[REMOVE ADS]

Does anybody remember a group called The Larks

When attending high school in Philadelphia, Pa. in the mid/late 60's aspiring singers/groups would frequently go in the boys bathrooms and harmonize/sing popular songs. One of the songs that always stayed in my mine was called Fabulous Cars and Diamond Rings by the Larks. Does anybody remember this song/group? Also, what other songs do you remember guys getting together either in school bathrooms or on the street corners to sing during the 60's era.

Good Morning Goomba...

There were several groups known as the Larks.

Back in the day groups named themselves after Birds-Cars ans even Wristwatches.
    The Bathrooms had Great Acoustics and were frequently used for Tight Harmonies.
    The Street Corner was the FIRST STAGE because it was illuminated and would draw attention.

**************THERE WERE MANY STREET CORNER-BATHROOM HARMONY SONGS********

Your A Thousand Miles Away
    Daddy's Home
    Why Do Fools Fall In Love
    Blue Moon
    My True Story
    Under The Boardwalk
    You Belong To Me

The Coasters, Drifters,The Four Seasons, Dion and The Belmonts and the Moonglows Songs were always fun to sing.

There was always one neighbor in every community within close distance who would either throw water out on you ,call the Cops or Beg you to SHUT UP!

Oh those days of innocence...NO ONE PULLED OUT AN UZI [[ SMILE)

Abraham Smooth Wilson
    Last edited by smooth; 02-24-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goomba View Post
    When attending high school in Philadelphia, Pa. in the mid/late 60's aspiring singers/groups would frequently go in the boys bathrooms and harmonize/sing popular songs. One of the songs that always stayed in my mine was called Fabulous Cars and Diamond Rings by the Larks. Does anybody remember this song/group? Also, what other songs do you remember guys getting together either in school bathrooms or on the street corners to sing during the 60's era.
    Yes, I remember that Larks group. "Fabulous Cars and Diamond Rings" [[on Guyden Records) was a minor hit in some markets. They were a group from Ohio, not to be confused with Weldon McDougall's Larks from Philadelphia, or Don Julian's Meadowlarks-changed to Larks from L.A.. or New York's Larks on Apollo Records.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  21.1 KB
    I heard young groups singing:
    Over The Rainbow
    In The Still of the Nite
    Sincerely
    I Love You So
    Earth Angel
    A Thousand Miles Away
    Only You
    My Prayer
    Blue Moon
    Why Do Fools Fall In Love
    A Sunday Kind of Love
    Whispering Bells
    Up On The Mountain
    At My Front Door
    Stormy Weather
    Golden Teardrops
    Why Don't You Write Me
    Most of All
    Oh What A Nite
    Gloria

SMOOTH, MIKEW-UK, ROBB_K:

Thanks for your feedback. I found the song "fabulous cars and diamond rings" on Youtube and on Amazon, it was on the album The Best of the Larks. YEAH that is the one I remember. I tried to post the Youtube version without success. Maybe one of you can help!
    Last edited by goomba; 02-24-2013 at 01:46 PM.

I remember them.

MIKEW-UK:

Thanks so much! That song brings back so many memories!