[REMOVE ADS]

Unsung: Eddie kendrick's airs wednesday

Tune in to TV One Wednesday, Feb. 27th.

I will miss it, but I will look for it online. Thanks for the heads up.

I can't wait, my favorite Temptation. Is it true that Clive Davis promised Eddie that he would make him a star at Arista? Wonder what happened? I bought both of Eddie's Arista albums, was quite disappointed. Nothing that could compare to his Motown recordings.

I'll post the link on Thursday

Ok this episode has surpassed the one on the Sylvers as being the best in my opinion! They covered all the bases, although I think they went a little too far showing Eddie's chest X-rays of the cancer. All and all a good program and well balancing of his professional live with his personal life. I was pleased they included his youngest son, Paul Kendricks in the program. He is good friends with my nephew.

Wow, really? Chest xrays? [[I missed this last night - dangit!)...I certainly hope that the executor of his estate authorized this, or else it's a violation of HIPPAA...

Did they say if he named his youngest son after Paul Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by GrtGzu View Post
    Wow, really? Chest xrays? [[I missed this last night - dangit!)...I certainly hope that the executor of his estate authorized this, or else it's a violation of HIPPAA...

Did they say if he named his youngest son after Paul Williams?
    They did not say it, but I know he did. His son has said it.

This was one episode where they really needed more time. There was so much territory to cover and IMO, they didn't do all that well. It was really rushed. I don't feel like I learned anything about Eddie that I didn't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    This was one episode where they really needed more time. There was so much territory to cover and IMO, they didn't do all that well. It was really rushed. I don't feel like I learned anything about Eddie that I didn't already know.
    The main reason that we did not learn anything we didn't already know is because Eddie Kendricks is not really "Unsung".

The part about Diana Ross breaking the window at Eddie's wife's house is something new. LOL!

I knew that part would stick out in some minds. But I agree with Reese. This was another episode where I feel they left out more than they told.

Totally agree Marv-I was mesmerized. And Eddie's ex wife saying she couldnt bear to think about DIana's behavior--didnt know about that! I didnt quite understand why they had memebers of the Temptations Review besides Dennis on.

I knew that part would stick out in some minds. But I agree with Reese. This was another episode where I feel they left out more than they told.

You know it. That's why they think it was the best unsung. They learned something new about their favorite.... Diana Ross. His wife must have said something slick about Diana and Diana wasn't havin' it. She went over there to whip that ass. That's why his wife said she really didn't want to think about it. LoL.
    Last edited by skooldem1; 02-28-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Can we all get back on topic. This is about Eddie. I enjoyed the program because Eddie [[and Paul) are my favorite Temptations.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    A full length movie or at last a true documentary of Eddie's life would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    The sure did leave things out such as Eddie Kendricks business ventures like the record store and restaruant in Detroit he had at one time. On the personal side they left out a lot of things as wel such as the time he tried to help Florence Ballard when she was down and out.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Totally agree Marv-I was mesmerized. And Eddie's ex wife saying she couldnt bear to think about DIana's behavior--didnt know about that! I didnt quite understand why they had memebers of the Temptations Review besides Dennis on.
    I understood why they included David Sea [[from the Temptations Review) because he performed and spent a great deal of time with Eddie during the latter part of his career. He performed with Eddie & David as background before Dennis developed his "Temptations Review" act.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post

You know it. That's why they think it was the best unsung. They learned something new about their favorite.... Diana Ross. His wife must have said something slick about Diana and Diana wasn't havin' it. She went over there to whip that ass. That's why his wife said she really didn't want to think about it. LoL.
    No, it just adds to the list the number of married men that the single Diane Ross was fooling around with and that there are people out there that remember it. I am not surprised. It is totally within Ross' character.................. That's why she got her ass beat numerous times in Detroit.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-28-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Why do you insist on derailing every thread? Diana and Eddie dated before he was married.

Should have been at least 90 minutes. They didn't even mention "It's So Hard For Me To Say Goodbye", his best solo release imo.

Shelley Berger and Otis Williams certainly have a way of remembering events in a way that suits their own personal interests. I thought Dennis Edwards and Martha Reeves comments were the most enlightening. I enjoyed his daughter's remarks too.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    No, it just adds to the list the number of married men that the single Diane Ross was fooling around with and that there are people out there that remember it. I am not surprised. It is totally within Ross' character.................. That's why she got ass beat numerous times in Detroit.

What are your thoughts about a single Mary dating a very married Tom Jones? Just curious.
    And I apologize for taking Marv's bait. Here is another thread that Marv turned into a Diana topic and then people like me continue it. Why does not Ralph see the original cause of why threads go downhill.

I recorded the Eddie Unsung and will watch it later.

http://m.tvone.tv/content/tvone_site...ks-.touch.html

It keeps stopping and loading and then going back to the beginning. If someone has a better link, can they post it please

It is on again Sunday March 3, 7PM EDT on TV One

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Should have been at least 90 minutes. They didn't even mention "It's So Hard For Me To Say Goodbye", his best solo release imo.

Shelley Berger and Otis Williams certainly have a way of remembering events in a way that suits their own personal interests. I thought Dennis Edwards and Martha Reeves comments were the most enlightening. I enjoyed his daughter's remarks too.
    If Eddie were alive he would tell you that Shelly Berger and Otis are lying ,uh urrr inaccurate.

I enjoyed Dennis, Martha and Mary Wilson's contributions to the program. I was surprised that they did not include Eddie's brother Clarence or other relatives. It was only an hour long show I guess. No comments from Berry Gordy and Frank Wilson may have passed on by the time of production for the show. They never mentioned Kell Osborne by name but I was sure they would talk about the restaruant and record store.

