[REMOVE ADS]

New Hullabaloo - 60s Pop Flashback on PBS

Hi everyone - here's the latest on my newest project - here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU1tXwpPvm0

The show premieres March 2nd [[9pm in Detroit on WTVS) on many PBS stations [[check local listings).

It's part of a new CD and new DVD package [[including 4 new to DVD episodes) of the classic 60s series. I have to say, Dione Warwick's "Reach Out For Me" is amazing.

Hope you like the preview.
    - tj

Hmmmmm! I've been watching old episodes of Hullabaloo lately. Interested in seeing what this new DVD package will be. A company licensed and released old episodes of the show a few years back. Many of these are still circulating.
    Dionne Warwick was on Hullabaloo a lot. Reach Out For Me is the performance where she steps out of the giant mock up of Make Way For Dionne Warwick. When I first saw it, my jaw dropped open. I still wonder how much time went into staging that.

The preview was put together nicely.
    I also see that some of the Hullabaloo dancers will be a part of the PBS show. I wonder what Lada Edmond Jr. looks like now. And there is some confusion over the identity of the black female dancer who was on the show. Some say she was Mabel Robinson, but on one episode I think the black female dancer was identified as "Barbara" somebody. I couldn't understand the audio.
    The Asian male dancer was Patrick Adiarte, who was featured in the film Flower Drum Song and went on to appear on TV shows like MASH.
    Most music fans know that Donna Mckechnie [[a Detroiter) and Michael Bennett ,who went on to do Chorus Line and Dreamgirls, were also Hullabaloo dancers.
    I find all the behind the scenes stuff fascinating.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 02-17-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Hello tj,

I loved the show in the '60's. I really hope my local PBS affiliate airs your show. We don't always get the best music specials in Maine. I'll be on the lookout.

~~Mary~~