Taraborelli is a professional LEECH and don't let anyone tell you different. He was not even there for 99% of the situations he writes about. He is ONLY doing it for the money. He is no better than the National Inquirer.

You better preach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got people who have never written a book in their lives trying to criticize Taraborrelli. Like Isaid, there's a big difference between a professional biographer like Taraborrelli [[Yes, he makes money writing about others) and those media whores who barely wrote anything. I believe one writer's book was dictated to someone else, who actually wrote it, corrected his poor grammer, mispellings, and made clear the lies and BS in the book. Taraborrelli does not share writer's credits with anyone.
    Some of Taraborrelli's books have been reviewed by the New York Times. The same cannot be said for TopTurner's trash. By the way, what has TopTurner written lately?
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-07-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Kamasu_jr

How brown is your nose - good god!!! Soul Magazine was not the Hew York Times - and your quote '>>>HE looks down on them", of really. I would rather my hewart pump piss than rub shoulders with Randy T
    I find it funny how TopDiva -the self-appointed mouthpiece for Tony Turner - someone whose nose is so far up Turner's ass they probably know how aromatic Turner's turds smell - could accuse someone else of having a "brown nose."
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 10-07-2010 at 08:23 PM.

The original version of the book is fascinating - I gave my copy away to a bouncer I worked with a few years back,But with my first check from my new dj job next week Im purchasing another copy of it from Amazon..
    The best part of it is his writing on the Victory tour bulk ticket purchasing scam and Don King..those chapters are extremley well written..also Motown suing for the mistaken use of a J5 photo when the became the Jacksons..Paula Abdul and the trouble she caused the family were taken out in the second edition..I much prefer the original edition..the negotiations over the cancelled decade collection..a great read

I still have the 1st edition that came out in the late 80s or early 90s. After Michael died, I pulled it out and read it again. It's a good read.

Kamasu Jr. expresses my opinion of Randy as well.

I think he had a lot to be embarrassed about with Call Her Miss Ross. He did take some minor events and blow them up into the second coming. But he did the research he was able to do. His last book was as well researched as any biography. And he has made a career of it. He is sought out by a lot of TV shows; he has garnered some respect, some grudging, but respect nonetheless.

Of course, Tony Turner is hugely jealous of Randy. Randy is what Tony hoped he could be. But you cannot achieve that writing "trash talk" from the wrestling ring, most of it unsubstantiated.

I did not read the Jackson book, but I want to; and this makes it more interesting. I just have so many books to read!

Marv, you surprise me. I thought in your hatred of Diana, you would love Randy for putting her down and keeping her in her place, which I gather is somewhere in the unterclass. But I guess he double crossed you with his last book which really put her in a superior class of her own. How can you be supportive of Turner after the way he's written of Mary. That writing was shameful. The Enquirer never even talks that way.

Jobeterob, my opinion of you is much lower than that of Mr. Taraborelli ............

Marv

topdiva1 Guest
    You've got people who have never written a book in their lives trying to criticize Taraborrelli. Like Isaid, there's a big difference between a professional biographer like Taraborrelli [[Yes, he makes money writing about others) and those media whores who barely wrote anything. I believe one writer's book was dictated to someone else, who actually wrote it, corrected his poor grammer, mispellings, and made clear the lies and BS in the book. Taraborrelli does not share writer's credits with anyone.
    Some of Taraborrelli's books have been reviewed by the New York Times. The same cannot be said for TopTurner's trash. By the way, what has TopTurner written lately?

YOUR WRONG TURNER WAS REVIEWED BY THE NEW YORK TIMES AND CALLED THE FOURTH SUPREME!!!

So sit and rotate on that.

YOUR WRONG TURNER WAS REVIEWED BY THE NEW YORK TIMES AND CALLED THE FOURTH SUPREME!!!

And, you're wrong with your usage of the word "your", and your non-use of punctuation.

Wow, sorry for touching such a raw nerve, but let's try to keep it civil here.

Let's keep this to the facts of what's been published. Was what he wrote inaccurate, incomplete, or overly biased?

If T's book is not on point, who's book is?

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    And, you're wrong with your usage of the word "your", and your non-use of punctuation.

And who are you hooker - the PUNCTUATION POLICE - !!! - Now punctuate that!!!!!

topdiva1 Guest
    Wow, sorry for touching such a raw nerve, but let's try to keep it civil here.

Let's keep this to the facts of what's been published. Was what he wrote inaccurate, incomplete, or overly biased?

If T's book is not on point, who's book is?

No book is on point - that is just the point.

jonc Guest
    Oh dear. We do have a bitchy Viscountess in the club today. Lighten up old gal. It really isn't that important.

Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    Oh dear. We do have a bitchy Viscountess in the club today. Lighten up old gal. It really isn't that important.
    LOL You said it. Someone needs their hypertension meds.

So sit and rotate on that.
    It took you 24 hours to think up that response.
    Fourth Supreme my aunt Fanny! Show me the review from the NY times. And still, what has Tony Turner written lately?

I thought Taraborrelli's book was credible. Like someone else said: He knew his subject .
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 10-08-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Hooker? Wrong sex! LOL! Gigolo, maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    It took you 24 hours to think up that response.
    Fourth Supreme my aunt Fanny! Show me the review from the NY times. And still, what has Tony Turner written lately?
    The fourth Supreme? Is this Turner a chick or a dude?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    The fourth Supreme? Is this Turner a chick or a dude?
    LOL Tony Turner is biologically a male.
    Psychologically or mentally speaking, he's milk & cookies, as the late Bernie Mac once said..

and what the fuck does this all have to do with Randys Book ? y'all pissed and shat over a good thread again and ruined it.

nomis , I feel you , but you know what the deal is with opinions and such , be nice
    ONE!!!!!!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    and what the fuck does this all have to do with Randys Book ? y'all pissed and shat over a good thread again and ruined it.

I remain in agreement with you on this one - Randy's work should stand or fall on it's own merit - It is much like a school project but on a much larger scale. He put hours of research into putting his project together. His efforts where well rewarded

While Randy chose a career as a writer - Turner has not - Turner wrote - chatted - gossiped - his way into Fame and Fortune and all it's madness - in and on his own terms. Like Randys book - Turners book had an agenda - ALL writers have motivation - I would say in both of these cases the motivation was the same - FAME AND FORTUNE - the way they went about it - to put forth their books was different - the end result the same - money was made - stories where told - rumours where started.

They are only books filled with opinions and written in a different style. At the end of the day - what major important is ANY of these Motown books to the real state of the universe.

They only serve to make the writers rich - and to keep the public entertained and in a fit of praise or fury.

So, the verdict on the accuracy of T's book is....mixed?

Has anyone else done a better job?

topdiva1 Guest
    So, the verdict on the accuracy of T's book is....mixed?

Has anyone else done a better job?
    Nelson George has done the best job to date - in his book WHERE DOD OUR LOVE GO.