[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes Christmas CD - Missing Tracks

So, I was reminded of another Christmas song by The Supremes that isn't on the expanded edition of their Christmas album. I'll have to add that one to my Supremes Christmas playlist.

If I'm correct, the Christmas songs that are missing from the expanded cd are:
    Won't Be Long Before Christmas [[on Never Before Released Masters)
    Oh, Holy Night [[on A Motown Christmas Vol. 2 & 20th Cent. Masters Motown Christmas)
    Little Town of Bethlehem [[on A Motown Christmas Carol & A Motown Christmas Vol. 2)

Any reason why these weren't added to the expanded cd to give us all the Christmas songs in one place? And are there any more?

I believe that all the Supremes songs apart from some Disney tracks have been released.I can`t find anything in the uncompleted list to suggest that there was anything else started either.

There is also "Noel" ,"The Christmas Song [[Merry Christmas To You)" and "Silent Night" available.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    There is also "Noel" ,"The Christmas Song [[Merry Christmas To You)" and "Silent Night" available.
    Thanks, Roger. Those are the tracks that are on the expanded edition cd. I don't understand why they didn't just put them all on one cd and call it a day.

alanbill1074 Guest
    Strategic marketing. It worked on me. I ended buying those compilations just for the missing tracks. Had they been on "Merry Christmas" I most likely wouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by alanbill1074 View Post
    Strategic marketing. It worked on me. I ended buying those compilations just for the missing tracks. Had they been on "Merry Christmas" I most likely wouldn't have.
    The team behind the Hipo releases discussed this. It was stated that at the time of the Merry Christmas remaster [[1999), they were not aware of Bethlehem and O Holy Night. Won't Be Long Till Christmas is a Disney song and was recorded for that project in 1967.

Also the mono version of the album has 3 variations:
    Silver Bells [[mono - no b/vs)
    My Christmas Tree [[mono alt lead)
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Me [[mono alt lead)
    There is also a bootleg rehearsal clip recording of Diana's attempting to sing "Silent Night" where she can't reach the notes that Flo does.

Quote Originally Posted by markdtiller View Post
    Also the mono version of the album has 3 variations:
    Silver Bells [[mono - no b/vs)
    My Christmas Tree [[mono alt lead)
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Me [[mono alt lead)
    There is also a bootleg rehearsal clip recording of Diana's attempting to sing "Silent Night" where she can't reach the notes that Flo does.
    Now I'm wondering if Mary and Florence's original background vocal still exist? Andy? George?

I know, I know. It's in the wrong forum. This was an older thread that existed before the separate DR/Supremes Forum was created.

Merry Christmas.