[REMOVE ADS]

Rest in Peace Damon Harris ~

Vonnie Eli had trouble posting so she wanted me to let the forum know that Damon Harris formerly of The Temptations passed away of prostrate cancer.

Our condolences go out to Damon's family & friends.
    God Bless.

S.S.

Young Damon ~
    Name:  000 - DamonHarris-Silk-frontsm.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  19.3 KB

From "A Former Temptation's Story" ~
    Name:  00 - temptations_story2.jpg
Views: 2886
Size:  72.1 KB

So sorry to hear the news.

My condolences to his family and friends.

May Mr. Harris Rest In Peace...

~~Mary~~

Goodbye to one of the best tenors in the industry.

RIP Damon and condolences to the family.

Russell Thompkins Jr.

Very sad and so young.

I know Mr. Harris would be happy to hear he has caused more men to get PSA tests done...........a simple blood test which is an early predictor of prostate cancer. This is the most prevalent kind of cancer in all men and is even more prevalent in men of African American descent. And it is the most treatable of cancer if caught before it escapes from the prostate. Get a PSA test if you are over 50.

Rest in peace Mr. Harris; thank you for your activism for early detection and prevention of prostate cancer; condolences to his family.

And I had forgotten it was his voice on songs like Psychedelic Shack rather than Eddie's.

What a True Gentleman and such an Amazing Vocalist, No One for me was so close to the pure vocal of Eddie Kendrick as Damon.

As I said Damon was such a Gentleman as well as talented, always had time to chat even when sick. I just feel he deserved more recognition as an artist.

Damon Rest in Peace, thanks for being You! condolences to his Family & Friends!

Can I echo jobeterob comments re prostate cancer detection. He had massive shoes to fill in the Tempts and pulled it off.
    However Psychedelic Shack was Eddie.

It's weird how often the facts get mixed up on Damon's career, even eurweb has him on hits
    recorded before he joined the group. One site even has him in the band Chow Nasty but that's a totally different Damon Harris. It was indeed our Damon on Papa Was A Rolling Sone
    which won them a grammy and his sweet refrain on Heavenly , "I may not be the one you want but I'm sure the one you need" has been stuck in my head for decades now. He never
    truly got his props for what he did for the group and though I heard he got the big head earlier I've always thought Otis would have done better to try and reason with him, NOT
    fire him. RIP, Damon....

Rest in Peace Damon...

God Bless you for providing guys like me the Direction and Voice.
    You Fit nicely into the very big shoes of Mr Eddie Kendricks and those were not easy shoes to fill!
    Always will remember your Beautiful Falsetto.

My condolences to the Harris Family.

Abraham Smooth Wilson

He fought a long and hard battle. Rest in Peace Mr. Harris.

As for man, his days are as grass, as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone, and the place thereof shall know it no more. But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children, to such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commmandments to do them. The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens, and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Damon Harris is now in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Roberta

To Damon:
    You fought the good fight of faith and you battled that cancer to the end.
    Thank you for your warrior spirit.

Russell

you are a class act

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    It's weird how often the facts get mixed up on Damon's career, even eurweb has him on hits
    recorded before he joined the group. One site even has him in the band Chow Nasty but that's a totally different Damon Harris. It was indeed our Damon on Papa Was A Rolling Sone
    which won them a grammy and his sweet refrain on Heavenly , "I may not be the one you want but I'm sure the one you need" has been stuck in my head for decades now. He never
    truly got his props for what he did for the group and though I heard he got the big head earlier I've always thought Otis would have done better to try and reason with him, NOT
    fire him. RIP, Damon....
    Splanky, did Damon also lead on Love Woke Me Up This Morning? Another question; was Damon the lead on the song "Love is Here" by the Futures? In my opinion, Damon matched Eddie's sweet vocals like no one else.

May God Rest his Soul and bring comfort to his family.

Very sorry to hear of this,damon will always be a temptation and his smooth tenor was one of the best in soul music,amoung my favs by the temps are his leads on[love woke me up this morning-and the always too cool-smooth sailing]r.i.p.

Name:  notdamonharris.jpg
Views: 3051
Size:  94.6 KBThe Boston Globe published a pic under Damon's obit,
    misidentifying Terry Weeks as Damon Harris.

edafan
    Last edited by edafan; 02-25-2013 at 06:58 PM.

I wrote an email to the news editor.
    Today, I checked the obit for Damon Harris
    and they had removed the
    incorrect picture.

edafan

Name:  terry weeks.jpg
Views: 2467
Size:  12.8 KBThe parent company of the Boston Globe,
    the New York Times,
    published this today

"Correction: February 26, 2013

A photograph with an earlier version of this obituary was posted in error. It showed another member of the Temptations, not Damon Harris."

But here is the wrong picture they put in today's New York Times.

Edafan
    Damon rest in peace
    we love you

So sorry... we are classic soul aficionados and our heroes are, in general, very old people... so, tragically we read these bad news so frequently... Not exactly on the case of Mr. Damon [[I think he shouldn't old) and this is something more sad. My true condolences to his family & friends.

Papa was a rolling stone is a favorite of mine since my teens and his falsetto voice on this masterpiece song is on my mind until today. As the entire All directions album or some Impact tunes on wich he sang leads.

NY Sister,

if I have well understand your question, at the time The Futures recorded "Love Is Here", the line-up comprised Jon & james King, Frank Washington, kenny Crew and Harry McGilberry [[I think the last was the one who after joined The Temptations).

Rip damon harris

The New York Times removed the erroneous
    photo of Terry Weeks, which they said was
    Damon Harris.

Damon R.I.P.

edafan

I know I'm late...but I couldn't speak when Damon died. I was really
    praying and rooting for Damon. He fought a long time and a good fight!!
    Damon death really Grieved me and I cryed & Cryed and then just STUNN!!@
    Richard Street a few days later..[[though I know he almost died a few years ago)
    But the news of their death rocked my world like Michael Jackson passing...I couldn't
    believe it and was just in denial.

I don't feel Damon gets the props for his role in the Temptations that he's due
    but then neither did his Temp Brother Richard Street..who died the same
    month as Damon. It Ok Now they will get their reward in [[[[HEAVEN))!!!!!!
    Rest In Peace Damon & Richard~~ Damon the best Temp to ever do it replacing
    Eddie Kendrick..he was just amazing!!!!...We will always remember you Damon &
    Richard...Much Love!!!! Brothers.
    Last edited by eener; 04-26-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Eener I feel the same way you do especially about Richard Street he was there for a long time. Damon had a beautiful voice and was a fitting Temptation.