[REMOVE ADS]

What's in a name

I'm sure that this has come up before but how did you get your screen name? My middle name is Glen and last name is Cross hence GLENCRO

My screen name is my real name. I think one of my favorite names on here is West Grand Boulevard!

Mine too, Stephanie - and thanks! LOLOL

I couldn't believe my luck when I originally applied, and found I was able to have it as my screen name

My nickname "Soul Sister" was given to me by members of The Jive Five in early 1966 when they called me their 'Little Soul Sister' when a girl from D.C. and I were staying in a crib they subletted from one of the Young Rascals [[Gene, not Cornish, the other one who's last name escapes me right now), among other groups in the biz. It was located at 125 W. 49th Street in mid-town Manhattans.The Jive 5 all lived in Brooklyn. Colony Records was right down the street. Madi Gras a Mafia owned club was downstairs, the FBI was spying on who came and went, lol. What a hot spring & summer that was before I took off for adventures in D.C. and the Howard Theater, the Blue Angel, etc.......

S.S.

When I was a member before I used the screen name "dream207". I used it because I am from Maine and the area code is 207.

I'm using the new screen name now because I work for Eugene Pitt [[Jive Five), and also wanted to use my real name as well.

~~Mary~~

This is my real name.

This is my real name too [[sort of!).

Westgrandboulevard, you're lucky that people don't try to walk all over you.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    This is my real name too [[sort of!).
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  21.1 KB
    Your birth name was registered as "One Forty Four", son of Mr. and Mrs. Four, or Mr. and Mrs. Forty Four?

Views: 184
    Robb is my real first name. And K is the initial of my real family name[[a very common Dutch name). And the photo that accompanies all my posts is actually me, as I looked 5 years ago [[and still do).

As "Stale Bagel" was already taken, I suppose I could have gone with "Verschimmelde Kippers", but decided not to try to be clever, after all.

GOOMBA: Just an afficionado of the Godfather and other gangster movies and/or like Ralpht who is another Goomba by choice

Mine's easy: I love soul music!

I guess it's obvious that Marv2 and I have the same last name. [[Chuckle. Chuckle.)

A friend had been after me for awhile to join SDF but I kept delaying. And he would also often rib me about being old when, in fact, he's only 2 weeks younger than me. Two weeks exactly. So, one time on the phone, I turned the tables on him and greeted him with: "Hello Methuselah." And continued to do that occasionally. When I finally did join SDF, I decided not to tell him right away but instead choose a moniker for myself that perhaps might give him a clue. Perhaps? Just minutes after my first post, I received my first private message, as well--from him, naturally--that simply read: "Oh no. You joined."

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 166
    Your birth name was registered as "One Forty Four", son of Mr. and Mrs. Four, or Mr. and Mrs. Forty Four?
    You're under a gross misapprehension.

Mine is based purely and simply on my favourite football - Tottenham Hotspur, hence Hotspurman. It saves me a whole lot of time trying to think up clever names if I use the same one for just about all of my internet activity - ebay, Easy Jet, SDF etc. Also makes me a hacker's dream I guess...