[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves in Minneapolis January 9 & 10. 2013

Just ordered my tickets...it's a 7 hr. drive from my home in Ontario..but the Dakota Jazz club is a great venue..and Everyone on this board attests to how much she likes to perform. This should be a lot of fun!
    Lorne

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    Just ordered my tickets...it's a 7 hr. drive from my home in Ontario..but the Dakota Jazz club is a great venue..and Everyone on this board attests to how much she likes to perform. This should be a lot of fun!
    Lorne
    dlorne; what date and time are you going?

The Dakota is where I saw Mary Wilson perform a few years back.

marybrewster I strongly urge you to go and see the First lady of Motown Records Miss Martha Reeves in Minneapolis in january. You will witness a legend with one of the best voices around today working her magic. You will also get to meet this living gracious legend after her show. This is a real treat and you dont want to miss.

http://dakotacooks.com/event/martha-...e-vandellas-2/

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    I have seen Martha a few times in the last few years and I can honestly say "there is NOTHING like her" Who ELSE will sing Come And Get These Memories and Row, Row, Row Your Boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    marybrewster I strongly urge you to go and see the First lady of Motown Records Miss Martha Reeves in Minneapolis in january. You will witness a legend with one of the best voices around today working her magic. You will also get to meet this living gracious legend after her show. This is a real treat and you dont want to miss.

http://dakotacooks.com/event/martha-...e-vandellas-2/

Roberta
    Roberta; thanks for the "push"; I just ordered my tickets.

dlorne; I am attending the Thursday night 9pm show. If that's the one you're attending, I'd love to say "hello".

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Roberta; thanks for the "push"; I just ordered my tickets.

dlorne; I am attending the Thursday night 9pm show. If that's the one you're attending, I'd love to say "hello".
    Oh i am so pleased. you are in for a treat marybrewster. Please tell the first Lady of Motown Records that Roberta from LA sends her love and hugs.

My best to you.

Roberta

Lorne
    Drlorne, I going to be in Ontario this coming weekend Toronto!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Oh i am so pleased. you are in for a treat marybrewster. Please tell the first Lady of Motown Records that Roberta from LA sends her love and hugs.

My best to you.

Roberta
    I certainly will.

I was lucky enough to catch Martha, Lois and Delphine a couple of years ago. After the concert there was a "meet and greet" and all three ladies were lovely enough to sign autographs and let me snap a picture with them. Honest to Jesus, I had my hand on the backside of Miss Martha Reeves.

I certainly will.

I was lucky enough to catch Martha, Lois and Delphine a couple of years ago. After the concert there was a "meet and greet" and all three ladies were lovely enough to sign autographs and let me snap a picture with them. Honest to Jesus, I had my hand on the backside of Miss Martha Reeves.
    LOL marybrewster. There isn't a performer around today as gracious and lovely as the First Lady of Motown Records Miss Martha Reeves. She is a true lady who is beautiful inside and out.

Roberta

Martha at BBKings NYC 12/30.

Hi Marybrewster :
    We're at the same show...great! We're probably around each other. We were at Diana Ross in Mystic Lakes at the same time but didn't connect. This time for sure.
    We're in Mexico right now and the Internet is scetchy....reason for not being on more often.
    Marv enjoy Toronto, I always like the Danforth area, Great Greek food. I was in Philadelphia 2 weeks ago at the Double Tree on Broad St. Layed on the sidewalk to have my picture taken beside Dee Dee Sharp's plaque.
    Adios Amigos!
    Lorne

Hi Marybrewster :
    We're at the same show...great! We're probably around each other. We were at Diana Ross in Mystic Lakes at the same time but didn't connect. This time for sure.
    We're in Mexico right now and the Internet is scetchy....reason for not being on more often.
    Marv enjoy Toronto, I always like the Danforth area, Great Greek food. I was in Philadelphia 2 weeks ago at the Double Tree on Broad St. Layed on the sidewalk to have my picture taken beside Dee Dee Sharp's plaque.
    Adios Amigos!
    Lorne
    dlorne; that's great! What table are you at? We're 191.

Red face

dlorne; that's great! What table are you at? We're 191.
    We're 190. Looking forward to meeting you.
    Lorne

We'll be sitting at the table right behind you.

A "hello" for sure!

Martha in Minneaoplis; THIS Thursday! Can't wait!

