[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    So excited to hear this interview with Louvain.

Telma Hopkins of Dawn said she was on this recording. Was she part of the Andantes?

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Can somebody post the link so I can catch the show
    Here you are, Rod:

www.womr.org

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    John

Tell Louvain to shout, some of us are listening over 4000 miles away!!!
    Good to see you again, John

John

Can you ask about their work with Staunton Walker and Robert Dobyne please. Tommy Good, Brenda Holloway etc
    Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 12-11-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Joe.....I'm in bed ready to drop off asleep at any minute but then I have a question so I have to get out of bed.

Joe.....I'm in bed ready to drop off asleep at any minute but then I have a question so I have to get out of bed.
    Hang in there John. This is a historical interview!

Well my Wednesday mornings are wiped out now! I can't function until about 2PM on Wednesdays after listening in. This show is GREAT tonight John. How unsung are the Andantes eh? Please tell her Steve Weaver sends a big kiss and hug from the very cold UK.
    QUESTION: Did she sing on 'Up The Ladder' and/or 'Stoned'..? I'd LOVE to know!
    Steve.x

Did the Andantes do any of the demos?

Loving this interview.

Question for Louvain:

Is there a song which you recorded the background that you were sure was going to be a hit and wasn't and one that you didn't think had a chance that did hit it big?

No disrespect, but the Andantes office was probably a small room.

Questions for Louvain:

Does she recall or remember a song that was vocally challenging for the Andantes?

With the recent news of the class of 2013 Rock Hall inductees I am pulling for the Andantes to be inducted in the Sidemen category. They are most deserving to be included.

Johnny,
    Is there any info supplied with the Dennis Edwards track that you're playing ? The intro sounded very Invictus-like....

Did the Up The Laddr To The Roof and Stoned Love question get answered if so what was it?

Hearing this version of Fancy Passes I would say that the Andantes sound most like the Supremes.

Fascinating interview John. Very cool.

I was sure it was The Supremes on Barbara's "Fancy Passes", too! Live and learn.

Hello MJ and Louvain. I'm here from the ATL. Joined while you were playing "Fancy Passes". Enjoying myself very much. Always when listening to MOTOWN

Tyrone

Was the studio United Sound Studio

Crying TIme is surely not a Detroit Hitsville Recording. Ask Louvain point blank if that is the Andantes on Crying TIme - I doubt it. More likely Edna Wright, Patrice Holloway and others

The way the Andantes sing the title is so heavenly. Like nothing else I've ever heard.

Did the Andantes do any of the Miracles backing vocals? How is Louvains relationship with Claudette Robinson considering Somkey used them often on his productions

John

Come Round Here [[I'm The One You Need)

Baby I'm for Real or God Bless Whoever Sent You - songs by the Originals

QUESTION FOR LOUVAIN:

Was the Miracles' tune I GOTTA DANCE TO KEEP FROM CRYING with The Andantes?
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 12-12-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Did the Andantes do any of the Miracles backing vocals? How is Louvains relationship with Claudette Robinson considering Somkey used them often on his productions
    Thanks for asking my question regarding Louvain relationship with Claudette.

Tommy Good Baby I Miss You. She's A Living Doll...

For those who listened, did they mention anything regarding Up The Ladder to The Roof and Stoned Love?

For those who listened, did they mention anything regarding Up The Ladder to The Roof and Stoned Love?
    No mention

Oh, what a night!
    Louvain was just charming.
    And the conversation with her was charmed.
    I was completely enthralled.
    Thank you so much, John.
    I can't wait for next week's concluding part.
    And thanks so much for getting to my questions.

Louvain, Thank You so much for sharing your memories and insights into the music we all love and cherish so, and to which The Andantes were a most integral part. Looking forward to Part Two. Thanks again. You were awesome!

Thank you John for a great show. can hardly wait for next Tuesday. Have a great week

Thanks for a great show.

John, that was a great remix of Up The Ladder To The Roof. Is It on youtube?

