[REMOVE ADS]

RossHolloway Guest

Smile Jr. Walkers' AllStar Band

Has anyone had a chance to catch the Original Jr. Walkers' AllStar Band? It has original members Victor Thomas and Tony Washington. I would love to catch this group live. I wonder why more of the original Motown acts don't band together and tour as a package: The AllStar Band, Jimmy Ruffin, Velvelettes, Martha & The Vandellas, Mary Wilson, Dennis Edwards Temps Revue, Brenda Holloway...Gosh, I wish I had the funds to bring them all together and tour the US and World.

http://www.jrwalkersallstarband.us/

Is Vic Thomas playing with the band now? I saw them in London and didn't think there was anybody from the original. The sax guy has some of Junior's licks, but not the creativity or energy. Squealed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to catch the Original Jr. Walkers' AllStar Band? It has original members Victor Thomas and Tony Washington. I would love to catch this group live. I wonder why more of the original Motown acts don't band together and tour as a package: The AllStar Band, Jimmy Ruffin, Velvelettes, Martha & The Vandellas, Mary Wilson, Dennis Edwards Temps Revue, Brenda Holloway...Gosh, I wish I had the funds to bring them all together and tour the US and World.

http://www.jrwalkersallstarband.us/
    They have. They just did two big assed tours called the "Legends of Motown" of the U.K. and in Februrary in Australia. If there was a smart promoter that really wanted to make the cash, they would bring the tour here to the U.S.

"The Legends of Motown Tour" 2010

RossHolloway Guest
    Yes, the site says that Vic Thomas is a part of the band! I'd love to see them in concert.

Amazing. Thanks Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by bankhousedave View Post
    The sax guy has some of Junior's licks, but not the creativity or energy. Squealed a lot.
    Isn't he Junior's nephew or something?

Marv, please help me out. Who are the artists on the pic, from left to right?

As I recall the tour was a smash in Australia.