[REMOVE ADS]

MotownPhilly Connections

Besides the hit song, there have several MotownPhilly Connections that I'm aware of.

1. Tammi Terrell
    2. Boyz II Men
    3. Cindy Birdsong [[NJ... metro Philly region)
    4. Weldon McDougall
    5. Jeffrey Bowen
    6. Lynda Laurence
    7. Ira Tucker, Jr [[Stevie Wonder)
    8. Myxx [[1st Group signed to Stevie's Motown dist'd label)
    9. Ron Tyson
    10. Harry McGilberry
    11. Eddie Custis [[Invictus - Chmn Of Board)

I can think of a few other Motown Philly collabs, but wondering if anyone might call back some to my mind that I might have completely forgotten. Maybe there are some that I never even knew about. If you got it, bring it!

Taken from their 1981 album produced by Thom Bell and sounding like The Stylistics......not quite as well known as some of their albums but overall it was pretty good.....Mr. Bell just couldn't seem to get the sound right. Aiming at Your heart [[ a Spinners sound alike) was the biggest hit from this Lp. I'm not sure this is what you meant, but its my contribution.

pal... this is exactly what I'm talkin bout lol! I don't recall the song or the collab at all. I didn't expect to be skooled on the very first reply. I agree with your review too. Great job!

Yes there were many Motown / Philly connections -
    Bobby Taylor recorded for Gamble Huff [[and released I Can't Quit Your Love), The Jacksons too
    Marvin Gaye & Diana Ross recorded Stop Look & Listen and You're My Everything
    Smokey recorded Betcha By Golly Wow on Flying High Together
    Thelma Houston hit with Don't Leave Me This Way
    The Originals also did some Philly stuff I think
    Dancing In The Street mentions Philadelphia PA
    I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
    Van McCoy had links with both Motown and Philly [[e.g. David Ruffin / Stylistics)
    The Supremes did Love Train
    etc