[REMOVE ADS]

Philadelphia International: The Tom Moulton Remixes: Special Vinyl Edition

To celebrate the first anniversary of Harmless's biggest selling album, we're proud to announce the release of a special vinyl edition on 25/03/2013 - one year to the day that the CD was issued.

Name:  Moulton Vinyl Packshot.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  4.8 KB

Amazon Link:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philadelphia...1610457&sr=1-1

A1. Back Stabbers 9.36 The O'Jays
    A2. [[Win, Place Or Show) She’s A Winner 7.28 The Intruders
    B1. The Devil Made Me Do It 10.35 Robert Upchurch
    B2. Slow Motion 7.47 Johnny Williams

C1. The Love I Lost 12.28 Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
    C2. T.S.O.P The Sound Of Philadelphia 5.42 MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees
    D1. I'll Always Love My Mama 9.41 The Intruders
    D2. Dirty Ol' Man 8.17 The Three Degrees

E1. Let’s Groove 10.20 Archie Bell & The Drells
    E2. Love Train 6.14 The O'Jays
    F1. Love Is The Message 11.30 MFSB
    F2. Love Epidemic 7.32 The Trammps

G1.The Whole Town’s Talking 8.39 Billy Paul
    G2.Where Do We Go From Here 5.30 The Trammps
    H1. Don't Leave Me This Way 11.03 Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
    H2. Trammps Disco Theme/Zing Went The Strings 6.41 The Trammps

I1. Bad Luck 8.00 Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
    I2. Year Of Decision 6.44 Three Degrees
    J1. I Love Music 9.43 The O'Jays
    J2. Do It Any Way You Wanna 5.30 People's Choice

K1. You’ll Never Find Another Love Like Mine 9.57 Lou Rawls
    K2. When Will I See You Again 5.52 Three Degrees
    L1. This Time Baby 9.50 The O’Jays
    L2. Jam Jam Jam [[All Night Long) 7.42 People’s Choice

M1. Party Time Man 9.09 The Futures
    M2. I Don’t Love You Anymore 8.41 Teddy Pendergrass
    N1. See You When I Git There 9.36 Lou Rawls
    N2. Nights Over Egypt 9.12 The Jones Girls

O1. My Love Don’t Come Easy 10.46 Jean Carn
    O2. Trusting Heart 5.58 The Trammps
    P1. Where Will You Go When The Party’s Over 9.05 Archie Bell & The Drells

Ian D

Hi, Ian D

As you are like me a great Phillysound lover but immensely more connoisseur, perhaps you can explain something about artists who recorded at PIR and their stuff still on the vaults. Here's the thread I started the other day:

http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...unissued-stuff

Also when I readed "A House On Fire..." book, as my english is not fine don't well understand some things; for example, if Darlene Love recorded any thing or not before Ronnie Spector buyed her contract with G & H.

Thanks in advance and many thanks for your great work. The 40th Anniversary 10 CD's Box is a great realize and, in my case, having previously practically all on CD and / or vynil, the booklet with the exhaustive discography is really the main treasure. A little error I found immediately when I purchased it is the name of "Shirley Brown" in the picture by SHIRLEY JONES on the background of the packaging [[somebody was thinking on the singer of "Woman To Woman" at the time was writing, :-) )

A great salute!

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    Hi, Ian D

As you are like me a great Phillysound lover but immensely more connoisseur, perhaps you can explain something about artists who recorded at PIR and their stuff still on the vaults. Here's the thread I started the other day:

http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...unissued-stuff

Also when I readed "A House On Fire..." book, as my english is not fine don't well understand some things; for example, if Darlene Love recorded any thing or not before Ronnie Spector buyed her contract with G & H.

Thanks in advance and many thanks for your great work. The 40th Anniversary 10 CD's Box is a great realize and, in my case, having previously practically all on CD and / or vynil, the booklet with the exhaustive discography is really the main treasure. A little error I found immediately when I purchased it is the name of "Shirley Brown" in the picture by SHIRLEY JONES on the background of the packaging [[somebody was thinking on the singer of "Woman To Woman" at the time was writing, :-) )

A great salute!
    Thanks Manny! There's always a couple of things that slip through no matter how many people proof-read and you just spotted one of 'em.

Watch out for a forthcoming clip I'm going to put up of Richard Searling interviewing Kenny Gamble for some answers at least....

Ian D

Many thanks, Ian for your response.

During many time I think that the rumor that Raquel Welch recorded at PIR was true... until Bobby Eli, here at SDF, explains that all that it was is a pure negotiation without result. [[How many artists come to G & H to talk about the possibility to record at PIR or at the sigma studios under their direction... ???!!!).

Hi Manny,

Check your inbox.

I got this on CD last year. I like to hear remixes one or two times and then go back to the original. This set was the exception. The remixes are better than the originals and I have replaced the originals on some of my play lists with the remix versions. The nice thing about these remixes is that it does not disturb the integrity of the original. It enhances it. It was my favorite CD of the year.

Weldon McDougall III posted a ton of Philly pictures in 2004 on SDF...... including one of Raquel Welch with Gamble and Huff...... and a very natural and appealing one of The Three Degrees definitely worth revisiting!!!!

http://www.soulfuldetroit.com/archiv...tml?1093768009
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 03-01-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks, No place like Motown, I have been checking the message. A great salute to another phillysound lover.

Hi, Mikew - UK, I saw the great picture - collection by Weldon in the same time he posted here. And also the other collection by Bobby Eli. The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Philly Soul! And have been revisiting many times. The one of a very young Sharon Paige made me falling in love immediately with this nice woman... :-)

Finished copies arrived in the office yesterday and all I can say is, Wow! A beautiful thing to own.

Word of warning. We have now pre-sold 750 of the 1000 units we manufactured and because of the expense of pressing so much vinyl on anything less than a 1000 units, it's unlikely that we'll re-press unless we can guarantee another 1000 units at some point. So just 250 units left for anyone who hasn't pre-ordered already. Just saying like......

Now a phenomenal £57.86 inc delivery. This is a heavy package!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philadelphia...3086841&sr=1-1

Ian D

I thought I'd post this up as most Soulful Detroiters will appreciate the thrill of unwrapping various packages full of records. Well this is me unwrapping the first delivery of Philadelphia International: The Tom Moulton Remixes: Special Vinyl Edition.
    Exactly the same thrill as you have when opening a much anticipated record package except this time it's unwrapping the vinyl edition of Harmless's biggest-selling release of the last 12 months. So good it should be a time-capsule!

Ian D Opens The First Box Of "Philadelphia International: The Tom Moulton Remixes: Special Vinyl Edition"

Amazon Link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philadelphia...3698444&sr=1-1

Ian D
    Last edited by Ian Dewhirst; 03-19-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Ian:

You should post this info on Facebook's "The Sound Of Philadelphia" page. That page has 3,000 members!

Best,

Mike "Tequila" Wheeler
    Houston, Texas