[REMOVE ADS]

The Fantistic Four

I found this CD on www.allmusic.com but cannot find it anywhere else. It is called The Fantastic Four by the group of the same name. The songs are as follows:
    Get Ready
    Everlasting Love
    He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
    I Can't Help Myself
    My Girl
    Build Me Up Buttercup
    What Becomes of the Broken Hearted
    You Are the Best
    Higher and Higher
    Can't Take My Eyes of You
    Who Loves You
    Sweetest Angel

Thanks,
    Motown Steve

I looked MS but couldn't find it.......was this a UK release......????

There is nothing that would me to believe that. allmusic says '2008 CD Universal Distribution'. Thanks for trying.

Might it be an Ian Levine 'MotorCity' production job ??? [[lots of covers of old chart hits).

Steve can you provide a better link ? I am curious because when I go to the site I cant find anything beyond the albums I have in my collection ......

Didn't the The Fantastic Four had a self-titled Motown release in 1969?

Yes these are the LP/CD's that I have in my collection the bottom one is the one you are talking about Mary B..... the top 2 are two-fers that are availible on various web sites, BYOF was produced by our own Dennis Coffey. :

Name:  ff1.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  21.4 KBName:  ff2.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  23.1 KBName:  ff3.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  33.5 KB

The track listing is from an Ian Levine Motorcity label CD release, they are not Motown recordings.

Thanks for all the help. This is the link to what I found on http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...0:3zftxztkldte
    Regarding big_mac's comment, I'll look into that. I do not take what I find at www.allmusic.com as gospel. They still think Eddie Kendricks sang lead on "Ain't Too Proud to Beg".
    Motown Steve

Take a look at Amazon UK site for this release. You will see both artwork and tracklisting.

Thanks much. But something is not right here. First of all, the singers do not look like the same Fantastic Four that recorded for Ric-Tic and Motown. Also, the tower.com site lists the music as easy listening and world dance. I'm wondering if allmusic put the album by one group with albums by another group.

Hi MotownSteve, Take a look at Amazon UK where you will see this particular album. You are right, they look nothing like the Fantastic Four that recorded for Ric-Tic/Motown. In addition, the tracks are not from the Motorcity release "Back In Circulation" [[1992) either. None of the tracks are listed in DFTMC7 so they are not Motown recordings. Your assumption of a mix-up is possibly correct. Hope this helps.

The Fantastic Four had a great album out in 1975 called Fantastic Four - Alvin Stone [[The Birth And Death Of A Gangster) . I loved it.
    Last edited by marv2; 10-06-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by big_mac View Post
    Hi MotownSteve, Take a look at Amazon UK where you will see this particular album. You are right, they look nothing like the Fantastic Four that recorded for Ric-Tic/Motown.

Indeed !

I don't know who those guys are , but here are the Fantastic Four with Sweet James
    Last edited by marv2; 10-07-2010 at 11:24 AM.

Now that looks like the real deal. Thanks marv2

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Indeed !

These lool like a Rat Pack tribute group or a supper club or cruise line combo

pshark Guest
    George Clinton wrote "I'm Gonna Live Up What She Thinks" for them. And Parliament
    redone that tune w/ the late Glenn Goins on lead
    Last edited by pshark; 10-07-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks pshark. I'm surprise it is not on the Best of album which has a good amount of their Ric-Tic material.

pshark Guest
    Yeah I've been trying to find that on cd without any luck.

I took the liberty of searching for it for you and look what I found: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the...ur/id207251930

I just found you can download the CD for $9.49 on amazon. Good luck.

pshark Guest
    Thanks Steve. I should've made myself clear that it was Live Up that I was looking for.
    But thanks for your effort

I have the Alvin Stone / night People two on one C.D. LOVE the track HIDEAWAY. What a voice Sweet James had. Also have the Best of on UK Tamla Motown, simply called The Fantastic Four. All those classic Ric-Tic tracks..and THAT voice, plus GREAT harmonies. Its sad they never reached the hights of the Temps or Tops...Paulo XXX

I have the Alvin Stone/Night People twofer and a US pressing of the Best of the Fantastic Four. 1. I Love You Madly
    2. The Whole World Is A Stage
    3. You Gave Me Something [[And Everythings Allright)
    4. I've Got To Have You
    5. To Share Your Love
    6. Goddess Of Love
    7. Can't Stop Looking For My Baby
    8. As Long As I Live [[I Live For You)
    9. Man In Love
    10. Romeo And Juliet's 'I Don't Want To Live Without Y
    11. Just The Lonely
    ¥ 8,275 at amazon jp only a little over $100.00 I put there more for the track listing.
    I suggested to HW a few years ago that a Box Set by them would be very nice. He agreed and it ended there.