[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    jonc Guest
    Both actually Mr. Foster. I was a partner which made me a co-owner back in the late 90's but I've moved on to bigger and better things since then. Good sleuth work though I'll give you that.

Are you still a flora and fauna Funeral Home expert or are you now hawking your interior designer services? I was very impressed with your whorehouse red front parlor.
    Last edited by jonc; 10-16-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    Both actually Mr. Foster. I was a partner which made me a co-owner back in the late 90's but I've moved on to bigger and better things since then. Good sleuth work though I'll give you that.
    Well, you do a girl proud! And it was so brave of you to suddenly go "freelance" in the middle of the biggest economic downturn in 70 years. What guts it took to quit your job and go it alone in such a climate! Your'e very good at covering asses... you should get a job designing gowns for Aretha, she needs all the covering she can get! And i'm an expert on everything, don't you know that by now? don't question the qualifications of an expert.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 10-16-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Thank you Mr. Foster. Actually I left in 2001 before the big economic downturn. Check me out a bit more my darling and maybe you could post more factual information.

It's rich that you a Gay man would defend a known Homophobe like marv2. You've got to get some self pride Mr. F.
    It's an embarrassment of riches, dahhling. and I was referring to you not working for a company and only freelancing since January 2009.

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    It's an embarrassment of riches, dahhling. and I was referring to you not working for a company and only freelancing since January 2009.
    Made more money freelancing even in the economic meltdown dearie.

Made more money freelancing even in the economic meltdown dearie.
    Well hells bells... makes you wish you'd done it years ago, doesn't it! Take it from me, self employment is the only way to go. And look at it this way, if business gets slow, you'll always be able to come here and verbally spar with me. We are like the Krystle and Alexis of Soulful detroit, don't you agree?

jonc Guest
    Well hells bells... makes you wish you'd done it years ago, doesn't it! Take it from me, self employment is the only way to go. And look at it this way, if business gets slow, you'll always be able to come here and verbally spar with me. We are like the Krystle and Alexis of Soulful detroit, don't you agree?
    Only if I can be Alexis. LOL

Jill and Jonc..........you are two of my favorites; and I think you are often on the same page, on the same plane. Men, I want you to continue keeping Marv and TopDiva in line; so don't batter each other too bad.

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Jill and Jonc..........you are two of my favorites; and I think you are often on the same page, on the same plane. Men, I want you to continue keeping Marv and TopDiva in line; so don't batter each other too bad.
    Foster and I have alligator skin and have learned how to roll with the punches jobeterob. No0 need to worry about us. LOL

topdiva1 Guest
    I understand that most - not all - of this film will be based on The Lost Supreme by Peter Benjaminson. This is indeed the most comprehensive work on Flo Ballard to date.

If you have not purchased this book - you should.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

You sound like Diana - but Topdiva and Marv are not Flo Ballard - who really has to be on the same page as you - hear how you sound - so you only want chat from those who agree with you - and the rest you will keep in line - how small of you

I chose to listen and agree or disagree and hopefully learn from all.
    Last edited by topdiva1; 10-30-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    You should like Diana - but Topdiva and Marv are not Flo Ballard - who really has to be on the same page as you - hear how you sound - so you only want cjat from those who agree with you - and the rest you will keep in line - So baby Ross 0 without a Gordy
    Like someone else said, I have not seen the buzz around a proposed movie go silent so quick. Nobody is talking about a Flo Ballard movie but a few mouths on the forum.
    They are the only ones keeping this dream alive. At this point, Florence Ballard is forgotten. Teens and 20-somethings don't care about her, Diana Ross or Mary Wilson. And Rob, don't take the bait. his thread would die if certain people didn't keep it alive.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-30-2010 at 09:45 AM.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Like someone else said, I have not seen the buzz around a proposed movie go silent so quick. Nobody is talking about a Flo Ballard movie but a few mouths on the forum.
    They are the only ones keeping this dream alive. At this point, Florence Ballard is forgotten. Teens and 20-somethings don't care about her, Diana Ross or Mary Wilson. And Rob, don't take the bait. his thread would die if certain people didn't keep it alive.

You could be right about the movie not being made - but I am not ready to throw the towel in yet.