Hi Roberta; sorry for the delay in my posting a few pics from Martha's performance in Minneapolis.

The pictures of Martha performing don't do the diva justice. They were taken with my camera phone; and although it may be hard to tell, we were probably 15-20 feet from the stage. The lighting was very dim where we were seated; just the stage was lit. We certainly were close enough to read the musicians sheet music. Very cool. Some of it looked as though it was from "back in the day".

Although no one will believe me, trust me when I say that Martha sounded fantastic. I know many have been critical of Martha's singing as of late, but I heard little to no vibrato. I had seen Martha a few years back, and this performance was 100, no, 1000 times better. For 71 years young, this woman still has it. [[I'm sure many of you won't believe my words; dlorne [[from here at SDF) sat right next to me and I know he'll agree).....

I wish I would have written down the set list, but these are some of the songs that I can remember she sang:

Heatwave [[opened with)
    Come and Get These Memories
    Jimmy Mack
    I'm Ready for Love
    Nowhere to Run
    Watch Your Back [[from her "Home to You" album)
    Many Rivers to Cross [[from her MCA album)
    Motown Medley [[includes Signed, Sealed, Delivered)
    Dancing in the Streets

I know there were more, but I was so enchanted with Martha, Lois and Dephine, it was hard to keep track, although I know I sang along to every song.

Martha wore a silver sequinned dress [[again the pictures don't do justice) with GORGEOUS silver shoes; Lois and Delphine were in black dresses with white and black fringe. They all looked amazing.

Naturally the highlight of the evening was meeting Martha; taking pictures with her and getting autographs. I was brave enough to push my way backstage [[*smile*) and caught up with Lois and Delphine, who were absolutely just as cute and sweet as can be.

It was a thrilling, amazing evening, one I won't soon forget.

We were lucky to be able to sit with MaryBrewster, how cool is that..because of SDF. The photo of the poster of Martha, I was able to take, but ripped it badly because it was so well taped to the window. We were at her last performance for the engagement, so I thought she was relaxed and took her time and chatted alot and gave a longer show. She loves to perform and loves her fans. I remember she did "B" sides and some Richard Morris and Sylvia Moy [[Honey Chile, Sweet Darlin) which she said they wrote for her. My partner really liked "God Bless the Child". I got a great photo with her and she signed my Martha Reeves, Richard Perry, cover and CD. She said she didn't have that album on CD. She was very generous with her time and overall it was a great concert and it was great to know someone else was a great fan of her.
    Lorne

We were lucky to be able to sit with MaryBrewster, how cool is that..because of SDF. The photo of the poster of Martha, I was able to take, but ripped it badly because it was so well taped to the window. We were at her last performance for the engagement, so I thought she was relaxed and took her time and chatted alot and gave a longer show. She loves to perform and loves her fans. I remember she did "B" sides and some Richard Morris and Sylvia Moy [[Honey Chile, Sweet Darlin) which she said they wrote for her. My partner really liked "God Bless the Child". I got a great photo with her and she signed my Martha Reeves, Richard Perry, cover and CD. She said she didn't have that album on CD. She was very generous with her time and overall it was a great concert and it was great to know someone else was a great fan of her.
    Lorne
    she sang "Sweet Darlin"? Oh my... I think I might faint.

Neither MaryBrewster nor I wrote her set list down...I can't remember the "B" sides, but I know I knew them well. She said someone from the first show had taken her copy of the set list. One other good natured quip was talking about her early hits with HDH and then the Supremes "Where DOLG" and she said Where did our writers go? This was a small club and we made great eye contact with Delphine, so I know that they had agreat time with a responsive audience right in front of them.
    Lorne

marybrewster and dlorne thank you thank you thank you for the great reviews and beautiful photos. So the first lady of Motown Dr Martha Reeves delivered another Aplus performance. Well im not surprised. martha loves to perform and it shows and yes marybrewster I believe you that martha sound fantastic because Martha always sounds fantastic and looks fantastic and is real fantastic with her fans. I am so glad you both had such a great evening in front of motown royalty because thats what martha really is.

My personel best to both of you and my heartfelt thanks again.

Roberta

I saw a performance Miss Reeves did in 2011 on youtube and you are right she is singing in her lower register again and sounds like the Martha we know and love.

Thought of dlorne today and can't believe it's been over two years since we saw Martha. Still amazed by such a magical night; would love to see Martha, Lois and Delphine again!