[REMOVE ADS]

Inside story of Bobby Brooks Wilson -- lost son of Jackie Wilson -- is now posted

a good read

edafan

I did an article for Plateau music a while back...

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/_/artic...s-wilson-r2608

Al,

Thank you for the link.

I have to say that this is one hell of a story. Not even Ripley could've made this one up. I definitely see the resemblance & recalling some stories that my parents told me about Jackie's time in N.Y. circa 1961 or so, his story fits like a tailor-made suit.

I also found the events depicted in your bio to be interesting & quite humorous. a turban, basket & rubber snake huh?

Those must've been some great days, requiring a lot more imagination & thinking swiftly on ones feet than we get to see these days. Lord knows that I wish that I could've experienced those days when a group of talented people were creating history without having any idea that they were making history, likely not even imagining the impact that they would come to have on music & the world as we know it.

Who could've known the impact that the events at a small label would have on the world? More than 50 years later, that great music still grabs the hearts of millions. SImply an amazing story & my thanks to all who had a role in becoming the most important & influential label whom in my opinion this world has ever known.

Chalky:

Thank you for the link. I enjoyed your article & just when we'd believe that we've heard it all, guys like you & Al have a way of coming up with something new.