It is almost embarassing to hear you say something as dry and uninformed as that! Does this look like just a few mouths on this forum? You better wake up~!

http://www.google.com/search?q=faith...rceid=ie7&rlz=

You could be right about the movie not being made - but I am not ready to throw the towel in yet.
    He cannot EVER be right. It is not in his DNA! Go to "Google.com" and type in "Faith Evans as Florence Ballard" and see what comes up. It looks like this subject is being discussed on MANY forums by "20 somethings" who are not even the target market for this film. Kamasu would have you walking off a cliff listening to him.

smark21 Guest
    Faith Evans' new album came out a couple of weeks ago, when she was on the talk shows promoting it and talking about the Flo movie being a go. How well is the album selling?

Thumbs down

Inter
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It is almost embarassing to hear you say something as dry and uninformed as that! Does this look like just a few mouths on this forum? You better wake up~!

http://www.google.com/search?q=faith...rceid=ie7&rlz=
    Internet postings mean nothing to me. There's not one post from a legitimate media newspaper or magazine on a Florence Ballard movie. Bloggers steal from other bloggers. Marv2 ought to know, he certainly steals. Faith Evans.com is not a legitimate news source. I can post a thread saying I'm Jesus Christ and put it on Google or the Net, but it doesn't make it so. Like Ii said, don't believe the hype. These loonies can only keep this thread going for themselves.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-30-2010 at 04:51 PM.

He cannot EVER be right. It is not in his DNA! Go to "Google.com" and type in "Faith Evans as Florence Ballard" and see what comes up. It looks like this subject is being discussed on MANY forums by "20 somethings" who are not even the target market for this film. Kamasu would have you walking off a cliff listening to him.
    And this is coming from Marv2 who told the forum he was working on a Motown 50th TV spectacular. We are supposed to believe him? LOL. The Flo Ballard movie will appear in theaters when Marv's TV special airs and Mary Wilson's latest album escapes.
    Smark, I don't know how the Faith Eevans album is doing saleswise but I've not seen any videos or a commercial for it on BET or MTV.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-30-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Inter
    Internet postings mean nothing to me. There's not one post from a legitimate media newspaper or magazine on a Florence Ballard movie. Faith Evans.com is not a legitimate news source.
    Absolutely correct, I'll put my trust in Faux news and the papers with Dewey Deafeats Truman headlines.

Dont worry Marv I will be there for the Motown 50th!!!!!!

We are probably reaching Motown 55 now.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Dont worry Marv I will be there for the Motown 50th!!!!!!
    I'm not worried and good for you.

Happy Halloween Stephanie!
    Last edited by marv2; 10-30-2010 at 08:38 PM.

And this is coming from Marv2 who told the forum he was working on a Motown 50th TV spectacular. We are supposed to believe him? LOL. The Flo Ballard movie will appear in theaters when Marv's TV special airs and Mary Wilson's latest album escapes.
    Smark, I don't know how the Faith Eevans album is doing saleswise but I've not seen any videos or a commercial for it on BET or MTV.
    It wasn't me telling the forum about MY TV SPECIAL, that was your girlfriend Jonc saying that 5 million times. Don't you remember Kamasu? Come on, it hasn't been that long. Oh I guess out of sight means out of mind? Ok I get it. LOL!!!

Inter
    Internet postings mean nothing to me. There's not one post from a legitimate media newspaper or magazine on a Florence Ballard movie. Bloggers steal from other bloggers. Marv2 ought to know, he certainly steals. Faith Evans.com is not a legitimate news source. I can post a thread saying I'm Jesus Christ and put it on Google or the Net, but it doesn't make it so. Like Ii said, don't believe the hype. These loonies can only keep this thread going for themselves.
    If Internet postings mean nothing to you, then what are you doing here?

Absolutely correct, I'll put my trust in Faux news and the papers with Dewey Deafeats Truman headlines.
    Exactly! He just doesn't make sense.