John;
    An absolutely riveting radio program with your guest this evening, Louvain Demps. The Andantes were surely one of the best kept secret musical weapons at Motown during it's hit making heyday. They had the voices that any other record company would have gladly had on their roster, if Berry Gordy hadn't kept us all in the dark for so long. I really hope that their talent can be officially recognized in the near future. Thank you for your foresight to make this interview happen and I look forward to hearing even more "secrets from the snakepit."

WOW! Great idea - let me know how I can vote for that one Brad...
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Questions for Louvain:

Does she recall or remember a song that was vocally challenging for the Andantes?

With the recent news of the class of 2013 Rock Hall inductees I am pulling for the Andantes to be inducted in the Sidemen category. They are most deserving to be included.

I hope I can say for all of us 'Nightflighters' that last night's show was EXCEPTIONAL! How great that Louvain stayed for over 2 hours. Boy, I'd LOVE to take her to breakfast/lunch/dinner tho one day wouldn't be enough for me. I've got so many questions. She sounds like a really nice lady - completely 'Diva-free' and yet SHE sang on more tracks than any other individual Motown star. She deserves credit for that. Long overdue. I'm really looking forward to next Tuesday's show. RIGHT ON! Steve.

John

Can you ask about their work with Staunton Walker and Robert Dobyne please. Tommy Good, Brenda Holloway etc
    John....as you probably heard....Louvain couldn't remember who Walker and Dobyne were. She said that most of the time, the Andantes worked with little information [[didn't necessarily know the writers, etc). For next week can you give a bit more information in your question. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    Well my Wednesday mornings are wiped out now! I can't function until about 2PM on Wednesdays after listening in. This show is GREAT tonight John. How unsung are the Andantes eh? Please tell her Steve Weaver sends a big kiss and hug from the very cold UK.
    QUESTION: Did she sing on 'Up The Ladder' and/or 'Stoned'..? I'd LOVE to know!
    Steve.x
    Steve....glad you're able to listen...even though it's ruining your life.Thank you! I will let Louvain knowyour sentiments....
    Louvain told me that the ANdantes did sing on "Up The Ladder...."...not sure about "Stoned....".
    Please re-ask the question on next weeks thread, if you will. Thanks!

Did the Andantes do any of the demos?
    Rod....nope!

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Loving this interview.

Question for Louvain:

Is there a song which you recorded the background that you were sure was going to be a hit and wasn't and one that you didn't think had a chance that did hit it big?
    John...glad you could listen in....and thanks!! Sorry I missed your great question...please repost it on next weeks'thread , if you will!

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Questions for Louvain:

Brad....a GREAT question! Sorry I didn't get to it...please repost on next week's thread if you would!
    You are SO right about the Andantes deserving the "sidemen" honors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Johnny,
    Is there any info supplied with the Dennis Edwards track that you're playing ? The intro sounded very Invictus-like....
    Carole...the only information is that it was identified as a Contours unreleased track on the site I found it.
    That intro was created by me...the source had the beginning cut off...

Did the Up The Laddr To The Roof and Stoned Love question get answered if so what was it?
    Rod.....yes to "Up the Ladder...."..."Stoned Love" wasn't asked...will do next week.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Fascinating interview John. Very cool.
    Joseph...thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I was sure it was The Supremes on Barbara's "Fancy Passes", too! Live and learn.
    Joe...I KNOW! I was totally fooled!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    Hello MJ and Louvain. I'm here from the ATL. Joined while you were playing "Fancy Passes". Enjoying myself very much. Always when listening to MOTOWN

Tyrone
    Tyrone....glad you were able to listen and sorry I didn't get a shout out to you earlier than I did. Do come back next week and I'll try to be better!

Was the studio United Sound Studio

Crying TIme is surely not a Detroit Hitsville Recording. Ask Louvain point blank if that is the Andantes on Crying TIme - I doubt it. More likely Edna Wright, Patrice Holloway and others
    John...now what i understand from "those in the KNOW", is that some of those west coast tracks were sent back
    to Detroit for completion...over dubs, background, etc....sooooooooo. And if we never had heard that Edna Wright
    was on a Motown backing track...and I know I have NEVER heard that....you've been holding out on us!

John

Come Round Here [[I'm The One You Need)
    I bet you're right!!!