[REMOVE ADS]

Richard Fisher -- Jive Five

I know Richard Fisher [[brother to the late Jesse Fisher) grew up in Cleveland and had sung as a solo artist [[& in early groups) before he joined the Jive Five in 1967 [[1966?).
    He sang lead on a number of the groups recordings before leaving in 1971.
    He also had a solo 45 out on Little Rick Records [[which was owned / run by NY DJ 'Little Rick' -- Richard Ziegler). This outing was the great track "Turn The Page". The producer of Richard's solo effort was Otis Pollard [[manager of the Jive Five), so I'd guess it was cut during the period Richard was with the group [[though it was actually released till much later).

BUT what became of Richard after 1971, anyone know ??

RICHARD with the Jive Five [[in their UA / Veep days) ........
    Attachment 6109

Hello jsmith,

It just so happens I work for Eugene Pitt. I will ask him when I talk with him next.

I do know Richard sang lead on the following songs with the Jive Five~~"You're A Puzzle", "No More Tears" and "You Showed Me The Light of Love".

Here is the link to a comprehensive and accurate interview with Eugene done by SDF member Heikki Suosalo for "SoulExpress":

http://www.soulexpress.net/jivefive.htm

Eugene mentions Richard's time with the group in the article.

~~Mary~~

Mary, thanks for that.
    I'd love to know how Richard joined the group [[no doubt Eugene saw him performing somewhere, was impressed & hired him for the group).
    ALSO if Eugene knows what he got up to after he left the Jive Five [[around 1972/73 ? ).

Hi jsmith,

I do know Otis Pollard, the Jive Five's manager at the time, brought Richard into the group. I have a call in to Gene now, and your question is one of the things I'll ask him about.

~~Mary~~

Hi,

I just talked with Gene. He said after Richard left the group he heard he went back to Ohio. He also said he's never heard from Richard since. Neither has anyone else in the group.

~~Mary~~

Many thanks for the info.
    Richard had a [[solo) 45 out in 1983 on the NY based Little Rick label.
    Otis Pollard produced the track which almost certainly dates from the late 60's [[or early 70's).