Exactly! He just doesn't make sense.
    When i see something about a Flo Ballard movie in Variety, Entertainment Weekly, Billboard or Premiere Magazine - credible news sources - only then will believe it. Daily Variety and Variety have covered the entertainment and motion picture industry for years. There hasn't been any mention of a Flo Ballard movie in them. Can you not present one shred of factual or credible information - like which studio or production company is making this alleged film - from a legit news source, and not your co-zany JillFoster or some internet blog written by some fan who can't spell or punctuate?
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-31-2010 at 04:17 AM.

topdiva1 Guest
    When i see something about a Flo Ballard movie in Variety, Entertainment Weekly, Billboard or Premiere Magazine - credible news sources - only then will believe it. Daily Variety and Variety have covered the entertainment and motion picture industry for years. There hasn't been any mention of a Flo Ballard movie in them. Can you not present one shred of factual or credible information - like which studio or production company is making this alleged film - from a legit news source, and not your co-zany JillFoster or some internet blog written by some fan who can't spell or punctuate?

Is Miss Faith Evans not a credible source?

I am sure Miss Evans and her people know what studio, production company, screenwriter, director, book sources, interviews, - etc, etc, etc.

I am sure Miss Evans and her people know what studio, production company, screenwriter, director, book sources, interviews, - etc, etc, etc.
    Look here's the deal. Any of the people here questioning whether this film on the life of Florence Ballard will ever materialize actually are against any such a film. They are lying if they say that is not the truth. They are afraid that Diana Ross will be made to look bad. Now this is the truth. They fail to realize that this story is already out in the public and has been for decades now. What's done, is done. I have yet to see a public relations campaign by Ross or anyone else to refute what the public already believes and if you think you can change the public's mind about her after all these years [[without distorting the facts), you are a fool.

The film is about Florence, not Diane and Berry, although both played key, pivotal roles in the life of Ms. Ballard. They cannot help themselves when it comes to arguing with anyone that would like to see this film make it to the screen. It doesn't matter what you do or you say [[as the song goes), there is going to be a film [[one day!). If you are against the making of "The Florence Ballard Story" then just don't go to see it.

This all reminds me of the childrens Christmas cartoon "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". In the program, the Grinch [[Boris Karloff) makes the declaration "I Must Stop Christmas From Coming....." he tried his darnest to stop it, but it came anyway and he had to learn to accept it. That's what some folks are going to have to do regarding this film.

If Faith Evans knows what studio will bankroll her film and who will direct her and pen her script, she's certainly keeping this information close to her ches. With filming supposedly beginning in January, it seems to me such pertinent details would be in place and shared with the legitimate media. Again, show me an article from Variety, The Detroit News or the Atlanta Constitution Journal about Atlanta resident Faith Evans starring in a film about Florence Ballard. With filming sceduled to begin in Atlanta in January, there should be ads in the local papers for film crews, electricians, set decorators, etc. Where is that stuff? There's not even a title for this proposed film. It's not the "Florence Ballard Story." I'm waiting for something factual from something credible.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 10-31-2010 at 12:50 PM.

smark21 Guest
    I"ll ask my question again--how are sales for Faith Evans' album? Is it doing well? She was out promoting it a few weeks ago and that's when she talked about starring in the Florence Ballard story. Surely she would not be lying about making a movie about Flo just to boost her profile and make her seem busy with lots of projects and in demand in the film industry? No one in show business has ever resorted to such tactics, have they?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I"ll ask my question again--how are sales for Faith Evans' album? Is it doing well? She was out promoting it a few weeks ago and that's when she talked about starring in the Florence Ballard story. Surely she would not be lying about making a movie about Flo just to boost her profile and make her seem busy with lots of projects and in demand in the film industry? No one in show business has ever resorted to such tactics, have they?
    I don't know how you find out how Faith's album is selling. Billboard charts? etc.

topdiva1 Guest
    Let us just encourage the idea of Flo Ballard's story being told on film. I understand that most thought that Berry Gordy and Diana Ross would never pull off Lady Sings The Blues - and look what happened.

Stay positive - as Flo - like Billi Holiday and all the other forgotten or semi forgotten Diva's need to be remembered - like - Josephine Baker, Dorothy Danridge - etc. Both of those films were projects that people said could not be done.

Let us hope that the entire Flo Ballard/ orginal Supremes story has a shot, at last.