If Eddie were alive he would tell you that Shelly Berger and Otis are lying ,uh urrr inaccurate.

I enjoyed Dennis, Martha and Mary Wilson's contributions to the program. I was surprised that they did not include Eddie's brother Clarence or other relatives. It was only an hour long show I guess. No comments from Berry Gordy and Frank Wilson may have passed on by the time of production for the show. They never mentioned Kell Osborne by name but I was sure they would talk about the restaruant and record store.
    Yeah, I know. Otis and Shelley both tend to play fast and loose with the facts whenever they are interviewed. Mary looked great and it was nice to see Bubba Knight being included. Would have liked to hear Berry's input, but I'm not surprised he didn't participate. At least they mentioned that he bailed Eddie out of jail when his daughter's momma got him locked up. I know from experience that those jokers at Friend of Court don't play around.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    What are your thoughts about a single Mary dating a very married Tom Jones? Just curious.
    And I apologize for taking Marv's bait. Here is another thread that Marv turned into a Diana topic and then people like me continue it. Why does not Ralph see the original cause of why threads go downhill.

I don't know. Mary was on the program, but they did not discuss that last night. Eddie's wife did discuss [[somewhat) Diane Ross coming after her husband and becoming violent. This piece of the puzzle helps to explain the distance between Eddie and Berry Gordy Jr.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-28-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Yeah, I know. Otis and Shelley both tend to play fast and loose with the facts whenever they are interviewed. Mary looked great and it was nice to see Bubba Knight being included. Would have liked to hear Berry's input, but I'm not surprised he didn't participate. At least they mentioned that he bailed Eddie out of jail when his daughter's momma got him locked up. I know from experience that those jokers at Friend of Court don't play around.
    Oh yes I forgot, I was pleasantly surprised to see Bubba Knight. Nice contribution. Yeah, I was in the church at David Ruffin's funeral when Eddie was arrested. That was totally in poor taste and at the wrong time. I thought it was done just to embarass him. I believe Martha was the one that called Berry for help.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-28-2013 at 04:52 PM.

I liked the episode. I would also like to see one done on Paul Williams and Dennis Edwards.

Rosa Refried Guest

Eddies oldest daughter is GORGEGOUS and very articulate.
    Last edited by marv2; 03-02-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Can't believe it, but that show made the Temptations movie Temptations actually pretty nice, behind the music-wise. Perhaps it's just one will never know truly how much drama is there involved, in a musical performing group, where each and every member has the voice, talent, to lead, unless one is actually part of one, let alone the stressful costs of touring and success.

Don't worry, what they exuded into the public, their messages, from "The Way You Do the Things You Do", to "The Girl's Alright With Me", to "My Girl", to "You're My Everything", to "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me", to "Just My Imagination", and beyond, such as "Treat Her Like A Lady", and "This Is My Promise", shall always gain my admiration, for their part in ingraining upon me how to act like a gentleman, how to walk like a gentleman, how to move like a gentleman, how to be a gentleman - as for their shows, music, they were gentlemen all the way.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 02-28-2013 at 09:38 PM.

alexgarret Guest
    No, it just adds to the list the number of married men that the single Diane Ross was fooling around with and that there are people out there that remember it. I am not surprised. It is totally within Ross' character.................. That's why she got her ass beat numerous times in Detroit.
    Wow - it sounds like you have some deep seated resentment towards Diana - care to share the dirt? Has she done something to you personally?

Quote Originally Posted by alexgarret View Post
    Wow - it sounds like you have some deep seated resentment towards Diana - care to share the dirt? Has she done something to you personally?

It's not that deep. Everything I said in my post is true.

alexgarret Guest
    That's all you've got? I love all the Supremes and their personal lives don't bother me. I'm just curious why you call out Diana with Eddie's wife. If there was a TV special about Tom Jones wife and she called out Mary, would you be jumping for joy?

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Thank you for posting this episode. It was real moving and real sad but so great to see the love the first Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves had and has for Eddie. Martha Reeves is Motowns greatest ambassador and she so articulate.

Thank you again glencro.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by alexgarret View Post
    That's all you've got? I love all the Supremes and their personal lives don't bother me. I'm just curious why you call out Diana with Eddie's wife. If there was a TV special about Tom Jones wife and she called out Mary, would you be jumping for joy?
    I asked him this question already and he did not answer it

What are your thoughts about a single Mary dating a very married Tom Jones? Just curious…..
    I specifically asked what his thoughts were and instead of giving his opinion on the incident as he did on the Diana incident, he replied that Mary was on the program and did not discuss it.

I don't know. Mary was on the program, but they did not discuss that last night….
    He would make a good politician. They also evade asked questions by answering unasked questions.

I may be a little curious as to what Mary and DIana and all the former Supremes do in their private lives, but it is what they do on stage and recordings that interests me.

alexgarret Guest
    milven - I'm just glad that Diana and Mary are both are around still singing. I see them whenever I can. I find it fascinating that some people seem so invested in lives of entertainers. How great would it be if Flo was still around?

I agree. I see them anytime they are performing in my area or are on TV. I appreciate them even more as every week, we seem to be reading about the passing of another Motown great.

This UNSUNG was so sad! I mean they showed Eddie at the end, the pics of the lungs, and the being sad for the squirrel! This man was a sensitive person. I must say it was pretty good and the story about Miss Ross was interesting....

Can't wait to see this one, the DVD is winging it's way across the Atlantic now!