[REMOVE ADS]

Stoney & Meatloaf v Rustix

Ralph.

There has to be a story here. Listen to this.....

Now this.

theboyfromxtown,

There is a story here. It is recounted in The Complete Motown Singles Vol 11 A [[pp. 67-69) & 11 B [[pp. 86-87) with key quotes from Ralph Terrana, but he may want to re-tell it here for those who do not have access to those sets.

This is rather interesting. I heard the "What You See" track blended into the Rustix song. funny, I never really noticed this, but then I really wasn't paying too much attention to this project since I was involved producing another group at the time. Still, I wonder why Mike Valvano never mentioned this to me. Or, maybe he did and I simply don't remember.

Carlole,
    I guess I better look up those quotes you mentioned.

Thanks Ralph.

I was just a little surprised that you and Russ were not mentioned on the producer credits.

John,
    The basic track to the song was something Mike had produced at an earlier time. We just embellished it with Stoney and Meatloaf. So basically, it was Mike's production.

Speaking of Stoney. I just had an email communication with her yesterday. She has a new album out and I am looking to help her promote it through SD.

"We All End Up In Boxes" is 2nd in my vote for the 10 best Motown records of 1971.

I must agree with you. I had forgotten how food the performance was on that song. Great production and singing.