[REMOVE ADS]

This brother is about to bring class and structure back to the entertainment industry

Hello all! This is my interview with Angelo Ellerbee who runs Double XXPosure Media Relations who has worked with people like Michael Jackson, Mary J. Blige and many othes. He uses Berry Gordy as his model to help bring etiquette, professionalism and class back into the entertainment industry. An amazing story.

http://soultrain.com/2012/12/19/qa-angelo-ellerby/

One quote that caught my eye:

Angelo: It’s very dangerous. I always tell people to be responsible for their actions. You have to look at your fan base and the people behind you. They are destroying minds. If someone can look on a global map and show me where Black America is, tell me, because we live in White America. And since we live in White America, we’re going to do what White America dictates us what to do. If we go against it, it’s going to be a threatening situation. So when those profane lyrics and images get into the minds of young white children, it becomes a problem.
    I think what has happened in the rap era is that you had a bunch of people who didn't take the time to learn things work in the real world, and wanted to do things all on their own terms, only to have it backlash, and that's exactly what happened. White America didn't take the young, defiant rappers seriously, and even saw them as a threat. Still do.

So, the question is, do you concede to the established status quo, as Mr Ellerbee suggests, or do you keep working on doing it your way, while redefining the image?

There is plenty of class and structure in the entertainment industry, it's just limited to
    hiphop and the current state of R&B. Also I always get confused when people talk about
    "White America" these days. Which White America? White Americans are nowhere near
    as monolific in their thinking today as they were in the 40's 50's or even 60's and some white
    Americans make up a major chunk of hiphop's fanbase. As far as soul and R&B I think Sharon Jones and Ryan Shaw are doing just fine...

Older White America...

Sorry, in my above post I meant to say monolithic, that's what happens when posting in
    frustration. Anyway, soulster, when you say Older White America, I honestly don't think
    it's as cut and dried as that. And too, I can think of a few things a number of my fellow black
    Americans could stand to let go of...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Sorry, in my above post I meant to say monolithic, that's what happens when posting in
    frustration. Anyway, soulster, when you say Older White America, I honestly don't think
    it's as cut and dried as that. And too, I can think of a few things a number of my fellow black
    Americans could stand to let go of...
    That's true. I know you're right, but I live in tea-party country, if you know what I mean, and it skews my thinking.