[REMOVE ADS]

Anybody else like this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HoCgtBLars

A very wistful song and time. Takes me back to those good, old college days of long ago.

Yes I like it. Bought the album that it comes from a few years ago. Worth a listen

Am I correct in the thought that this is an answer song to Spanky and Our Gang's "Sunday Morning"? Thought I read that somewhere.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    Am I correct in the thought that this is an answer song to Spanky and Our Gang's "Sunday Morning"? Thought I read that somewhere.....
    Baltimore's Peppermint Rainbow had a Top 40 hit in 1969 with their harmony-laden soft rocker "Will You Be Staying After Sunday" -- a nod [[both thematically and musically) to the Spanky & Our Gang hits "Sunday Morning" and "Sunday Will Never Be the Same." Like Spanky & Our Gang, the Peppermint Rainbow excelled at soaring vocal harmony work, with Bonnie Lamdin [[later Phipps) helming most of the leads and the rest of the group providing the backing. A real working road band, the Peppermint Rainbow slugged it out in the clubs of Baltimore and Georgetown [[under the name the New York Times) in 1967-1968, and got their first break when they caught the attention of Cass Elliot [[Mama Cass, duly impressed and probably flattered, joined the group on-stage during a Mamas & the Papas medley and quickly hooked the group up with her contacts at Decca Records).

"Green Tambourine" and "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" writer/producer Paul Leka took the band under his wing and released its first single, "Walking in Different Circles" b/w "Pink Lemonade," under the group's new moniker the Peppermint Rainbow. The record failed to chart but their next single, the Al Kasha-penned "Will You Be Staying After Sunday," was a hit. Overnight, the bandmembers went from sharing bologna sandwiches to playing alongside acts like the 5th Dimension and Sly & the Family Stone, as well as appearing on numerous television shows. Subsequent singles charted admirably, but their only LP release [[titled Will You Be Staying After Sunday) never cracked the Billboard Top 100. By 1970, the group had dissolved -- a combination of disenchantment with the industry and personal commitments -- leaving three fine singles and one great long-player as testimony to "flash in the pan" fame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC9Go3WS3Eo

Cute remake of the song....though, the hand movements got me dizzy!

I like it, and also this one by the Peppermint Rainbow which was on the charts that summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW_Vumu9RRU

Oldies

One of those songs that you forget how great they are until you hear them again.