[REMOVE ADS]

Patty Andrews has passed away

You know what is strange about this is they were on my mind yesterday especially Patty and I was reading things on the internet about them. RIP they were national treasures, I am glad Bette Midler kept their sound alive.

Great tribute to the Andrew Sisters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oFhWsnWw_I

Well she is now reunited with her two sisters in God's mansion where they can be together for eternity.

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Thank you for the music and now you are home with the Lord Miss Patty Andrews.

Roberta

smark21 Guest
    Here’s another obit on Patty Andrews. Apparently the Andrews Sisters are the biggest selling female group of all time at 75 million copies. And Patti and her sister Maxine had a decades long feud in which they rarely spoke until Maxine passed away. Below is their most iconic performance. Patti could really wail when she had to.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/rip-p...the-and,91807/

If it wasn't for the Abbott and Costello movies of the early fourties, I would never have been exposed them. R.I.P..

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Here’s another obit on Patty Andrews. Apparently the Andrews Sisters are the biggest selling female group of all time at 75 million copies. And Patti and her sister Maxine had a decades long feud in which they rarely spoke until Maxine passed away. Below is their most iconic performance. Patti could really wail when she had to.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/rip-p...the-and,91807/

I've heard the same thing about the Supremes and Destiny Child. Gotta do some research.