[REMOVE ADS]

Motown finally released Beans Bowles Album after fifty years.

Motown Unreleased 1962: Jazz, Vol. 2 on Amazon.com

Dr. Beans Bowles album finally Released: OMGName:  Beans curved flute.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  19.2 KB

OMG I'm proud to announce that Motown records has finally release my dad's album on Motown Un-released Jazz as a download on Amazon. This album was suppose to be called Beans Bossa Nova with 10 songs.In order for Motown to retain the copyright.. Motown released 7 songs only because of the new copyright laws.

When Fingertips was released and became a hit they redirected his album to the back of the pile. This album [[played by Beans on flute) was the reason I [[his son) started playing the flute. Dr. Bowles has a pure and distinct sound and the melodies were authentic. It's bitter sweet for me to announce this release because these recordings could have been released years ago while my dad was still alive.

When he recorded this he was so proud because everyone said, "Beans had recorded a smash",[[re: Dr. Beans Bowles "Fingertips" The Untold Story). When it wasn't released without his name on it Beans was crushed. He wouldn't even record in his own studio for his son's. This event broke his spirit for recording.

Soooooooo finally this masterpiece has been released for all to listen to. Please support Beans Bowles and buy this CD download and let's show the world that "the first shall be made last and the last shall be made first". I [[Dennis "Shonuff" Bowles) am the only one who has my Dad's sound and feeling on flute and I will play and promote this album all over the world in my Dad's name. So get ready.......ready or not here I come.

Dennis "Shonuff" Bowles [[Last Man Standing)

If you're interested in more fact about Beans Bowles and "Fingertips" the book the "Untold Story" will uncover all the facts.

www.beansbowlesfingertips.com or Amazom.com/beansbowles

My latest CD : Amazom.com/thisisit [[mp3 download)

Its about time. Thanks for the post, Dennis. Hope this goes very well.

Hello Dennis and yes it is about time!

Great news.

Great news. I always thought the [[original) Fingertips was Beans' song and not Stevie's... funny how fate deals its cards huh?

After reading this post I just gave it another listen, this is great stuff, glad we can finally enjoy it.

Regarding the copyright laws, I think that if a label sits on something without releasing it for some years, the artist should eventually get the chance to take it to another label or release it him/herself.

Thanks Calvin, after fifty years it's hard to convince people of the truth. Truth is Beans had a love and was one of the first at Motown to record. He had so many skills that they needed from him they decided to shelf him. Besides the facts and evidense about "Fingertips" fifty years they shelved him. He would always say,"Anit No Wine before it's time". RIP pops...... God has yo back. The first shall be made last and the last shall be made first. Happy New Year to everyone in the UK. I'm coming that way this year with a whole of of Music.
    ShonuffffffDB

Truth is the light. Thanks for your support midnightman. I'll keep sending you info as I get it. Happy New Year.

ShonufffffDB

Thanks Marv2. All I needed was Motown to say and accredit my dad as being a recording artist. Now I'll promote this album and bring it to the UK as if it were my own. In my fathers name..... I'm the only one left. God bless you and have a Happy New Year. ttus
    ShonufffffDB

Dennis;
    After much frustration not being able to obtain the mp3 downloads of your father's jazz recordings on Amazon and iTunes, because they are NOT available to Canadians, I was helped out by a kind member on this site.

Your father, Dr. Beans Bowles' fine musicianship stands heads above the other material being offered as part of this Unreleased Motown Jazz package. He had much to be proud of, and I understand your frustration at not being able to have shared his talent long ago.

Your book on your dad's life is the first step, and now his music gives Motown fans like myself, a much fuller picture of his many talents. When you obtain the rights to put together a "hard copy" with a booklet and that wonderful photograph posted above, you have a sure sale here.

Yes recognition has come late for your father, as he was not able to bask in the sunshine of love and affection of his Motown fans, himself. However, deep in his heart he knew WHO he was, and you can carry that torch for him, into the future. Smile.................
    Last edited by R. Mark Desjardins; 01-15-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Motown should have released anything by beans bowls years ago[are you kidding me??]motown was lucky to have had a musician of his stature there,well i'm glad that his work is seeing the light of day,dennis your dad was one of the greats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bowles View Post
    Thanks Marv2. All I needed was Motown to say and accredit my dad as being a recording artist. Now I'll promote this album and bring it to the UK as if it were my own. In my fathers name..... I'm the only one left. God bless you and have a Happy New Year. ttus
    ShonufffffDB
    Dennis good work. Techinically you may be the only one, but you are not alone. As long as there are music loving Detroiters, Ex Detroiters and great music lovers at large......you are not alone. We support you!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    Motown should have released anything by beans bowls years ago[are you kidding me??]motown was lucky to have had a musician of his stature there,well i'm glad that his work is seeing the light of day,dennis your dad was one of the greats.
    Dr. Bowles was one of the greats! I got the chance to meet him in 1994 in Detroit.

That picture would make a great poster. It is iconic!

Dennis, those of us who love Motown know about your father's great contribution to the label's success. What a talent! It is truly a shame that Motown didn't release this [[and more) material under his own name back in the day. He did so much for Motown and deserved better. But 50 years later, here we are enjoying his terrific music.