[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Lacey jones

Lacey jones

This is a brilliant and feisty number.I adore this cut. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S40oAYEtGmc
    Who is Lacey Jones?

I have no idea who she was. I bought that record in 1964. The back side is: "He Wishes I Were You", a C&W song, written by Buddy Mize. I never saw any other record by her. I never saw a venue advert for her. She must have been located in the NY metro Area, Äva/Choreo Records were in New York City. I lived in Chicago then [[which is one reason why I never heard of any appearances by her). But, I've looked through literally millions of 45s in my time, and never seen another record with her name on it. She may have been in some 60s NY girls groups.

Jackie Mills was her producer. He produced most of Äva and Choreo's non-Jazz records. "I'm Gonna Tie Him Down" was written by Buddy Mize, Girls Group writer, Jerry Riopelle and P.Knuckles [[Pig's Knuckles?-nom de plume?). The latter was the co-writer with Buddy Mize on the flip.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  21.1 KB

Thanks Robb K.I simply adore this song.I googled Jackie Mills and apparently he produced Bobby Sherman stuff.

Up for auction on ebay - 16 hours, zero bids:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LACEY-JONES-63-A...Music_on_Vinyl

Thanks Juicefree for the link.

It sold for $142.49 US.

Jackie Mills produced a fair amount of soul recordings. None of them hit it big nationally, so Wikipedia doesn't mention that. A LOT of his soul cuts were big on the Northern Soul scene.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  21.1 KB