[REMOVE ADS]

Sly and the family stone on soul train

Hey there everyone! Below is a link to my article about Sly & the Family Stone's one and only appearance on Soul Train. Hope you enjoy!

http://soultrain.com/2013/02/18/soul...-family-stone/

Awesome story, thanks! I just bought "There's a Riot Going On" on CD [[replacing my old vinyl) and of course, it's awesome! Love the slowed up version of "Thank You for Lettin' Me ..."

Thanks for the excellent story.

Hey Funkyone, any plans to release a DVD of the show?

Sly's performances of I Want To Take You Higher and Dance To The Music are part of the multi-artiste DVD Soul Train compilations from a couple of years back. I have the performances on the 2DVD 'Best Of Soul Train' set [[disc one - episode 105).

I also highly recommend Sly and the Family Stone's appearance on Music Scene. It is/was available on the 'Best Of Music Scene 1969-1970 Vol 1' DVD which came out in 2000. The band appeared on the Oct 20th 1969 show and performed Everyday People, Dance To The Music, Hot Fun In The Summertime and Don't Call Me Nigger, Whitey. Live and exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Sly's performances of I Want To Take You Higher and Dance To The Music are part of the multi-artiste DVD Soul Train compilations from a couple of years back. I have the performances on the 2DVD 'Best Of Soul Train' set [[disc one - episode 105).

I also highly recommend Sly and the Family Stone's appearance on Music Scene. It is/was available on the 'Best Of Music Scene 1969-1970 Vol 1' DVD which came out in 2000. The band appeared on the Oct 20th 1969 show and performed Everyday People, Dance To The Music, Hot Fun In The Summertime and Don't Call Me Nigger, Whitey. Live and exciting!
    The Music Scene footage is far better than the Soul Train footage, which is quite choppy on that compilation DVD. And of course, the MS footage features the original band.

There were so many people on stage, it looked like a traffic jam.

Timmy, what do you mean by "choppy" on the Soul Train DVD? Bad transfer? Incomplete performance?

thanx for sharing funyone71...great clip

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    Timmy, what do you mean by "choppy" on the Soul Train DVD? Bad transfer? Incomplete performance?
    Edited beyond recognition.