[REMOVE ADS]

Attention Soul collectors! Looking for Mad Lads photos/Memorabilia for documentary

Hey guys! This is a shot in the dark but I'm sure somebody might have something on here... I'm looking for Mad Lads related Memorabilia [[Photos/concert programs/newspaper clippings/radio charts ect..) for an upcoming documentary on the group that will hopefully be airing on PBS sometime later this year... If you have or know somebody who maybe have something Mad Lads related please contact me!

Please note: I'm looking for Hi-res [[300 DPI or higher scans) You will be credited in the documentary for whatever is supplied.

I can be reached at the following email: bodiddleyman@Gmail.com

thanks, Colton

Hi Colton, did my photo work for you? I never heard anything back.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    Hi Colton, did my photo work for you? I never heard anything back.
    Hi Nosey,

Yes it did! That's weird since I wrote you back after I got it. Do you have a new email address now?

Was the 1966 Carr's Beach Show ad I sent along of use ??
    ALSO the Mad Lads were down to perform on the 1966 & 1967 WDAS Freedom Shows in Philly [[see other thread for more details on this event). Annual presentation [[usually in March each year); massive act line up & audience numbers.
    There's info on these shows [[including backstage photos) on the WDAS site on the net.
    My mate has access to the souvenir printed progs from both shows.
    Last edited by jsmith; 02-17-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Wouldn't the Stax Museum here in Memphis also be a logical place to ask for help? Also the Concord Music Group and Atlantic Records, which owns some of the Stax masters. I've seen photos of the Mad Lads in the Commercial Appeal and other local papers.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 02-17-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    Was the 1966 Carr's Beach Show ad I sent along of use ??
    ALSO the Mad Lads were down to perform on the 1966 & 1967 WDAS Freedom Shows in Philly [[see other thread for more details on this event). Annual presentation [[usually in March each year); massive act line up & audience numbers.
    There's info on these shows [[including backstage photos) on the WDAS site on the net.
    My mate has access to the souvenir printed progs from both shows.
    yes it was! Thanks again for sending that along.. I was going to respond but was busy. I just send the WDAS folks an email asking if they had any Mad Lads photos. Thanks for all the help Jsmith!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Wouldn't the Stax Museum here in Memphis also be a logical place to ask for help? Also the Concord Music Group and Atlantic Records, which owns some of the Stax masters. I've seen photos of the Mad Lads in the Commercial Appeal and other local papers.
    Yes they are helping with the project but I'm looking for different sources that would have more candid photos.

Quote Originally Posted by MadLad View Post
    Yes they are helping with the project but I'm looking for different sources that would have more candid photos.
    Then I would try the local papers in Memphis. I know I saw a casual shot of the Mad Lads at a Blues on the Bluff event. I don't know when it was but it was a recent casual shot used for the society or party section. Here's the link.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/phot...jul/26/179194/
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 02-18-2013 at 11:05 AM.

The Mads Lads were part of this presentation staged at the Apollo in 1966 ........

Attachment 6200

MadLad, did you ever hear back from WDAS about the Mad Lads being on the Freedom Shows in Philly.
    If so, I'd love to know what they told you about those appearances.

Another Mad Lads show ...... 1969 this time in Baltimore ...
    Attachment 6204

When did the group give up touring all across the US and just stay 'close to home' ?

Hi Nosey,

Yes it did! That's weird since I wrote you back after I got it. Do you have a new email address now?
    You had my work email and I've since retired. My new addy is cyndy2242@hotmail.com

Hi Nosey,

You had my work email and I've since retired. My new addy is cyndy2242@hotmail.com